ImageImageImageImage

OT - Planet Fitness

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

minimoe
Sixth Man
And1: 0

OT - Planet Fitness 

Post#1 » by minimoe » Wed Apr 1, 2009 5:08 pm

They are running there $1 special again and I am thinking about signing up.. Its $1 to sign up then just $10 per month and no commitment.. Has anyone ever used them? What do you think of it?

http://www.planetfitness.com/
There will be life after Dwight.

CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Re: OT - Planet Fitness 

Post#2 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Apr 1, 2009 5:57 pm

it looks too cheapy..i wouldnt unless you had no other otpiosn
Work Hard
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#3 » by magicmamma » Wed Apr 1, 2009 5:58 pm

Yes, I belong. It's a good deal. They do require you to let them bill your credit card every month. I wanted to pay a year in advance but they won't do anything but the credit card. They also don't bother to mention the "annual membership fee" of $29 that they collect in October. It's still cheap.
minimoe
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by minimoe » Wed Apr 1, 2009 6:01 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:it looks too cheapy..i wouldnt unless you had no other otpiosn

im not to concerned about it "looking cheapy" tredmill is a tredmill and wieghts are wieghts. So as long as it all works and only cost $10 you can't beat that. and no commitment so you leave when ever you would like.

Thanks for the heads up on the billing, I figured it was going to be an auto draft payment type thing.

Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#5 » by Orium » Wed Apr 1, 2009 6:02 pm

If you just want somewhere to go and get in shape, it's probably ok. If you plan on getting serious about weight lifting then you're better off somewhere else.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
minimoe
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by minimoe » Wed Apr 1, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks.. Main reason for joining is shedding some pounds. so this should definatly get the job done.. One thing I see that I actually don't like is you sign up for one location and then can only work out there.. For example if I sign up for the orange city one I cant then work out in the Lake mary one for example.. thats kind of stupid and I don't get it

magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by magicfanatic23 » Wed Apr 1, 2009 6:36 pm

Orium wrote:If you just want somewhere to go and get in shape, it's probably ok. If you plan on getting serious about weight lifting then you're better off somewhere else.

+1

This place is average at best.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
Sugar Cane
Senior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Sugar Cane » Wed Apr 1, 2009 10:48 pm

minimoe wrote:Thanks.. Main reason for joining is shedding some pounds. so this should definatly get the job done.. One thing I see that I actually don't like is you sign up for one location and then can only work out there.. For example if I sign up for the orange city one I cant then work out in the Lake mary one for example.. thats kind of stupid and I don't get it

I went to PF for about 6+ months and it was ok to start. If you're referring to the one in the SouthChase plaza, I wouldn't recommend that one at all. I hear other PF's are lighter on the rules. But I only left there because I was more into the the heavy-weight lifting and their dumbells only go up to 60lbs. There's no grunting, no dropping weights, no do-rags, no water bottles on the floor, no cell phones (although they don't belong in the gym anyways), no sweating, no working out...ok I'm just bs'ing about the last two. I moved over to LA Fitness across the street. It costs way more but its worth it. PF is for the beginners that can get by with very little...
I know this response is extensive but I figured it'd be helpful.

twitter.com/ibeiv
B-League Fantasy Draft:

PG. Rajon Rondo/Mike Conley/Patty Mills
SG. Demar Derozan/Brandon Roy/Bradley Beal/Jodie Meeks
SF. Kawhi Leonard/Terrence Jones/Jae Crowder
PF. Tristan Thompson/Jared Sullinger/Tyler Hansbrough
C. JaVale McGee/DeAndre Jordan
Prolific Scorer
Banned User

Post#9 » by Prolific Scorer » Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:29 am

The Planet Fitness in Altamonte is usually packed, and I usually have to wait to get on the equipment I want. It's not a bad place to workout though, if you don't mind it being crowded.

I like hole-in-the-wall gyms, because I can really focus and don't have to be distracted.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#10 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Apr 2, 2009 1:48 pm

magicmamma wrote:Yes, I belong. It's a good deal. They do require you to let them bill your credit card every month. I wanted to pay a year in advance but they won't do anything but the credit card. They also don't bother to mention the "annual membership fee" of $29 that they collect in October. It's still cheap.

I dont know what you guys are talking about. I have been going to PF for 14months now and I absolutely love it. Magicmama, its not true, I have them deduct $10/m out of my checking account and $29 act. fee is the least you pay joining a gym.

I switched from Pro Health in Melbourne. That place was always packed had to wait to use the machines, had to wait to park the car half a mile away. At PF, every cardio machine has its own TV and the dumb bells go as high as 90 pounds I think. I can take my water bottle. true that they dont allow grunting and dropping weights which I think is just tacky anyways. So I feel like Im in my personal gym. It could be much cleaner though thats the only complaint I have. It is not a very clean place.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#11 » by magicmamma » Thu Apr 2, 2009 3:11 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:
magicmamma wrote:Yes, I belong. It's a good deal. They do require you to let them bill your credit card every month. I wanted to pay a year in advance but they won't do anything but the credit card. They also don't bother to mention the "annual membership fee" of $29 that they collect in October. It's still cheap.

I dont know what you guys are talking about. I have been going to PF for 14months now and I absolutely love it. Magicmama, its not true, I have them deduct $10/m out of my checking account and $29 act. fee is the least you pay joining a gym.

They didn't offer anything but the credit card deduction when I joined, but checking wouldn't be any better. I want to pay in advance. I'm a little ticked because I received a notice from them about two months ago that they had been unable to collect my fee that month and so I owed that and a $10 service charge. They insisted on billing the credit card directly, so I think that's between them and the cc company. I didn't do anything wrong and no one else had trouble collecting their bills. So I've ignored it.

Nevertheless, as I said, it's very cheap. Nothing else is close. I go to Oviedo. It's clean and not overcrowded, but if something breaks it stays broken for a long time. I like the fact that it's quiet.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#12 » by christian72589 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:39 am

I beg to differ to those that think it's not a good gym.

I have been going for about 4 years now. It is a tremendous value and they have anything you need to train.

So long as you can push yourself, you will get the results you want/need. I also love the girls that come through there :wink:

and no, i don't work for PF lol.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#13 » by Magicalltheway » Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:04 pm

did I forget to say I dont work for them either? :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic