ImageImageImageImage

Is Marbury heading to Orlando???

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

macdalejax
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Is Marbury heading to Orlando??? 

Post#21 » by macdalejax » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:31 am

This article makes no factual sense therefore I doubt it's validity. I think this guy is talking out his rear end but I could be wrong. If Marbury was interested in coming to O-town then I'd certainly consider it but it would take a lot to sell me on the idea.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#22 » by spinedoc » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:31 am

I agree that he could have a huge upside for us this season. He obviously can become a cancer for a team, but if we catch him in the right mode and wanting to prove something, he could be a solid pickup this year. I still want Jameer to start though. Steph would have to know that he is backing him up, but Marbury is a legit pg that could push this team farther.
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#23 » by ADRajX » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:14 am

well if we are going to get him

he better be willing to come off the bench

because jameer nelson has been on quite a roll lately (before and after his injury); especially his passing and decision making

and, marbury, even with his attitude problems and cancerous nature... is way more effective than AJ off the bench

but that'd leave less minutes to experiment c-lee at pg; and i've been liking his development so far

i really don't want marbury here to tell you the truth; but if it happens, it happens
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:49 am

JAXMagic wrote:well if we are going to get him

because jameer nelson has been on quite a roll lately (before and after his injury); especially his passing and decision making

and, marbury, even with his attitude problems and cancerous nature... is way more effective than AJ off the bench

but that'd leave less minutes to experiment c-lee at pg; and i've been liking his development so far

i really don't want marbury here to tell you the truth; but if it happens, it happens

If you go by Denton's article then it really doesn't sound like Marbury is coming here:

By John Denton

FLORIDA TODAY

ORLANDO -- Orlando Magic gneral manager Otis Smith shot down a report in (New York) Newsday that disgruntled New York point guard Stephon Marbury could end up with the Magic after negotiating a contract buyout with the Knicks.

The report claimed that Marbury will chose between Orlando, Miami, Boston and Dallas following his escape from New York.

Said Smith, while shaking his head incredulously: ``We made the list, huh?’’
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#25 » by ADRajX » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:56 am

cougar13 wrote:
JAXMagic wrote:well if we are going to get him

If you go by Denton's article then it really doesn't sound like Marbury is coming here:

By John Denton

FLORIDA TODAY

ORLANDO -- Orlando Magic gneral manager Otis Smith shot down a report in (New York) Newsday that disgruntled New York point guard Stephon Marbury could end up with the Magic after negotiating a contract buyout with the Knicks.

The report claimed that Marbury will chose between Orlando, Miami, Boston and Dallas following his escape from New York.

Said Smith, while shaking his head incredulously: ``We made the list, huh?’’

GOOD
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#26 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:06 am

Otis Smith weaves a sticky web of deception
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#27 » by NEM » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:42 am

it says in parentheses in new york...why was otis in new york when we havent been up there??? hmmm i wonder....marbury is suspended, otis was in new york, we need a backup pg cause aj doesnt cut it... otis always denies reports and when you least expect it, he hits you with what we've been hearing about... im all for it, seems like a low risk, high reward signing...worst case scenario, we sign him, he sucks, we cut him...its not like he's making 21 million of our dollars so we dont lose much by waiving him
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#28 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:49 am

It was just clarifying that Newsday is a NY paper. Otis was in the arena tonight.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:05 am

FFBlitzace wrote:It was just clarifying that Newsday is a NY paper. Otis was in the arena tonight.

No on Marbury and Otis seems to think the same and yes Otis in Orlando not NYC. Thanks FFBlitzace for understanding and letting others know what it meant.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Post#30 » by Kent » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:03 am

The Magic aren't signing Marbury.

END THREAD
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#31 » by ivDT » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:09 am

"stephon marbury is fool's gold" - otis.
KoolMikeSkii
Junior

Post#32 » by KoolMikeSkii » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:18 am

To me this would mark a great moment for us if we get him. It will be the start of the Dwight factor. Like Shaq back in the day and Lebron now players are going as Jason Kidd said last year flock to Orlando because they want to play with Dwight Howard. Hopefully taking less money in hopes of winning a championship. Fun times to be an Orlando magic fan again.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#33 » by glennathan » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:41 am

mikegraphix wrote:To me this would mark a great moment for us if we get him. It will be the start of the Dwight factor. Like Shaq back in the day and Lebron now players are going as Jason Kidd said last year flock to Orlando because they want to play with Dwight Howard. Hopefully taking less money in hopes of winning a championship. Fun times to be an Orlando magic fan again.

agreed. It kinda reminds me of Horace Grant coming to Orlando with the hopes of winning a championship with Shaq and Penny. That is kinda the situation now except we now have Dwight and Hedo. I really wanna see if there can be any truth confirmed for this. Would make speculations alot easier.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,598

Post#34 » by SOUL » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:10 am

Otis likes Chunky Fatkins.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#35 » by glennathan » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:21 am

Soul wrote:Otis likes Chunky Fatkins.

:lol: :censored:
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#36 » by Dome » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:52 am

craig01 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote: It would be SO un-Magic.

Indeed.

No way it happens......I think.

No way it happens......I hope!
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#37 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Dec 6, 2008 10:56 am

If it's true, and not just Marbury's camp spreading rumors to se what sticks, then there is immediate upside. For the remainder of the season the guy is probably close to a model citizen, trying to prove he's still got game.

His second season anywhere though he turns into a cancer. So for us he could be a short term fix, but I would hope we wouldn't keep him too long.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#38 » by Tarheel » Sat Dec 6, 2008 11:03 am

God, I hope not. I don't want that whiny Primadonna b*tch here.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:54 pm

glennathan wrote:
Soul wrote:Otis likes Chunky Fatkins.

:lol: :censored:

In the Atkins thread which is updated and shows that Otis is indeed trying to get Atkins by either trading Cook or Bogans and Wilks the two groups salaries match with the later being expirings.
I would take Atkins any day over that cancer marbury.

I believe that Otis Smith agrees with me because when asked he said no to Marbury that was yesterday btw.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#40 » by aleZ » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:00 pm

After the Steve-t-O experiment, I doubt Dwight wants to play with another ballhog PG.

Return to Orlando Magic