ImageImageImageImage

Bogans or Barnes

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Re: Bogans or Barnes 

Post#61 » by Devin 1L » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Bogans and Stan had a falling out, and there was an actual physical altercation. That is why he was traded for Lue.

Wait, what? I don't recall hearing anything about this.

I thought he was traded because we had like ten shooting guards but Jameer got injured, and the Bucks had like ten point guards but Redd got injured.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#62 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 pm

I'd much rather just have Powell and J-Rich than Kebo.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#63 » by TheRevTy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Well, that played a part, but there was an incident at the end of a game where Bogans had to be restrained in the tunnel. I don't recall if he was going after a fan or Van Gundy, but when he was traded, Denton said bad blood played a part.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by Devin 1L » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:04 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Well, that played a part, but there was an incident at the end of a game where Bogans had to be restrained in the tunnel. I don't recall if he was going after a fan or Van Gundy, but when he was traded, Denton said bad blood played a part.

Huh. News to me. Well, maybe it wouldn't be as good of an idea as I thought.

Unlike most, I actually like Bogans, but if there is a potential risk of chemistry, then he's absolutely not worth it.
BurningBridges
Suspended
And1: 12

Post#65 » by BurningBridges » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:07 pm

From the EBsports Magic forum, there is a rumor that the Magic may have just landed Barnes. Here is the link: http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/showthread.php?s=28a6e7583626fc511ca672509bc8b7ba&t=71914

Furthermore, Steve Kyler has reported that the Magic have already made an offer to Barnes in his chat yesterday.

Will in Orlando:
What's next for Orlando,can they get Barnes or Gooden with the rest of the MLE?
Steve Kyler:
They have been after Matt Barnes... I think he's gotten an offer from Otis, not sure they are ready to accept it... Aaron Goodwin met with Otis in Orlando last week so of the two Barnes seems to be the guy the Magic want.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=379
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,533

Post#66 » by DiplomaticMagic » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 pm

Interesting.

I can't believe all the ppl on this board that like Bogans though.

Are you nuts??
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Devin 1L » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm

BurningBridges wrote:From the EBsports Magic forum, there is a rumor that the Magic may have just landed Barnes. Here is the link: http://www.ebsports.net/bbs/showthread.php?s=28a6e7583626fc511ca672509bc8b7ba&t=71914

Furthermore, Steve Kyler has reported that the Magic have already made an offer to Barnes in his chat yesterday.

Will in Orlando:
What's next for Orlando,can they get Barnes or Gooden with the rest of the MLE?
Steve Kyler:
They have been after Matt Barnes... I think he's gotten an offer from Otis, not sure they are ready to accept it... Aaron Goodwin met with Otis in Orlando last week so of the two Barnes seems to be the guy the Magic want.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=379

He may very well be right, but he's wrong so much more often than he is right, that I can never take anything from him worth a damn. He just seems to be one of those "throw as much as I can against the wall" guys that I can never give any credence to it. Further, pretty much any time he is right on something "breaking", someone else has already reported it.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#68 » by damo[23] » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Barnes would be great, and our rotation in the back court would be solid, even though it would be AJ as the main back up, with that trade exception we have the "tools" to get something mid season should we need to (again).

If it came to someone like Bogans, as a 3rd/4th stringer behind Carter/Pietrus/Redick depending on what way the wind blows for the rotation that game, its not the worst in the world.

Bogans was by no means great here, and while I never liked having him as a starter (its Bogans ..) I wasnt against him as a player on the squad, he didnt have delusions of grandeur, and we had no illusions about him, an average shooting guard that tried hard. Worse things could happen, and I'd rather go into the season with someone like him than go in with a summer league level player or no player at all.

That said, if we can grab Barnes, then happy days.
ORLd12
Senior

Post#69 » by ORLd12 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Um, there is nothing new on that link. If I'm reading it right, some guy makes a claim even he himself calls "unsubstantiated". Shoot, I got my hopes up.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#70 » by dsg2021 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:42 am

What's the latest :gossip: with Matt Barnes?

Come to the evil side Barnes!!
:starwars
BurningBridges
Suspended

Post#71 » by BurningBridges » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 am

dsg2021 wrote:What's the latest :gossip: with Matt Barnes?

I don't know what has happened to Barnes. It's like he has disappeared. I think people on this board also don't care that much about getting Barnes now that Gortat is being retained. Although I still think the Magic need a wing-man like Barnes, given how injury-prone Pietrus and Carter can be. We still don't have a team that can win a championship without a back-up wingman like Barnes and reliable 3rd string point guard.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#72 » by dsg2021 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 am

BurningBridges wrote:

I don't know what has happened to Barnes. It's like he has disappeared. I think people on this board also don't care that much about getting Barnes now that Gortat is being retained. Although I still think the Magic need a wing-man like Barnes, given how injury-prone Pietrus and Carter can be. We still don't have a team that can win a championship without a back-up wingman like Barnes and reliable 3rd string point guard.

Completely agree
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,743

Post#73 » by Qwigglez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 am

BurningBridges wrote:

Suns fan here.
I think Barnes would fit in perfectly with the Magic roster. He would be a nice addition, can hit the three, play defense, rebound, etc. I don't know why the Suns didn't resign him.
As the Magic are my second favorite team in the NBA, I hope they land Barnes over the Cavs...
BurningBridges
Suspended

Post#74 » by BurningBridges » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 am

Here is an update about Matt Barnes (repeats what I have relayed :roll: ) titled "Magic Close With Matt Barnes? What’s Next?" as of July 15.
http://howardthedunk.com/2009/07/15/magic-close-with-matt-barnes-whats-next/
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,189

Post#75 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:39 pm

So how come we never heard of this altercation that Bogans had with SVG?

Back to Barnes, if this is true, if he does indeed sign with us it would absolutely terrific. To get a bench player with that versatility would be fantastic. Go after it Otis!!!!
aka: prorl
MigB
Freshman

Post#76 » by MigB » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:30 am

Bogans
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#77 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:44 am

with all respect to barnes, where's the neither option? Barnes only makes sense if you're assuming a pietrus injury. Not enough PT to go around. Good player, but he'd sign a 1 yr deal hoping to cash in next year, so he would be unhappy with lack of PT.

I don't mind AJ but I would rather have a better backup pg at this point as my top priority. Then a wing, then a third string center.
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "

Return to Orlando Magic