ImageImageImageImage

Matt Barnes and Theo Ratliff

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: Matt Barnes and Theo Ratliff 

Post#181 » by Neon1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
RawLewD12 wrote:if true, then we are deeeeeeeeeepp...but im not so sure thats a good thing for chemistry. i dont see how barnes would play unless mp takes a major backseat to him. mp plays semi-starter minutes off the bench and is very effective at it

What are you talking about? Pietrus is the back-up shooting guard and Barnes would be the back-up small forward. No one is taking a back seat except Reddick, and I am fine with that...I would rather have taller defensive wing-man such as Pietrus and Barnes. Speaking of chemistry, I think it's beneficial that both Barnes and Pietrus played together in Golden State.

No its more like, what are YOU talking about. If you honestly think Pietrus ONLY backs up the SG spot, then explain how he gets more than 12 minutes a game behind Vince Carter's 36-37 minutes a night?

Yeah its easy to write down on a piece of paper

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

and then say "see everybody fits" without actually assigning the respective minutes to said players. If Barnes comes in either Anderson would have to be benched out of the regular rotation, or Pietrus or Bass would have to take a big cut in minutes to make it work.

Theres only 240 available players minutes per game people.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#182 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm

barnes can play some time at PF
Work Hard
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#183 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:31 pm

I will believe this only when HOBO speaks or MOBO from the OZone. He is the Morpheus.
Super_Mario_3
Senior
And1: 9

Post#184 » by Super_Mario_3 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:40 pm

looks like barnes to orlando wont happen. ric bucher posted in his twitter that barnes is choosing between cleveland and atlanta.
BurningBridges
Suspended
And1: 12

Post#185 » by BurningBridges » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Neon1 wrote:No its more like, what are YOU talking about. If you honestly think Pietrus ONLY backs up the SG spot, then explain how he gets more than 12 minutes a game behind Vince Carter's 36-37 minutes a night?

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

and then say "see everybody fits" without actually assigning the respective minutes to said players. If Barnes comes in either Anderson would have to be benched out of the regular rotation, or Pietrus or Bass would have to take a big cut in minutes to make it work.

Whether or not Barnes plays, it has NO bearing whatsoever on Bass (the starting power forward) and Anderson (the backup power forward) because Barnes IS NOT A POWER FORWARD. Pietrus is a BENCH PLAYER, so it is expected that he should only play 10-12 minutes a game. Besides, Pietrus is so injury-prone that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT THE MAGIC GET BARNES. Barnes would be coming off the bench as well and would not be expected to play more than 12 minutes a game either. Whether or not Barnes comes to Orlando, it is ALREADY UNDERSTOOD THAT "Anderson would have to be benched" because Bass or Rashard Lewis would be using the STARTING power forward positions.

Anyways, this whole discussion might be worthless because Bucher thinks that Barnes is not coming to Orlando.
BurningBridges
Suspended

Post#186 » by BurningBridges » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:04 pm

dwighty111 wrote:looks like barnes to orlando wont happen. ric bucher posted in his twitter that barnes is choosing between cleveland and atlanta.

I just looked on Ric Bucher's twitter page and it SAID NOTHING ABOUT BARNES. http://twitter.com/RicBucheR
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,533

Post#187 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Even if Ric Bucher said it, that guy is the worst insider out.

I never believe what he says.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#188 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:39 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Even if Ric Bucher said it, that guy is the worst insider out.

http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/2348428473

Ric Bucher:

@ClevelandOwnz Those are top two. Heard Dal and Hou also called. Cle is not in mix. KG is calling, but Sheed won't do Boston.

12:15 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to ClevelandOwnz

:nonono:
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#189 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:40 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
dwighty111 wrote:looks like barnes to orlando wont happen. ric bucher posted in his twitter that barnes is choosing between cleveland and atlanta.

I just looked on Ric Bucher's twitter page and it SAID NOTHING ABOUT BARNES. http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=928234

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#190 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:43 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:Even if Ric Bucher said it, that guy is the worst insider out.

http://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/2348428473

Ric Bucher:

@ClevelandOwnz Those are top two. Heard Dal and Hou also called. Cle is not in mix. KG is calling, but Sheed won't do Boston.

12:15 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to ClevelandOwnz

:nonono:

He also said when Ron Artest signed with Lakers, that it was false. :roll:
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#191 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:45 pm

^^ huh?

I was agreeing with you saying Bucher gets a lot of stuff wrong.

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#192 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:47 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:^^ huh?

I was agreeing with you saying Bucher gets a lot of stuff wrong.

I know you were. I was saying another thing Bucher got wrong. Sorry if I made it confusing. :D
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
magicfan4life05
RealGM

Post#193 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 pm

^^ haha my bad my bad...

also we can't forget bucher's most famous one:

"kobe will never wear a lakers jersey again"

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#194 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:^^ haha my bad my bad...

also we can't forget bucher's most famous one:

"kobe will never wear a lakers jersey again"

:lol:
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach

Post#195 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

My colleague Josh Robbins got in touch with Matt Barnes' agent Aaron Goodwin, who also represents Dwight Howard, just now.

When asked if there's a contract offer on the table, Goodwin said he doesn't discuss contracts in the media. He did say other teams have shown interest in Barnes and this about the Magic:

“The interest is definitely mutual. Matt obviously likes the Magic and likes what’s going on there. But the conversations haven’t gotten to the point where anything’s imminent.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... inent.html
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,301

Post#196 » by eyriq » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Actually my logic was faulty. If we get Barnes it doesn't increase the likelihood that Lewis moves to the 3, I'd actually imagine it decreases it as we'd have more depth on the wings.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#197 » by Neon1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
Neon1 wrote:No its more like, what are YOU talking about. If you honestly think Pietrus ONLY backs up the SG spot, then explain how he gets more than 12 minutes a game behind Vince Carter's 36-37 minutes a night?

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

Whether or not Barnes plays, it has NO bearing whatsoever on Bass (the starting power forward) and Anderson (the backup power forward) because Barnes IS NOT A POWER FORWARD. Pietrus is a BENCH PLAYER, so it is expected that he should only play 10-12 minutes a game. Besides, Pietrus is so injury-prone that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT THE MAGIC GET BARNES. Barnes would be coming off the bench as well and would not be expected to play more than 12 minutes a game either. Whether or not Barnes comes to Orlando, it is ALREADY UNDERSTOOD THAT "Anderson would have to be benched" because Bass or Rashard Lewis would be using the STARTING power forward positions.

Anyways, this whole discussion might be worthless because Bucher thinks that Barnes is not coming to Orlando.

Your very wrong if you think Pietrus (and his 5.5m+ contract) is playing 10-12 mins a game. Same goes for Bass, who if Shard (36+mpg) stays at PF would be a "bench player" too.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

BurningBridges
Suspended

Post#198 » by BurningBridges » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Neon1 wrote:
BurningBridges wrote:

Nelson/Johnson
Carter/Pietrus
Shard/Barnes
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Gortat

Your very wrong if you think Pietrus (and his 5.5m+ contract) is playing 10-12 mins a game. Same goes for Bass, who if Shard (36+mpg) stays at PF would be a "bench player" too.

I don't see Rashard starting at the Power Forward position except against teams with smaller lineups. For the most part, Rashard will be the SF while Bass starts at the PF spot.

Can you at least agree with me though that the Magic need another reliable defensive-minded 3 point shooting wing-man (like Barnes) given how ridiculously injury-prone Pietrus and Carter can be? If Pietrus wants to play more than 15 minutes a game then fine. But what happens if he sprains his wrist for the 20th time and if VC gets a flat tire? Then what? You tell me. You want Reddick to start?! :lol: Barnes will not be making nearly as much money as Pietrus so I don't see a problem with him sitting on the bench extensively when Pietrus and VC are simultaneously healthy.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#199 » by Neon1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:04 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
Neon1 wrote:
BurningBridges wrote:Whether or not Barnes plays, it has NO bearing whatsoever on Bass (the starting power forward) and Anderson (the backup power forward) because Barnes IS NOT A POWER FORWARD. Pietrus is a BENCH PLAYER, so it is expected that he should only play 10-12 minutes a game. Besides, Pietrus is so injury-prone that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE THAT THE MAGIC GET BARNES. Barnes would be coming off the bench as well and would not be expected to play more than 12 minutes a game either. Whether or not Barnes comes to Orlando, it is ALREADY UNDERSTOOD THAT "Anderson would have to be benched" because Bass or Rashard Lewis would be using the STARTING power forward positions.

I do agree that we need another wing. Im more opposed to the particular players people are targeting to be this (incase of injury type guy). Matt Barnes/Von Wafer..etc are not at the point in thier careers to where there are ok withjust chilling on the bench without a solid role + minutes.

Players that are willing to do this (and not become distractions) are guys that are either (a) in the beginning stages of thier careers and havent made a name for them seves yet or (b) at the end of thier careers and are just willing to hang around, be good lockeroom guys and be ready in case of thier names being called.

Barnes and Wafer will be issues if they dont have thier minutes.

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#200 » by NEM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:06 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
I don't see Rashard starting at the Power Forward position except against teams with smaller lineups. For the most part, Rashard will be the SF while Bass starts at the PF spot.

Can you at least agree with me though that the Magic need another reliable defensive-minded 3 point shooting wing-man (like Barnes) given how ridiculously injury-prone Pietrus and Carter can be? If Pietrus wants to play more than 15 minutes a game then fine. But what happens if he sprains his wrist for the 20th time and if VC gets a flat tire? Then what? You tell me. You want Reddick to start?! :lol: Barnes will not be making nearly as much money as Pietrus so I don't see a problem with him sitting on the bench extensively when Pietrus and VC are simultaneously healthy.

this proves you have no clue what you are talking about. carter is NOT injury prone. the guy has missed a total 25 games over the last 6 seasons... lol so he is playing about 78 games a year since his last injury riddled season... by your logic then dwight is injury prone as well, and dont even get me started on jameer. if vince has to miss a game here and there, im content with jj starting, he did it last season and was damn effective. people tend to forget that without him, im not sure we win the celtics series. he did a great job of sticking to ray allen. we dont need matt barnes. would it hurt? probably not, but he wont come here to play 10 mpg...also if you think stan will play mp 12 mpg, you're insane
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.

Return to Orlando Magic