ImageImageImageImage

Third ballots: Howard maintains All-Star vote lead

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Third ballots: Howard maintains All-Star vote lead 

Post#1 » by drsd » Thu Jan 1, 2009 8:40 pm

Orlando's Dwight Howard, the defending Sprite Slam Dunk champion, remains as the overall leader with 1,709,088 votes following the third returns of 2009 NBA All-Star Balloting presented by T-Mobile.

NBA.com: Link
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Re: Third ballots: Howard maintains All-Star vote lead 

Post#2 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 9:34 pm

and what is really funny, Yi Jianlian is 3rd in forward votes..if in some surprising way he makes it, i think that would be awful...

glad to see howard is still in the lead...
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#3 » by TheGlyde » Thu Jan 1, 2009 10:52 pm

I think it might actually be good if Yi make it... then the NBA might recognise the way their voting system works is a joke... not that I have a great solution to it mind you...

Maybe they should rank the players based on votes per continent...

Eg:
Asia
Forwards
1. Yi (most votes)
2. Lebron (2nd most)
3. KG (3rd most)

North America:
1. Lebron
2. KG
---
17. Yi

Europe
1. Lebron
2. KG
---
17. Yi

and so on... maybe weight North America double as its where the NBA is after all... add up the rankings and then players who are popular world wide, rather than just in one very populated area, will start...

On another note... disappointing to see Jameer drop further down the guards list after POTW honours and some very good games... and Rashard Lewis is nowhere to be seen among forwards despite having a much better season than Hedo... do people just vote on auto-pilot?
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
magickingdom
Rookie
And1: 84

Vote Yi 

Post#4 » by magickingdom » Thu Jan 1, 2009 10:53 pm

So its being said that Yi is closing in on KG in all star voting. Lets all vote for Yi, so KG is not the starter. That would be funny.
"Welcome to the MAGIC's KINGDOM !"
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#5 » by magicman123 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 11:06 pm

dwight will obviously be in the ASG, but rashard should as well
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#6 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Jan 2, 2009 1:02 am

They should just have the NBA coaches vote amongst themselves. That way players that aren't necessarily mainstream popular will get in if they deserve it.

And I don't think any team should have more than 2 all-stars in one year. This is to prevent another Detroit Pistons debacle (when Sheed made it in over Dwight despite averaging 13/7).
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#7 » by Orium » Fri Jan 2, 2009 3:23 am

It would be pretty comical if Yi took Garnett's spot.. just because I hate what KG has become.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#8 » by glennathan » Fri Jan 2, 2009 5:32 am

Orium wrote:It would be pretty comical if Yi took Garnett's spot.. just because I hate what KG has become.

agreed. I am honestly surprised Yi does not have more votes then LeBron at this point but how great would it be to see Yi beat out KG from the all-star game. On a side note does anyone notice how the other parts of the "Big 3" are not even mentioned either? Where is Ray Allen in all of this or Paul Pierce for thaty matter?
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#9 » by NEM » Fri Jan 2, 2009 5:58 am

if yi makes it, i refuse to watch the game itself... that would be the biggest joke ever... stern needs to realize that yes, it's important to involve fans, but the league has to have control over it... i say do the following:

let the fans choose the slam dunk competitors (the competitors can decline, in which case the next highest vote getter would take their spot), do the same for the 3 point shootout, but for the all star game, have the coaches vote for the players (they cant vote for their own)

this way, the fans get who they want in the dunk contest for the most part as well as the three point shootout, and the allstar teams are pretty accurate

also have the coaches who were in the finals last year coach the teams
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#10 » by glennathan » Fri Jan 2, 2009 3:54 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:if yi makes it, i refuse to watch the game itself... that would be the biggest joke ever... stern needs to realize that yes, it's important to involve fans, but the league has to have control over it... i say do the following:

let the fans choose the slam dunk competitors (the competitors can decline, in which case the next highest vote getter would take their spot), do the same for the 3 point shootout, but for the all star game, have the coaches vote for the players (they cant vote for their own)

this way, the fans get who they want in the dunk contest for the most part as well as the three point shootout, and the allstar teams are pretty accurate

also have the coaches who were in the finals last year coach the teams

I like what you have said here. I agree to have the fans select the Slam dunk competitors and let the coaches pick the all-star game. As far as the 3 pt. shootout I am not sure if it is done this way already but it should be the 6 players who have the highest amount of 3's made up to that point. Also the fans should pick the skills challenge as well. Yi would be a joke for the lineup and the east would get pwned. However, KG I think needs to sit this one out and benched for this one.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?

Return to Orlando Magic