ImageImageImageImage

AJ trash-talks the Cavs

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Re: AJ trash-talks the Cavs 

Post#21 » by NEM » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 am

Soul wrote:Image

/thread
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,739

Post#22 » by DowJones » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:45 am

No, he won't make "the" difference. Don't forget that you are talking about different teams. 60% of your starting lineup from last year's team is now gone. I have no idea how this Cleveland team will really matchup in a 7 game series against this Orlando team.

But I do think that Cleveland matches up far better against Orlando this year. I don't see Nelson abusing West. West is a very tough and gritty defender. He did a great job last year against elite SG's. He really did a good job on Joe Johnson and Rip Hamilton and he held his own against Hedo despite Hedo's 7 inches of height advantage. I also think Parker can certainly hang with Carter. Parker is still a solid defender.
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#23 » by kookie_819 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:47 am

DowJones wrote:No, he won't make "the" difference. Don't forget that you are talking about different teams. 60% of your starting lineup from last year's team is now gone. I have no idea how this Cleveland team will really matchup in a 7 game series against this Orlando team.

But I do think that Cleveland matches up far better against Orlando this year. I don't see Nelson abusing West. West is a very tough and gritty defender. He did a great job last year against elite SG's. He really did a good job on Joe Johnson and Rip Hamilton and he held his own against Hedo despite Hedo's 7 inches of height advantage. I also think Parker can certainly hang with Carter. Parker is still a solid defender.

Well...
DowJones
RealGM

Post#24 » by DowJones » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:50 am

MagicFan32 wrote:I have to wonder what's in the water in cavland.

Parker can guard Vince, since when?

nevermind the fact we'll have Jameer who owned Mo Williams last year.

We'll beat Cleveland the same way we did before, an up tempo style which Shaq absolutely sucks in.

I think Parker can certainly hang with VC. I am not saying he will shut him down, but Carter on Parker is not a mismatch for Cleveland like Hedo on West was.

Jameer may have owned Mo, but part of the benefit of adding Parker is that it frees Delonte up to guard PG's. So down the stretch you will probably see these 2 lineups going at each other...

PG: Jameer Nelson vs Delonte West
SG: Michael Pietrus vs Mo Williams
SF: Vince Carter vs Anthony Parker
PF: Rashard Lewis vs LeBron James
C: Dwight Howard vs Shaq O'Neal

I think those matchups for Cleveland are far more favorable than the ones last year.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#25 » by MagicFan32 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:51 am

and let's not forget, the Magic have a TPE to use to shore up any holes lets not forget that!

Cleveland still does not match up with either us, or Boston.

it's funny how 60 percent of our starting lineup is gone, let's analyze.

Rafer for Jameer, massive upgrade no streaky shooting, no stupid decision making.
Turkoglu for Carter, again massive upgrade, go ahead and read through our forum during the season most of us were pissed at hedo for his selfish play all year.

that leaves one other slot, but you know what our bench is going to be rock solid, Bass, Gortat Anderson, Pietrus, and possibly CJ Watson, pretty damn good.

the cavs are older again this is a fact they needed to get more athletic, and have not.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#26 » by MagicFan32 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 am

DowJones wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:I have to wonder what's in the water in cavland.

Parker can guard Vince, since when?

nevermind the fact we'll have Jameer who owned Mo Williams last year.

We'll beat Cleveland the same way we did before, an up tempo style which Shaq absolutely sucks in.

I think Parker can certainly hang with VC. I am not saying he will shut him down, but Carter on Parker is not a mismatch for Cleveland like Hedo on West was.

Jameer may have owned Mo, but part of the benefit of adding Parker is that it frees Delonte up to guard PG's. So down the stretch you will probably see these 2 lineups going at each other...

PG: Jameer Nelson vs Delonte West
SG: Michael Pietrus vs Mo Williams
SF: Vince Carter vs Anthony Parker
PF: Rashard Lewis vs LeBron James
C: Dwight Howard vs Shaq O'Neal

I think those matchups for Cleveland are far more favorable than the ones last year.

and the magic will just pick and roll with Jameer/Vince and Dwight/Lew which the cavs cannot stop
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#27 » by DowJones » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:12 am

Well you have to remember that Cleveland was a very good pick and roll team last year. Cleveland does a hard hedge on the pick and roll. What that means is that they throw their bigs out and hedge hard against the ball-handler. Most of the time it is very effective because the opposing PG struggles to see over our bigs. But Hedo, at 6-10, was excellent at seeing over our bigs and he typically made the correct read. It will be interesting to see how Nelson and Vince do against Cleveland's hard hedging.

I am just glad to know that during crunch-time there won't be the same matchup advantages as there were last year. No more watching Andy run around trying to guard Lewis and no more West trying to guard a 6-10 Turkoglu.

BTW, Cleveland matches up great against Boston. They damn near beat a healthier/younger Boston team in a best of 7 2 years ago...and that was before the Cavs added Mo, Shaq, and Parker.

I would love to see a rematch in the ECF. Last year's ECF were outstanding. Almost every game came down to the wire and 3 of the 6 games weren't decided until the very last shot either rimmed in or out. It was a VERY fun series to watch.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#28 » by Mad Balla 15 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:29 am

Anthony Parker isn't going to do anything against Vince. He played good D on him when he first came to the Raptors in 2007 (even though Vince still light him up in the playoffs a bit) but his defense has gone down the drain since then. Last year Vince averaged 28 PPG against Parker. Add to the fact that now Vince will be 100% motivated and playing with a much better team and Parker stands no chance.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#29 » by DowJones » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:40 am

It's not going to be a 1 on 1 battle between Carter and Parker. If it is then Cleveland already won as that takes Orlando away from what they normally do. But Parker will be able to guard Carter without having to rely on constant double-teaming.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Post#30 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 am

DowJones wrote:Well you have to remember that Cleveland was a very good pick and roll team last year. Cleveland does a hard hedge on the pick and roll. What that means is that they throw their bigs out and hedge hard against the ball-handler. Most of the time it is very effective because the opposing PG struggles to see over our bigs. But Hedo, at 6-10, was excellent at seeing over our bigs and he typically made the correct read. It will be interesting to see how Nelson and Vince do against Cleveland's hard hedging.

I am just glad to know that during crunch-time there won't be the same matchup advantages as there were last year. No more watching Andy run around trying to guard Lewis and no more West trying to guard a 6-10 Turkoglu.

BTW, Cleveland matches up great against Boston. They damn near beat a healthier/younger Boston team in a best of 7 2 years ago...and that was before the Cavs added Mo, Shaq, and Parker.

I would love to see a rematch in the ECF. Last year's ECF were outstanding. Almost every game came down to the wire and 3 of the 6 games weren't decided until the very last shot either rimmed in or out. It was a VERY fun series to watch.

You guys are way to happy to see Turk gone. Lew, Anderson, Jameer, VC can all run the p&r. Those are the type of players Otis and SVG like. Turk was just one of many problems Cleveland had with Orlando. The Parker on VC "debate"...Seriously? lol :lol: He'll put up just as good if not better numbers than Turk.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#31 » by NEM » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:33 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
DowJones wrote:Well you have to remember that Cleveland was a very good pick and roll team last year. Cleveland does a hard hedge on the pick and roll. What that means is that they throw their bigs out and hedge hard against the ball-handler. Most of the time it is very effective because the opposing PG struggles to see over our bigs. But Hedo, at 6-10, was excellent at seeing over our bigs and he typically made the correct read. It will be interesting to see how Nelson and Vince do against Cleveland's hard hedging.

You guys are way to happy to see Turk gone. Lew, Anderson, Jameer, VC can all run the p&r. Those are the type of players Otis and SVG like. Turk was just one of many problems Cleveland had with Orlando. The Parker on VC "debate"...Seriously? lol :lol: He'll put up just as good if not better numbers than Turk.

+1
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.

Return to Orlando Magic