ImageImageImageImage

News from FEB09: Jameer's shoulder injury (Old Thread)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Re: Jameer Nelson dislocates shoulder... Likely out for season 

Post#261 » by Cammo101 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:35 am

As long as putting off surgery does not pose future health concerns, I would like to see Jameer at least attempt to play through it.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#262 » by drsd » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:36 am

As I've said before in this thread, I have played basketball the day after I dislocated my shoulder. What I did not say is that it routinely popped out, come game time, after the first time. I could pop it back in and finish the game. But the next day was a real female-dog of pain.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,187

Post#263 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:39 am

Terrible news. All it took is one night to ruin our potential for a championship season. Just terrible news. Season is not over but any chance to win a title is over unless we pull a Lakers ala Gasol trade last year which probably will not happen. Im bummed, im sad. Soooo much promise gone down the drain in one loose ball.
aka: prorl
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#264 » by iamworthy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:58 am

Very sorry to hear this fellas.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#265 » by magicman123 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:59 am

we will be fine, with this bench i wasn't so optimistic about a championship anyways, if nelson is out the rest of the year it doesn't mean we cant make a run at the ECF...its time for the players to step up and for dwight to put the team on his shoulders and take his game to another level..
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,677

Post#266 » by SOUL » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:01 am

Dwight needs to be Shaquian.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#267 » by MagicMadness » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:23 am

Jameer is upbeat despite the injury. He wants to rehab it and come back this season for the sake of the team. He feels like if he opts for surgery he'll be letting his team down, but whispers tell us that they're not going to let 'Meer make this decision. They're looking at the overall picture (not just this season), thus he's having the surgery within the next couple of weeks.

Hey Deezy, where did this info come from? Sorry if it was already mentioned.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#268 » by old rem » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:34 am

hype_2004 wrote:
Deezy wrote:Terrible news.

Jameer is upbeat despite the injury. He wants to rehab it and come back this season for the sake of the team. He feels like if he opts for surgery he'll be letting his team down, but whispers tell us that they're not going to let 'Meer make this decision. They're looking at the overall picture (not just this season), thus he's having the surgery within the next couple of weeks.

The kid is a warrior. I admire his confidence and willing sacrifice for the betterment of the team. He's a true leader.

Have a speedy recovery, 'Meer. Take your time and get yourself ready for next season. We'll definitely miss your presence on the court. Until then, a Harrah's reunion awaits at home!

He's nor coming back this season in no shape or form on the court, nelson has what you call a Bankart Lesion laberal tear as a result of his dislocated shoulder. It takes a minimum of 6 months before even considering moderate activities involving full shoulder movements, this always require surgery for the athlete without recurrence of a dislocation is extremely high even if the individual is fully healed. I expect Jameer to rehab all throughout training camp for next year and probably be ready for November if surgery is performed within the next couple of weeks, tough luck for Jameer he was having a hell of a season.

Some years ago I had a shoulder injury ..had no medical coverage..had to just let it heal. As you suggest..a shoulder can "heal" and be good for maybe 15 min of shooting jump shots..then that arm is out for awhile. It was about 3 years before I could trust that shoulder to hold up to much of anything. I'd do the surgery. Shoulders don't get "right" very fast at best.

GSW will probably trade Marcus Williams fairly cheap. He's in the doghouse but was a quality college PG. If the Magic's rd 2 was higher-that would work.
CENSORED... No comment.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#269 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:49 am

It's unfortunate to hear about Meer's chances of sittin out the rest of the season after the season he's had to this point. It's time for everyone to step up to the plate to keep this team's momentum going in the right direction. It's also fair to say that the Magic need to consider making a move for a PG who would be the best option to lead the Magic on the floor due to Meer's potential long absence.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#270 » by BROWN » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:51 am

sorry guys about Nelson, I know I was bashing him about making the All star team, but I was watching that Orlando game, and saw how terrible Orlando played without him, he's a big factor and indeed deserved that all star spot.

Hopefully the warriors can send over one of their boat load of guards, possibly Marcus Williams, or maybe even C.J Watson, depending on what the Magic are willing to offer. C.J would be a good replacement, he's a great shooter (well has improved vastly) and is real quick, his decision making sometimes could be bad, but still overall a decent back up point guard, very serviceable, and could be very cheap to get :)
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#271 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:53 am

feels like i'm losing my Quarterback man, its painful, i want Jameer to do was best for him, and if that means shutting it down for the season, then so do it.

As Richie Adubato says: "my little friend" get well.....
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#272 » by EasternMagic » Wed Feb 4, 2009 6:26 am

brownwarriors wrote:sorry guys about Nelson, I know I was bashing him about making the All star team, but I was watching that Orlando game, and saw how terrible Orlando played without him, he's a big factor and indeed deserved that all star spot.

Hopefully the warriors can send over one of their boat load of guards, possibly Marcus Williams, or maybe even C.J Watson, depending on what the Magic are willing to offer. C.J would be a good replacement, he's a great shooter (well has improved vastly) and is real quick, his decision making sometimes could be bad, but still overall a decent back up point guard, very serviceable, and could be very cheap to get :)

OH MY! I completely forgot about the overload of guards you guys have, holy hell if we could make a trade for CJ i would be overjoyed... or even Morrow. we could send you JJ Bogans Cook Gortat or Money... oh i really wishe we could get CJ
I love watching the Warriors even thought they suck this year, and i really think CJ is great, or going to be great.
Oh by the way thanks for the support, it's been cool to see fans from all over come and show support for our team thanks a lot guys
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#273 » by drsd » Wed Feb 4, 2009 10:20 am

"Everybody's body is different," Nelson said before a promotional event at the University of Central Florida. "My body is obviously different than yours. You may take a year, I may take two weeks ...

Sounds ike Nelson is planning on playing through the pain

ESPN Link
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#274 » by J_Magic » Wed Feb 4, 2009 10:26 am

Go Jameer...great positive thinking. C'mon God...get on the boat and help Jameer get healthy asap.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,677

Post#275 » by SOUL » Wed Feb 4, 2009 10:47 am

Lol also if you wanna laugh look at the thread on Detroits forum... I swear these guys are still bitter about him "hurting" Billups in the playoffs..... calling Meer trash and stuff lol, hilarious

*not advocating trolling them
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#276 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:06 pm

Detroit fans are very idiotic.

As for Meer; If he can rehab right now without it affecting his future down the line, I'm all for it. Still, we just need the little guy to FULLY heal.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#277 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:41 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... njury.html

ESPN's Chad Ford: Magic Trade Possibilities After Nelson Injury

1. Tinsley

2. Watson

3. Blake

4. Udrih
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#278 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:43 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... nder-.html

Some Trade Scenarios Magic Can Ponder

In the wake of the injury to point guard Jameer Nelson, the Magic are scouring the league looking to make a deal for a back-up before the Feb. 19 trade deadline.

The club needs another point, considering Nelson's injury history and that back-up Anthony Johnson is 34. No wonder GM Otis Smith says he might have to deal "with next year's problem this year."

It's slim pickings, but here's some trade possibilities:

1. Tyronne Lue

2. Mikes James

3. Keyon Dooling (lol)

4. Sebastian Telfair
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#279 » by Magicalltheway » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:44 pm

This is devastating. So much promise. But I am willing to put the season on hold and make sure J is truly healthy. I trust the team will make the right decision.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#280 » by MoGrAdY » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:52 pm

Telfair actually wouldnt be bad, Id still rather try and get Tinsley on the cheap though. Or maybe CJ Watson or Shaun Livingston. You kinda get the feeling from reading things from Otis an meer that he wants to try an play though. I just dont know if thats a good idea. Maybe we could rest him some games kinda like Shaq does.

Return to Orlando Magic