ImageImageImageImage

Warriors Waive Hendrix!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: Warriors Waive Hendrix! 

Post#21 » by spinedoc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:52 am

Terrific prospect, reminds me of Barkley at only 6-8, but he can still body up. I hope we pick him up, and I don't see why not considering we have essentially two open spots. Either one of those guys can go, neither have much chance of seeing the floor. It gives us another option behind Battie and Gortat. We can either go finesse with Cook, or bruiser with Hendrix.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#22 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:56 am

Yeah Hendrix would give us the only type of player were missing in the frontcourt players.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Magic.City.23. » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 am

I like 'em. I mean it cant hurt to give him a shot, right?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#24 » by MagicMadness » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:27 am

Magic.City.23. wrote:I like 'em. I mean it cant hurt to give him a shot, right?

Agreed. Unfortunately, it always seems this way with these guys who get dropped from other teams, but we rarely pick them up.

(Obviously part of the reason is because there are 28 other teams in the Association who could pick them up as well, but still...)
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#25 » by Last Guardian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:37 pm

According to pre-draft measurements, he is 6'7.75 in shoes. The good thing is he has a 7'3 wingspan, which puts him in the Brand/Millsap/Maxiell category of being a tough, thick, short PF with very long arms. This is pretty much the type of player we have been missing.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#26 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 pm

When was the last time that our entire board, well the ones that have posted here, actually UNANIMOUSLY agreed that we should get a guy?

COME ON OTIS!!!
Neon1
RealGM

Post#27 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Solid Snake wrote:According to pre-draft measurements, he is 6'7.75 in shoes. The good thing is he has a 7'3 wingspan, which puts him in the Brand/Millsap/Maxiell category of being a tough, thick, short PF with very long arms. This is pretty much the type of player we have been missing.

Totally off topic but, How may of you guys know/realised that Brian Cook is actually 6'11. He didnt grow late like Hedo either..he always has been that tall but was listed at his in socks measurement in college and they just kept it..Theres a few players like that in the L.

Maybe hes got that KG complex about not wanting to be a big guy.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#28 » by Last Guardian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:10 pm

I have realized that since we got him. Cook is a little taller than Dwight and just a little shorter than Gortat. I don't know why they list him 6'9.
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#29 » by TheRevTy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 pm

He also was faster and had less body fat than Nick Collison at the pre-draft measurements.

Go figure.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:34 pm

TheRevTy wrote:He also was faster and had less body fat than Nick Collison at the pre-draft measurements.

Go figure.

And Im pretty sure he's STILL faster than Nick Collison....along with the rest of the L not named Yao, Kendrick or Anthony Johnson...

Neon1
RealGM

Post#31 » by Neon1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:37 pm

And Dampier, Deke...Maybe Brook Lopez too....

MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#32 » by MitchellUK » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:57 pm

I'd love to see us pick him up for the minimum, maybe a non-guaranteed deal - if he doesn't work out, then we can cut him before we owe the full amount. Maintains roster flexibility while also giving us a low risk, potentially high reward pickup.

As someone said earlier, Hendrix is one of those thickset, 'undersized' power forwards whom the vast majority of the league, for some reason, continue to sleep on because they aren't 6'10. Never mind that guys like Jason Maxiell and Paul Millsap, to name just a couple, have made tremendous contributions to excellent teams despite being only 6'6. Height is only important if you lack the athleticism or strength to gain positon - guy like Millsap and Maxiell, who are strong as bulls, can hold post position and block out and out muscle taller guys for boards, etc. Hendrix appears to be in the same mould (which is why I was baffled when GSW drafted him - he hardly fits Nelson's system), and could be a good role player on winning teams.
MigB
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#33 » by MigB » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 pm

I think we should pick him up.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#34 » by Devin 1L » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:03 pm

As I've said before, I wanted this guy in the draft, so I'm all in favor of us bringing him in.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#35 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 am

I'd love him, but don't think it's gonna happen.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#36 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:05 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:When was the last time that our entire board, well the ones that have posted here, actually UNANIMOUSLY agreed that we should get a guy?

COME ON OTIS!!!

Hendrix can be a player the Magic should take a look at. Nothing wrong with add some rebounding and toughness to the squad.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#37 » by Bensational » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:30 am

i would love to see the team add him, and hopefully Otis does.... but how long do you think it would take for him to get PT? Gortat is only just starting to get solid minutes, and that's only because Dwight went down iwth an injury and forced SVG to see what the kid has got.

if we could add Hendrix, then i think we would've ticked all the boxes i could've hoped for from the Summer.

*sign Pietrus
*draft a sg (C.Lee)
*draft a PF (Dorsey, White or Hendrix)

Return to Orlando Magic