ImageImageImageImage

main reason boston won't repeat

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

main reason boston won't repeat 

Post#1 » by NEM » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:25 pm

this is sad for celts fans:

chakdaddy wrote:I've always been a big Scal hater, but...

Am I the only one who thinks that he's been the only pleasant surprise on our bench this year? I'd sure rather see him taking a 3 than big baby taking a jumper. He seems like one of our better reserves this year...if not the best.

there is something not right when people actually consider scalabrine a good player, key reserve, and whatever else he may be to them
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Re: main reason boston won't repeat 

Post#2 » by DHoward4Mvp » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Whats funny is that Celtic fans were actually trying to downplay losing Posey and PJ Brown. Either they were just lying to themselves orrrrr they were afraid of admitting that damn this is actually huge.

There bench is very streaky. No defensive minded players. Outside of Powe.

Im guessing they will get Shawn Bradley or someone like that to come out of retirement to come chase a ring. Hell whats Karl Malones number??
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#3 » by glennathan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:38 pm

DHoward4Mvp wrote:Whats funny is that Celtic fans were actually trying to downplay losing Posey and PJ Brown. Either they were just lying to themselves orrrrr they were afraid of admitting that damn this is actually huge.

Im guessing they will get Shawn Bradley or someone like that to come out of retirement to come chase a ring. Hell whats Karl Malones number??

You cannot forget about Manute Bol or the one and only Charles Barkley
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
NEM
RealGM

Post#4 » by NEM » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

what if MJ wants another ring???

DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#5 » by DHoward4Mvp » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

glennathan wrote:
DHoward4Mvp wrote:Whats funny is that Celtic fans were actually trying to downplay losing Posey and PJ Brown. Either they were just lying to themselves orrrrr they were afraid of admitting that damn this is actually huge.

You cannot forget about Manute Bol or the one and only Charles Barkley

I was thinking about Barkley, but he might be to drunk to get out on the floor.
Patrick Ewing anyone?
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 am

Is because the Magic will win the title :wink:
Diehardmagicfan
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by Diehardmagicfan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 am

Nemesis21 wrote:Is because the Magic will win the title :wink:

for sure
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,537

Post#8 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:12 am

RawLewD12 wrote:this is sad for celts fans:

Am I the only one who thinks that he's been the only pleasant surprise on our bench this year? I'd sure rather see him taking a 3 than big baby taking a jumper. He seems like one of our better reserves this year...if not the best.

there is something not right when people actually consider scalabrine a good player, key reserve, and whatever else he may be to them

how come you keep tryin to cut Boston down? last week you started a thread where you stated you felt they'd be better if they'd kept all their young players, instead of trading up for HOFers, now you're picking their bench apart?

i'm not sayin you're right or wrong, but why do you keep targeting these guys?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#9 » by craig01 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 am

I would be shocked if Boston stayed as is......they'll do something down the road, whether or not it's enough remains to be seen.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
NEM
RealGM

Post#10 » by NEM » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 am

Bensational wrote:
RawLewD12 wrote:this is sad for celts fans:

how come you keep tryin to cut Boston down? last week you started a thread where you stated you felt they'd be better if they'd kept all their young players, instead of trading up for HOFers, now you're picking their bench apart?

i'm not sayin you're right or wrong, but why do you keep targeting these guys?

because i respect the rules and policies of realgm so i dont troll. instead i let my hatred towards them out on our board. they always talk about cle and bos in the ECF and no one ever mentions ORL, so i can talk about them. its not hurting anyone, just my opinion, and what one of their own fans said

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,537

Post#11 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 am

RawLewD12 wrote:because i respect the rules and policies of realgm so i dont troll. instead i let my hatred towards them out on our board. they always talk about cle and bos in the ECF and no one ever mentions ORL, so i can talk about them. its not hurting anyone, just my opinion, and what one of their own fans said

it comes across a little "rebel without a cause". on one hand you complain that nobody gives Orlando props, then when ESPN announce us as a legit contending force you say you don't want them to? meanwhile you're searching for any reason to shoot down the C's. it's petty when you've got to look for any reason to knock the defending champs off their pedestal, and have to start a new thread every week with a new reason as to why you think they won't repeat and how short their future is.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#12 » by Manny Phresh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:36 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:
because i respect the rules and policies of realgm so i dont troll. instead i let my hatred towards them out on our board. they always talk about cle and bos in the ECF and no one ever mentions ORL, so i can talk about them. its not hurting anyone, just my opinion, and what one of their own fans said

Well if it helps, I think you guys are right there with us (Cleveland) and Boston. The versatility of the Magic is what scares the living hell out of me and after watching you dismantle Atlanta and seeing you beat the Spurs, I say you're right there if you guys play with the same intensity in the playoffs
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#13 » by AgEnT50 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Is because the Magic will win the title :wink:

damn right
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#14 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 am

Keep that thought a secret.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
SweetLewfor3
Sophomore

Post#15 » by SweetLewfor3 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 am

One of my friends is a BOS fan and I told him that you all better sing Posey and give him that fourth year because it is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

He said "No. Screw Posey, Tony Allen is coming back healthy next year and he will take his place."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.................

Return to Orlando Magic