ImageImageImage

Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,427

Re: Negadelphian Nancy Thread of Getting the dark thoughts out into the world. 

Post#21 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:20 pm

I honestly feel immune to heartbreak with this team. They lose in tragic fashion to Boston? Who cares it happens all the time. Just another episode of the Sixers soap opera.

Might as well dabble in some foolish optimism in the meantime. It’s way more fun.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#22 » by Murray_17 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:40 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:I honestly feel immune to heartbreak with this team. They lose in tragic fashion to Boston? Who cares it happens all the time. Just another episode of the Sixers soap opera.

Might as well dabble in some foolish optimism in the meantime. It’s way more fun.

This is 100% where i'm.

I'm also pretty sure its the core of being a fan of any middling sport team unless you're fan of an historic team that dominates their respective sport like Real Madrid or something similar
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 809

Post#23 » by zaz102 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:10 pm

Mik317 wrote:Probably not threadworthy but its been rattling in my head for a bit so here goes.

Prenote: I am in a weird headspace atm (not sure why) so this is all extra whiny overthinking at its finest.

I think we are cooked lol.

Been trending that way all year...the Biid injury only made it more obvious. The fluke end of season run doesn't move me either. Team relies heavy on Biid hittng alot of tough middy shots and Maxey going nuclear from deep for us to squeak out wins. Biid is going to be gimpy which makes the mid rangers even harder and Maxey as good as he has been has shown he can be swallowed up by length (pause)...and the playoffs are the best times to force others to beat you and i just feel it in my bones that it will be coming lol.

So here is how it will go...we will either lose to the Heat (and then probably struggle against the Hawks/Bulls because lol) and get obliterated by the Celtics or beat the Heat and go into the Knicks series smelling our own farts and get punched in the mouth ala the Hawks series. It feels like I can already see it lol.

I lowkey kinda wished Biid sat out so I didn't have to be in my feels like this again ha.

This is hopefully where Nurse makes his bread tho...as I don't think there has been as many souless performances this year just normal get a hot shooting night what can you do moments. Team is deeper than past years (although that depth is already on the mend). Maxey is not bitch made like Ben, Harden....and Biid have been in tough moments. So there is that I guess.

But yeah overall I am just not as optimistic as many fans seem to be....and I am suffering because of it.

So yeah I don't believe....time for them to prove my bitch ass wrong.
I think the most logical feeling is that they should have a very good chance against every team but the Celtics. They'll have the best player in every series and all the other teams barely finished above the Sixers who were Embiidless and awful for half the season.

That being said, due to Embiid's injury and his lack of success in the playoffs I don't think the Sixers should be more than marginal favorites in any series.

As long as Embiid is an MVP candidate, I will watch each series with hope. Until he breaks through, I will be cynical.

Besides winning, the second thing I will be watching is how Maxey shows up in the playoffs. Will he be one of those guys that shines or flames out?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,530

Post#24 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:18 pm

We complain as Sixers fans...But imagine being a Charlotte Hornets fan! Or a Wizards fan. I mean...Those are perennial loser franchises that lose 55+ games every season regardless of how many top draft picks they have! Even when those teams do make the playoffs, they get swept in the first round or they get smoked in the play-in. We at least have a chance to beat any team in the league in a seven games series. I'll take that all day. My only downer is Joel never being healthy when we need him the most. The day we get a healthy Embiid for the playoffs is the day this team makes the Finals.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,192

Post#25 » by M2J » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 am

Phila Tough wrote:A positive is Brunson is somewhat of a flopper. so if they're going to swallow their whistle for embiid they better do the same for Brunson flailing everywhere. A negative is how close these cities are and a home game can turn into an away game if our fans don't bring it

Both fan bases are used to getting booed at home
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,592

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:01 am

We can survive anything after Kawhi’s shot and the last two games of last year’s Celtics series.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#27 » by Jhawk03 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 am

Mik317 wrote:
Jhawk03 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:Probably not threadworthy but its been rattling in my head for a bit so here goes.

Prenote: I am in a weird headspace atm (not sure why) so this is all extra whiny overthinking at its finest.

I think we are cooked lol.

Been trending that way all year...the Biid injury only made it more obvious. The fluke end of season run doesn't move me either. Team relies heavy on Biid hittng alot of tough middy shots and Maxey going nuclear from deep for us to squeak out wins. Biid is going to be gimpy which makes the mid rangers even harder and Maxey as good as he has been has shown he can be swallowed up by length (pause)...and the playoffs are the best times to force others to beat you and i just feel it in my bones that it will be coming lol.

So here is how it will go...we will either lose to the Heat (and then probably struggle against the Hawks/Bulls because lol) and get obliterated by the Celtics or beat the Heat and go into the Knicks series smelling our own farts and get punched in the mouth ala the Hawks series. It feels like I can already see it lol.

I lowkey kinda wished Biid sat out so I didn't have to be in my feels like this again ha.

This is hopefully where Nurse makes his bread tho...as I don't think there has been as many souless performances this year just normal get a hot shooting night what can you do moments. Team is deeper than past years (although that depth is already on the mend). Maxey is not bitch made like Ben, Harden....and Biid have been in tough moments. So there is that I guess.

But yeah overall I am just not as optimistic as many fans seem to be....and I am suffering because of it.

So yeah I don't believe....time for them to prove my bitch ass wrong.

Hey Mik, what's the worst case scenario or outcome for you, in your opinion, heading into the playoffs? I mean overall... taking all 20 teams into account. PM me your answer if you don't mind.

Losing to Boston in the first round...moreso if we somehow make a series and then choke it away lol.

I'll say this publicly and keep the other part private.

This game vs the Heat will be the biggest "must win" game of any in the playoffs for the sixers.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 342

Post#28 » by Jhawk03 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:I will say I can see us getting into 2nd round if we can beat the Heat. That being said, that is where it ends for us. We could be facing Pistons in 2nd round and we would still choke lmao
But the most probable outcome is us losing against Heat, winning the other playin game and then get destroyed against Celtics.

Well... yeah... this game vs Heat is definitely a must win.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,865

Post#29 » by Mik317 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm

76ciology wrote:We can survive anything after Kawhi’s shot and the last two games of last year’s Celtics series.

pretty sure I took actual soul damage after the game 6 last year lol.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,500

Post#30 » by elchengue20 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

If we beat the Heat i think we definetively beating this Randle-less Knicks team. They just don't have enough talent to win 4/7 games against us if we have Biid.

With the Bucks sucking and Giannis already hurt we have a pretty good chance of making the ECF if we take that path.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,592

Post#31 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:47 am

Mik317 wrote:
76ciology wrote:We can survive anything after Kawhi’s shot and the last two games of last year’s Celtics series.

pretty sure I took actual soul damage after the game 6 last year lol.

Most franchise would have made a soft reset after 2019 playoffs and a hard reset after 2023 playoffs. I think we did well in both aftermaths.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 658

Post#32 » by HardenToSixers » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:33 pm

I'm super happy we beat the Heat because it would have been kind of embarrassing and we get to watch some great content against the Knicks and hopefully against Doc Rivers Bucks as well.

But if I'm being honest about what the best case scenario is in my mind: we have a grueling matchup against the Knicks. We play the Bucks and barely limp through in a tough 6 or 7 games. Embiid has suffered 2 or 3 new mild injuries at this point and reaggravated his knee. He talks about how he's a warrior fighting through it. We get gentlemen's swept by the Celtics.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers