ImageImageImageImage

Game thread: Magic @ Bobcats

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Game thread: Magic @ Bobcats 

Post#281 » by Hairy Midget » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:41 am

EasternMagic wrote:
thruthefire wrote:Alonzo got his, Dwight has his coming.

Remove the plank from your own eye before you try and remove the speck of dust from your brothers.

On the Bobcats board this guy was wishing Dwight had a Livingston like injury.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 482

Post#282 » by TheChaser » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:44 am

You're not much better than anyone out in this world if you're judging in the first place. I don't believe it's our job to do so.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
KnightChris
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#283 » by KnightChris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:47 am

EasternMagic wrote:

Remove the plank from your own eye before you try and remove the speck of dust from your brothers.

Oh, I thought he was commenting on my post about Dwight routinely dominating Emeka. I thought he meant that Alonzo won some early battles, but 15 years later Shaq is clearly the superior player. Like Emeka could still prove to be better than Dwight... Now that you mention it, it did seem like an odd argument to make to Magic fans (when Shaq played for us). In addition to being an absurd argument on its face of course. :wink:

I didn't read most of the preceeding pages though (and clearly should have).
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#284 » by EasternMagic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:50 am

so does anyone know where i can watch video highlights from the game and hear stans interview
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,587

Post#285 » by SOUL » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:51 am

^^haha
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#286 » by zuppafly » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:53 am

Please, die.

Yeah, now go pray for me.
goflyakite
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#287 » by goflyakite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:53 am

TheChaser wrote:

You're not much better than anyone out in this world if you're judging in the first place. I don't believe it's our job to do so.

Hmmm...Dwight will be twice the player Mourning was, and Okafor will be 1.5 the player Adonal Foyle is. :wink:
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#288 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:54 am

Stop trolling, or else a a warning will be next.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#289 » by EasternMagic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:56 am

EasternMagic wrote:so does anyone know where i can watch video highlights from the game and hear stans interview

sorry that i keep posting this but i really want to see rafer alstons interview
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#290 » by goflyakite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:57 am

Hairy Midget wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:

On the Bobcats board this guy was wishing Dwight had a Livingston like injury.

This individual probably thought that one up when he stepped out of the ol' double wide to smoke his 23rd cig of the game...Though likely some unloved, malodorous sod desperately seeking attention. OF ANY KIND! Sheesh.
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#291 » by goflyakite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 am

I'm just waiting for the injury report. MP? Sure hope not. Rashard with anything keeping him out for any time....HUGE trouble.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#292 » by Shishnizzle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 am

That dumb ass was trying to say that Alonzo was a bad person so God gave him Kidney Disease, and somehow something like that was going to happen to Dwight. At least that was what I was making of his asinine statements. That guys is an extremist for sure. He has major issues.

What else could be meant by Alonzo got his and Dwight will get his as well. How did Alonzo get his. It was Kidney disease and how would he deserve it. Pretty bogus.
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#293 » by goflyakite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:10 am

BigCityCat wrote:That dumb ass was trying to say that Alonzo was a bad person so God gave him Kidney Disease, and somehow something like that was going to happen to Dwight. At least that was what I was making of his asinine statements. That guys is an extremist for sure. He has major issues.

That inbred fool has serious issues. it's not like the Magic/Howard are rivals of Bobs/Okafor anymore than a hammer is to a nail. I usually only get pissed at a team that's competitive with us. Some of those other clowns over there are crying in their moonshine that the refs had it in for their floppers. i'm just not finding that terribly amusing.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#294 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:13 am

TheChaser wrote:I know Rashard went straight to the bench and not the lockeroom, so I'm assuming his injury isn't serious? How bad is MP's situation?

He went to the locker room within the last minute of the game, hopefully it's nothing eye related but I didn't hear anything serious from the radio guys.

Great seeing the Fat Guy in Charlotte.

Well Pietrus officially has a sprained wrist, no clue how long he'll be gone for. That's why he goes to the basket so little of late, he keeps hurting himself. We're up by 20 to when he went up for that take, dumb.

Well Hedo was interviewed by the radio boys after the game and he told the guys that he's been fighting through an elbow injury and stated that he felt good today (and loves Rafer).

SKIP!!! :D Greatest 1 for 9 performance I'll see (Didnt' realize he even took that many shots) for some time). Those 8 assists in 29 minutes are sweet. 32 assists and 4 turnovers in his last 3 games now. :) AJ even looked half decent with fewer minutes.
Skip is going to be saving his tricks for his home debut. Should be wearing #1 by then.

Dwight did his thing even with foul trouble.
Officiating was horrible but we fought through it.

Rashard by far benefited the most with Skip on the court, he's just got to regain his form and he'll be getting in a groove in no time.

The Polish Prince stole the Subway Sub of the Game from Rafer with an awesome 13-minute performance.

40-14 feels good considering you know that the Cavs and Celtics can struggle. Got to get some revenge on Miami on Sunday, may be at that game.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#295 » by Shishnizzle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:14 am

goflyakite wrote:
BigCityCat wrote:That dumb ass was trying to say that Alonzo was a bad person so God gave him Kidney Disease, and somehow something like that was going to happen to Dwight. At least that was what I was making of his asinine statements. That guys is an extremist for sure. He has major issues.

That inbred fool has serious issues. it's not like the Magic/Howard are rivals of Bobs/Okafor anymore than a hammer is to a nail. I usually only get pissed at a team that's competitive with us. Some of those other clowns over there are crying in their moonshine that the refs had it in for their floppers. i'm just not finding that terribly amusing.

Yeh I was surprised that they were so animated against us. I guess the way we have been embarrassing Okafor and their team has been hard to take, but it's not our fault Okafor gets blocked by the rim.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#296 » by EasternMagic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 am

“Everywhere I looked, I had a weapon to pass it to,” Alston said after recording eight assists and helping his new team rout the Charlotte Bobcats 92-80 on Friday night.

“I think point guards in this league would love to be in that situation,” he added. “Everywhere you turn, you’ve got a guy who can flat-out shoot it or can drive it and finish.”

Rafer loves his new home!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt= ... 2009022030
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#297 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:19 am

Damn right he loves it, he couldn't stop smiling all night. :D
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#298 » by TheGlyde » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:27 am

goflyakite wrote:

I know the other guy started it, but you guys should know better... these kind of insults are not acceptable on this board.

Any more back and forth insults by you guys, and any more trolling by thruthefire, and ppl will be looking at taking a break form the board.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#299 » by EasternMagic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:29 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Damn right he loves it, he couldn't stop smiling all night. :D

Does anyone have a link were i can watch his post game interview, or highlights to the game, i know im being severly annoying but i went out tonight thinking Rafer wouldnt play and im pissed i missed it
goflyakite
Sixth Man

Post#300 » by goflyakite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:31 am

^^^^point taken Glyde, but there wasn't much in the way of back and forth. The cretin came and posted something despicable was tagged for what he was, and that was that. No flame throwing. But thanks for letting me know anyway. :-?

Return to Orlando Magic