ImageImageImageImage

turk idea

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

joshman
Banned User
And1: 0

turk idea 

Post#1 » by joshman » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:40 am

i just have these feelings that say that turk will be gone by the deadline so here is a trade idea

we send
turkoglu
battie
redick
cash

to sacramento kings for
brad miller
donte greene
1st round pick 2010

why for orlando
it will move lewis back to the sf position. we get a 1st in next years draft from them which will prob be high pick. can move lewis back to the pf position to give miller rest and gives greene more pt.

why for sacramento.
they get rid of miller who says that he hates losing and whats to be part of a winning team. the get 10 million in cash plus more cash that we give them with battie and turk expiring and they get redick to develop in there system.

line ups
pg- nelson, aj, lee
sg-peitrus, bogans, lee
sf-lewis,greene,peitrus
pf-miller,lewis,cook
c-howard,gortat,foyle
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Re: turk idea 

Post#2 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:48 am

Dude, no.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#3 » by fendilim » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:31 am

Lol. IIRC, this is similar to the rumored offer of the Kings to the Magic for TUrk, last year
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#4 » by MagicMadness » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:37 am

On another subject, Lewis sure has been thriving at the PF position. Maybe playing there isn't as big of a concern as some of us originally thought.

As for Hedo, if he continues playing at this "inbetween" level, and still demands a big contract after the season...I say let him walk. We'll see what happens, though. It's basically his shot not falling. He's only averaging about 2 points less a game, but is shooting less than 40% (which is pretty absurd).
h0rdes
Sophomore

Post#5 » by h0rdes » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:47 am

Lewis at PF creates so many match-up problems on opposing teams. I'm against trading Turk this season. But it'll be a different story if we have Grant Hill (or any SF who has great ball-handling skills) in the roster.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#6 » by glennathan » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:54 am

I do not like the trade for the Magic. If we are going to go after a big to bring in here for Turk I say you talk to the Clippers for Kaman or talk to the Trailblazers to see if we could somehow land Lamarcus Aldridge. If Brad Miller wants to go to a "winning" team he can go to the spurs or detroit but just not here.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#7 » by drsd » Sat Jan 3, 2009 9:03 am

The Magic would not want a first in next year's very weak draft. Sacramento would not offer enough in your trade idea.

Plus, as long as the Magic keep winning, there will not be a trade.
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Dome » Sat Jan 3, 2009 10:19 am

:nonono:

(I have no words for this one..)
lapassione
Rookie

Post#9 » by lapassione » Sat Jan 3, 2009 12:54 pm

no
cmor42180
Senior
And1: 7

Post#10 » by cmor42180 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 1:32 pm

were you on something when you decided to come up with this idea????

this is pointless and why mess with something thats working?
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#11 » by trebone » Sat Jan 3, 2009 3:18 pm

I actually like this idea not sure why though? When we get to the playoffs I think this will greatly improve our chances against the celtics, pistons, and cavs. I mean does anyone really think shard can guard KG, varajeao, sheed in a 7 game series and us actually win? Yes we beat the raptors but bosh is a finesse player who shard matches up very well with. I just feel Miller will bring a tenacious attitude and some fire to the team ala rasheed for the pistons when they won it all.

I know Hedo does alot for us but we will prob lose him after this season and at this point I think he is shooting the ball way to much and his ill advised shots are costing us to many possesions and opportunities to make easy baskets.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#12 » by craig01 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 3:32 pm

Hedo is going nowhere.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#13 » by EasternMagic » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:30 pm

this is ugly
joshman
Banned User

Post#14 » by joshman » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:41 pm

turk sucksssssssssss
SpaceCoastGator
Junior

Post#15 » by SpaceCoastGator » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:42 pm

i hate that trade.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#16 » by UCFJayBird » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:46 pm

i don't think Hedo is going anywhere, if anything the Magic will let him walk at the end of the year, but I actually don't see Hedo getting that huge contract offer anymore. His stats are down and he's just not having as good a year as last year. I think he'll get a Jameer sized contract. And who knows, maybe he won't opt out cause he's having a down year (doubtful but whatever).

And I don't think Otis has any plans on trading anyone in the top 8 of the rotation, when you've got the 4th best record, you don't trade a key component of the team.
dariusl7
Senior
And1: 1

Post#17 » by dariusl7 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 5:21 pm

I love Hedo and wish he would stay here in Orlando but an idea of loosing him for nothing is just not a pleasant one. If Sactown realy wants him:

Hedo & Vazquez for Salmons & Thompson

or a deal with GS:

Hedo, Bogans, Vazquez for Jackson, Randolph

If Otis is confident we will be able to resign Hedo then let's just enjoy the ride.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#18 » by trebone » Sat Jan 3, 2009 5:37 pm

Well Big Z is now hurt for the Cavs and I am sure they will offer up wallys expiring for him and come playoff time we will not be able to match them in the frontcourt and everyone here will be pissed off that we didnt go after a legit big man to play with howard in the playoffs. Oh Well we will just start more hate Otis threads and whine like babies!
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#19 » by spinedoc » Sat Jan 3, 2009 5:40 pm

MagicMadness wrote:On another subject, Lewis sure has been thriving at the PF position. Maybe playing there isn't as big of a concern as some of us originally thought.

As for Hedo, if he continues playing at this "inbetween" level, and still demands a big contract after the season...I say let him walk. We'll see what happens, though. It's basically his shot not falling. He's only averaging about 2 points less a game, but is shooting less than 40% (which is pretty absurd).

He has been thriving, and he's a mismatch for guys there, but he also is at the 3 spot. I know I probably harp on this one too much, but we don't necessarily need four guys beyond the arc to spread the defense for Dwight. A skilled pf, who can rebound well, would gobble up tons of stats playing next to Howard. Instead, our pf is leading the league in three point attempts. I'm just saying there are other ways. We have the terrific problem of Turk being too good to come off the bench, while not having that pf yet. I'm cool with that while we are winning, but I have serious doubts about the end result. I think we work Howard too much, and he needs help. Not in spreading the defense, but handling the muscle down low. :D
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#20 » by spinedoc » Sat Jan 3, 2009 6:00 pm

Oh, and as far as the trade goes, that's too much from our side. I'd love to have Brad on the team, but his health questions lower his value. There could be a package that makes sense, but the Maloofs were trying to steal Hedo before, doubtful we end up as trading partners.

Return to Orlando Magic