ImageImageImageImage

Hedo for Smith in the offseason?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Hedo for Smith in the offseason? 

Post#21 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 2:25 am

richboy wrote:I kind of rather have Troy Murphy than Josh Smith. Nothing against Smith but does he really fit our style. While Murphy is pretty much Rashard Lewis but with much better rebounding.

Wow I hope your kidding
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
karizma87
Rookie

Post#22 » by karizma87 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 2:39 am

getting j-smooth would make us much better defensively, but twice as worse offensively
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#23 » by sh00n » Sun Mar 8, 2009 4:07 am

Atlanta would laugh at you guys.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Mannchild
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 272

Post#24 » by Mannchild » Sun Mar 8, 2009 4:12 am

sh00n wrote:Atlanta would laugh at you guys.

Atlanta fans dont seem to really agree with you. They call J. Smith a locker room cancer and are talking in there forums that it looks like they are not going to welcome him back and also are not gonna get good value in exchange for him. Kinda like the Amare/suns situation
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#25 » by ivDT » Sun Mar 8, 2009 5:34 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
ivDT wrote:we'd have to bring in someone to pickup the slack as a secondary playmaker. maybe we can convince the hawks to send us joe johnson as part of the deal?

we'd still have Meer and Skip to My Lou making plays

yeah, but without a secondary playmaker; unless you're planning on playing them both together at the same time.

with hedo gone the game becomes much harder for our PGs and our offense becomes that much easier to stop. bear in mind that this team is like 29th in the league in apg.

you'd be asking a lot of our PGs and guys like lee, pietrus and lewis to fill in the gap, imo.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,637

Post#26 » by SOUL » Sun Mar 8, 2009 5:40 am

I'd prob do it... though Atlanta fans HATE HATE HATE Smoove takin 3's, imagine him here lol..
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#27 » by fendilim » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:04 am

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:lol @ richboy basically saying Troy Murphy is better than Rashard Lewis. Just be quiet, kid.

I'd do Turk for Smith in a hot second. Smith is on a whole 'nother level than Ariza, btw.

That is true, as I said, he is another caliber of player, but the who idea is, IMO, Smith contributes almost what Ariza can bring, but better. But still, both guys don't really have the shooting touch.
Big Aaron
Junior

Post#28 » by Big Aaron » Sun Mar 8, 2009 11:11 am

I'd love for Josh Smith to be in a Magic uniform.

I'm sure Dwight has always wanted to play with J-Smoove since they were drafted and now he can. What better way to keep our franchise player happy and locked down for a long time than trade a player who seems intent on holding the team to ransom for Dwight's good friend. It's also a major bonus that he's one hell of a player too. Dwight and Josh catching lobs from Alston and Nelson, then blocking the crap out of other teams bigs? Yes please.

Also, major lulz @ richboy. Utter 'tard.

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:If Brandon Roy & Richard Hamilton had a baby...and Penny & Spiderman had a baby...and then some how those two babies met in the future and F***ed, that would be Courtney Lee.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#29 » by glennathan » Sun Mar 8, 2009 2:51 pm

ivDT wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
ivDT wrote:we'd have to bring in someone to pickup the slack as a secondary playmaker. maybe we can convince the hawks to send us joe johnson as part of the deal?

we'd still have Meer and Skip to My Lou making plays

yeah, but without a secondary playmaker; unless you're planning on playing them both together at the same time.

with hedo gone the game becomes much harder for our PGs and our offense becomes that much easier to stop. bear in mind that this team is like 29th in the league in apg.

you'd be asking a lot of our PGs and guys like lee, pietrus and lewis to fill in the gap, imo.

Lee can be a playmaker for the second team at least. Also you still have Anthony Johnson as well. As for what SVG said the other day was that he planned on playing Meer and Alston together sometimes next year (kinda like the two PG Cleveland runs this year with West and Williams). Smith would be a nice pickup if it does not cost Anymore then Hedo, Rights to Fran, and maybe a pick of some sorts (Rakovic comes to mind).
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
orl1724
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by orl1724 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 3:05 am

I like the trade. We move Shard to the 3 spot, Smith only has one more year left on his contract (which is a good insurance if he doesn't work out), hes pretty young and could get better, also makes us younger more athletic and better defensively.

For those who oppose the trade because we would lack a playmaker well I think we sometimes overate hedo's contributions when it comes to creating plays he is no Steve Nash hes pretty good offensively but its not like he cant be replaced. Also Nelson's improvement along with the additions of Alston and Lee will minimize the impact of Hedo's departure.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#31 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 3:36 am

crap sorry can't embed more than 3 quotes
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#32 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 3:37 am

I agree with ORl and glenn's above posts
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#33 » by realfung » Mon Mar 9, 2009 6:54 am

Josh Smith can help.
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#34 » by gofret » Mon Mar 9, 2009 10:53 am

After gettin big a$$ contract,smith is playing god awful.He likes to chuck more than anything.IF Svg can utilize his offense around the rim,he could be useful but i dont think so. Hes headcase.
DHoward4Mvp
Starter

Post#35 » by DHoward4Mvp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

gofret wrote:After gettin big a$$ contract,smith is playing god awful.He likes to chuck more than anything.IF Svg can utilize his offense around the rim,he could be useful but i dont think so. Hes headcase.

He doesnt utilize Rashards game around the rim, why the hell would he utilize Smiths...????
Sure i wouldnt be willing to do this, but only because if Hedo leaves i dont want to lose him for nothing... But not a big fan of Smith.... Additude problems... Chucking 3's.... Wears a headband....

Return to Orlando Magic