ImageImageImage

#2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 963

Re: #2 Knicks vs #7 Sixers 

Post#21 » by Tony Franciosa » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:31 pm

Nurse won't be like Doc. Tobi won't sniff the floor if he's getting shelled. I was glad to see him on the bench in crunch time last night. I believe in Nick.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,566

Post#22 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pm

I don't know why so many on the GB are proclaiming the Knicks as overwhelming favorites in this matchup. They don't have Julius Randle and they don't have a ton of depth on that roster. I'm not saying we're a lock to beat them, but I think we can. This goes 7 games I think and I like our chances if Embiid can stay on the floor.

Oh...And mad props to Eyetoma for battling it out over there on GB. Dude is our own version of Kelly Oubre. Total confidence and completely unafraid.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,964

Post#23 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't know why so many on the GB are proclaiming the Knicks as overwhelming favorites in this matchup. They don't have Julius Randle and they don't have a ton of depth on that roster. I'm not saying we're a lock to beat them, but I think we can. This goes 7 games I think and I like our chances if Embiid can stay on the floor.

Oh...And mad props to Eyetoma for battling it out over there on GB. Dude is our own version of Kelly Oubre. Total confidence and completely unafraid.

My question is why you're giving a rat's ass what anyone on the 'GB' thinks or says? And why you (or anyone) would subject themselves to that garbage? To prove exactly what to exactly who?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,056

Post#24 » by Sixerscan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I don't know why so many on the GB are proclaiming the Knicks as overwhelming favorites in this matchup. They don't have Julius Randle and they don't have a ton of depth on that roster. I'm not saying we're a lock to beat them, but I think we can. This goes 7 games I think and I like our chances if Embiid can stay on the floor.

Well for one there are probably more Knicks fans on the website than any other team but the Raptors

The betting lines have been going back and forth between the Sixers being a slight favorite and dead even.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#25 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:31 pm

mjkvol wrote:

My question is why you're giving a rat's ass what anyone on the 'GB' thinks or says? And why you (or anyone) would subject themselves to that garbage? To prove exactly what to exactly who?

Never said I cared what they thought dude. Just amazed at how one sided it was with the idea that NY is just gonna walk through us. Like I said, I like our chances. Philly Vrs Everybody. That's how it's always been.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,909

Post#26 » by kuclas » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

It’s because embiid is hurt. He’s doesn’t look good.

Granted 70-% embiid is still better than all of the top 20 nba players and there is absolutely no replacement for his defensive presence.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#27 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

Sixerscan wrote:

Well for one there are probably more Knicks fans on the website than any other team but the Raptors

The betting lines have been going back and forth between the Sixers being a slight favorite and dead even.

Ah ... That explains it. As far as betting/gambling goes...I know nothing and thankful for that. That's one problem I don't need.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,056

Post#28 » by Sixerscan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

Ah ... That explains it. As far as betting/gambling goes...I know nothing and thankful for that. That's one problem I don't need.

Gotcha, yeah I don’t bet much either, do like looking at the lines though just to know how people are actually thinking instead of just hearing the loudest voices.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,066

Post#29 » by ivysixer2000 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 am

kuclas wrote:

Granted 70-% embiid is still better than all of the top 20 nba players and there is absolutely no replacement for his defensive presence.

I'm still trying to figure out why he doesn't look good all of a sudden, he has looked far better since he's came back and had 4 days off before that Heat game.

What happened? To start this one, he was a step slow both physically and mentally. Did he take some gummies to feel better? I just can't figure it out.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,605

Post#30 » by Iverson Armband » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 am

kuclas wrote:

Wait what?
always a jump shot away.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,900

Post#31 » by Mik317 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
kuclas wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why he doesn't look good all of a sudden, he has looked far better since he's came back and had 4 days off before that Heat game.

What happened? To start this one, he was a step slow both physically and mentally. Did he take some gummies to feel better? I just can't figure it out.

probablyy got hurt again against the Magic
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,642

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am

Regarding Tobi and our rotations, we just adjust on a case to case basis. Batum wont hit 5-6 3s every game, and Tobi also wont struggle every game. Its probably also nice to have Council, if Oubre is struggling. Then hopefully Roco can be available at some point.

If Lowry is struggling, we could insert Dowtin. And hopefully Melton at some point.

Then if Maxey is struggling, we could insert Hield or Payne.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,190

Post#33 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

My bad if this is uncouth, but I'm hoping that before the series vibes are still good on both sides of the coming conflict. Just wanted to say that the 6ers are getting 42%% of the votes in the poll and many of us reasonable Knicks fans are saying we expect a fun, close series, with both teams having reason to like their chances.

We have our more combative members, as it's a huge fanbase, and we're accustomed to being the butt of a lot of jokes on the GB...so many knicks fans come to the GB already swinging. But that doesn't mean we're all that agitated.

Though it doesn't help that so many national media people are using your record with Embiid to hype you as the favorites in this matchup, and not giving the same shine to our record with Anunoby (20-3)...so there's a feeling of disrespect after what this team fought through to secure the 2nd seed.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,195

Post#34 » by M2J » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am

Mik317 wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
kuclas wrote:

probablyy got hurt again against the Magic

I never saw Joel limp once in the game. People say he's hobbling (tv guys). I saw none of it. Now he was gassed as hell throughout the game. He was just starting to get his win back and that's why I wanted him to play in the last game, to keep his wind. He never got it back when he returned, and then he almost took another week off so this was his first game....it was high intensity.... He was gassed. His offensive struggles though I don't think had anything to do with it either. I think that was because he got confused by the zone early on and they also loaded up on him.

He has a big brace (that he should wear on both knees for the rest of his career)... So those above the rim plays are going to be very few and far between. But he had plenty of explosion in terms of some defensive coverage and some of his scoring. I was just watching some pretty excellent explosion in the 3rd when he scored the 45th point. Battled for that big offensive board towards the end, and he's still the most impactful defensive player on the court and had 15 boards..... That's where you see if a guy is injured or not. As long as Philly still runs offense through Joel, and good defenses load up on his touches.... He'll be less efficient than the regular season Joel. Healthy or not. Before he got hurt and he was healthy vs Brooklyn last year, the same thing played out.

As for the Knicks, Joel will make their defense worse than most games if they're not lighting it up from 3. But the rest of the team needs to play much faster after stops and try to get early offense.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,195

Post#35 » by M2J » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am

cgf wrote:

My bad if this is uncouth, but I'm hoping that before the series vibes are still good on both sides of the coming conflict. Just wanted to say that the 6ers are getting 42%% of the votes in the poll and many of us reasonable Knicks fans are saying we expect a fun, close series, with both teams having reason to like their chances.

We have our more combative members, as it's a huge fanbase, and we're accustomed to being the butt of a lot of jokes on the GB...so many knicks fans come to the GB already swinging. But that doesn't mean we're all that agitated.

Though it doesn't help that so many national media people are using your record with Embiid to hype you as the favorites in this matchup, and not giving the same shine to our record with Anunoby (20-3)...so there's a feeling of disrespect after what this team fought through to secure the 2nd seed.

I believe the matchups favor Philly and that's important in a tough series. I think both teams will play tough defense of course, but it would seem to me that even with a compromised Joel (and I think that's overblown, but we'll find out soon enough) Philly can generate offense with Maxey or Joel, to an extent Tobias Oubre and Hield with his motion with other secondary creators in Lowry, Batum, Payne. Knicks seem like they'll be super reliant on Brunson. I do trust Joel if he's playing to make his paint touches less efficient, even if compromised.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,190

Post#36 » by cgf » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 am

M2J wrote:
cgf wrote:

I believe the matchups favor Philly and that's important in a tough series. I think both teams will play tough defense of course, but it would seem to me that even with a compromised Joel (and I think that's overblown, but we'll find out soon enough) Philly can generate offense with Maxey or Joel, to an extent Tobias Oubre and Hield with his motion with other secondary creators in Lowry, Batum, Payne. Knicks seem like they'll be super reliant on Brunson. I do trust Joel if he's playing to make his paint touches less efficient, even if compromised.

I'm very excited to see how things play out.

Robinson & Hartenstein have done pretty well against Joel before in the regular season, he's still going to get his, but they can make him really work for it. So with OG, Hart, & McBride to throw at Maxey, I think our D could really muck things up for you.

Like Joel, I expect Jalen to get his no matter what Nurse throws at him, but if you guys can really make him work for it and we don't win the 2nd-chance & transition battles, things could get very sketchy for our offense too. Especially if our shooters go cold & Josh can't get out on the run.

Feel like the coaching battle, hot shooting, and injuries could also tip this series either way.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
76ciology
RealGM

Post#37 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 am

If a team can’t play double big, they will have a very hard time beating the Sixers. Heat were able to beat us because Tucker was able to defend Embiid like how he defended Jokic, where he will body him up and Heat would send weak side help.

Without a double big, Biid can just take it inside if he’s struggling with his jumper.

I dont know if OG can play bigger than his size.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#38 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am

One bright spot from the Heat play-in game was Jojo showed wisdom to pace himself. He looked limited, exhausted, and maybe even hurt for most of the game, but then he came up big in crunch time.

This is partly due to being better at pacing, the system, and having more help.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#39 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am

One thing to be cautious about on our part is that the Knicks have two starting-quality bigs with 10 fouls to give. This will really test Embiid's conditioning, as there won't be any rest for the full 48 minutes.

Nurse could also keep hunting Brunson and exhaust him. Taking away Brunson could leave a big hole in the Knicks' offense.

It will be really hard for Brunson to operate with Embiid able to stay in the paint and provide help defense, while being defended individually by 6’8” to 6’9” defenders like Oubre or Batum. Brunson's in-between game consisting of fakes and pivots will be hard to pull off under such defensive pressure.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,909

Post#40 » by Wilfried » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am

Just not getting out-rebounded (Paul Reed, Harris, Oubre will have to help in that part of the game) would be enough to win 4-2

Return to Philadelphia 76ers