ImageImageImageImage

Stephen Jackson?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The Magic Man
Banned User
And1: 0

Stephen Jackson? 

Post#1 » by The Magic Man » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:32 pm

According to Hoopsworld and Real GM,the Warriors S.Jackson said that he would welcome a trade from the Bay Area.So I was thinking since Turk has been struggling this year why not pull a trade that would send us back a better playmaker and a player who is capable of playing the sg position.

Magic Trade:Turk,Cook,1rd
Warriors Trade:S.Jackson,A.Randolph

Magic Lineup:
pg:Nelson,Johnson
sg:Jackson,Lee,Bogans,Redick
sf:Lewis,Pietrus,Bogans
pf:Randolph,Battie
c:Howard,Gortat
6th man:Pietrus

We lose Turk(4.5ast), but we gain a better playmaker Jackson(6.0ast),we also move Lewis back to the sf and we also get back a all star potential pf Randolph.We also will have a deeper bench with Pietrus and Lee our main subs.Jackson and Randolph also fits Van Gundy's system they spread the floor and can hit the 3 ball.

Works on the Trade Checker.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: Stephen Jackson? 

Post#2 » by glennathan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:47 pm

I doubt this would happen but it would be a good move IMO. Stephen Jackson would give a different style of play on the court and would stretch the defense a little more then Turk does now. The only thing that makes this trade uneven is that we loose the "Turkey Dance". :(
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#3 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:49 pm

Hedo doesn't have as many assists, but he's a better playmaker than Jackson, not to mention his ego would not mesh well with this unit. And I wouldn't call Randolph all-star potential.

I'm disappointed with Hedo this year, but I also realize it's mostly cause he's trying to do more than he needs to and he's forcing up bad shots cause he has the freedom to do so.

I'd say no to the this deal, why change a good thing? I'm more inclined to let Hedo walk then trade him for Jackson.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by EasternMagic » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:57 pm

if this was a video game i would definitely do that, but there's no need to do any trades right now we are one of the top 5 teams in the country
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#5 » by Big A All Day » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:58 pm

EasternMagic wrote:if this was a video game i would definitely do that, but there's no need to do any trades right now we are one of the top 5 teams in the country
+1 :lol:
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#6 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Jackson is a punk, and he's starting to physically break down finally.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#7 » by AgEnT50 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:03 pm

EasternMagic wrote:if this was a video game i would definitely do that, but there's no need to do any trades right now we are one of the top 5 teams in the country

QFT
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#8 » by drsd » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Hedo has not exactly ben struggling in that his game is a complement to the team (ball handling, clutch shooting, assists).

Right now, I cannot see GM Smith trading any Magic starter.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#9 » by damo[23] » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:16 am

Hedo is struggling statistically .. that doesnt mean he's struggling so to speak. Still a v.important player in making our system tick.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:27 am

LOL.

Turkoglu and a 1st for Jackson and Randolph? Are you kidding me? Man, that is comedic gold.

Jackson is garbage. Trust me, I've seen plenty of the guy. He's the last dude we would want on the team. He would not help our chemistry and the dude has horrible shot selection. He plays solid defense but thats not something we need right now. Orlando just needs minor tweaks here and there with a few role players needed, not some hot-headed piece of trash like Jackson.

Randolph doesn't make this deal worth it.
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#11 » by deanwoof » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:53 am

we already have a 2 guard in Pietrus.

The only position we really need to fill is PF. and even that's iffy with the way Dwight is playing. He basically is both the PF and C for us! :)
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#12 » by EasternMagic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:24 am

Though I will say this, I was at the Golden State game, and Hedo was awfully friendly w/ the coaches and the GSW team. He was hugging Don Nelson, and I was wondering why. LOL so just to add false speculation...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#13 » by Bensational » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:13 am

lol. true.
LMBaller10
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#14 » by LMBaller10 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:15 am

I agree with most of the posters on this trade, we don't need to make a trade that is going to potentially ruin our chemistry. I do think we need to make a trade of some sorts maybe involving smaller pieces such as JJ & Cook for something we can actually use. A trade that will be less drastic, getting in return a nice role player at the PG or PF position. Trading a first rounder is stupid we need to continue to build our team and now we are going to have to do that through the draft since our cap space for the most part is tied up.

Return to Orlando Magic