ImageImageImage

Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Place your bets

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

PHI -4.5
44%
NYK +4.5
11%
PHI ML (-180)
33%
NYK (+152)
11%

Total votes: 9

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,421

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#421 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am

drekwins wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
drekwins wrote:
classy. karma.
Enjoy your ban

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

A ban for me? With what I said? when you are casually celebrating intentionally injuring someone on a non-basketball play? And I'm banned for saying "classy". Your priorities seem straight.
I never celebrated that. Show me...

NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,599

Re: Game 3: Sixers (0-2) vs. Knicks (2-0) | Thu Apr 25 7:30 PM (EST) TV: NBCSNP, TNT 

Post#422 » by NYSixersFan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 am

Jayden Daniels and a Sixers win. Pretty good night.

Having said that, I'm still very pessimistic about this series. The Knicks are getting more contributions. Can a hobbled Embiid and Maxey win 3 out of the next 4?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,706

Post#423 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 am

I like Nurse's adjustments in this game. Nurse had Tobias on Hart as a way to slow down Hart's rebounding. I also read on Twitter that Tobi was matched up with Hartenstein in the fourth.

I also appreciate how physical we played. This game was the perfect opportunity to employ all those tactics to catch the attention of the refs, helping them control the physicality that, honestly, we can't match.

We made an effort to get Oubre and Tobi on the scoreboard by running some early plays for them. This not only provided support for Maxey and Biid but also allowed them to conserve energy in both the first and second halves.

Cam Payne took Hield's minutes, but Nurse didn't make that switch until after Hield missed an open corner 3 and a lay-up. Following that, Nurse quickly subbed Hield and let Payne get his minutes. Payne has always excelled as a PnR player, and having him on the court provides someone who can shoot and create opportunities for others.

You could say this was a scheduled loss for the Knicks, as many expected, well, at least for me. However, it's a promising sign that we not only show we're the more talented team but also can make numerous tactical adjustments quickly.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
AI_Efficiency
Sixth Man
And1: 747

Post#424 » by AI_Efficiency » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 am

Watched the replay a few times. It isn’t great. And embiid was frustrated at the time he made that foul. Seems more like he took his frustration out on Mitchell than that he was trying to protect himself. He would be better served just admitting his emotions got the best of him and apologizing imo. Saying you were doing it for protection looks worse.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,798

Post#425 » by stormi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:29 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Fellas, I missed this one. How'd Embiid look tonight health wise? I mean...He dropped 50.

Even at his state he's still the best player on the floor, and it's obvious. Had a really hot shooting night from 3 and did a decent job playing within the pace of the game.

His movement is still noticeably off. He's hobbled. His lift hasn't returned and he's been unable to pivot or defend in space with much effectiveness. His defense has been hit much harder by this injury than his offense has.

On an aside, watching this Nuggets game and marveled at Aaron Gordon's impact (as per usual). Physical freak, dominates transitions and the glass, secondary rim protection, elite finishing in traffic, active off ball.

I just looked at Tobias Harris and sighed.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,939

Post#426 » by Mik317 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 am

Biid has to be smarter from now on

won't be able to get away with the Draymond-ing; we used our make up call quota now.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#427 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 am

76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Fellas, I missed this one. How'd Embiid look tonight health wise? I mean...He dropped 50.

Well, he was 5-7 from 3 and 19-21 from the FT line, so there's 34 right there. I thought he looked good, didn't seem to be limping at all, which is good. The game was was really chippy early, he was very lucky he didn't get a tech 2.

He also stepped it up on defense to close the game

Nice game bro :nod:

Gotta get the next one and this series looks promising for Sixers
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,798

Post#428 » by stormi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am

Embiid just dropped 50 in a playoff game on one leg and with half of his face frozen. He's the greatest of my time.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,706

Post#429 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Well, he was 5-7 from 3 and 19-21 from the FT line, so there's 34 right there. I thought he looked good, didn't seem to be limping at all, which is good. The game was was really chippy early, he was very lucky he didn't get a tech 2.

Thanks!

In the last three games, the Sixers have had the better cards and made the right calls; it's just that variance is playing tricks on us. The Sixers still need to win three out of the next four games. This Knicks team not only shows no quit but also feels energized, as they can shine like stars and compete with a more talented team.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#430 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 am

76ciology wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Thanks!

In the last three games, the Sixers have had the better cards and made the right calls; it's just that variance is playing tricks on us. The Sixers still need to win three out of the next four games. This Knicks team not only shows no quit but also feels energized, as they can shine like stars and compete with a more talented team.

This series really should be 2-1 in Sixers favor now

Game 2 was one big cluster Fock , I mean last 40 or so seconds , refs mistakes , I blame a little bit Lowry for not calling a time out on inbound , he’s a vet he should be smarter than that
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#431 » by Kova » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 am

We didn't play too well, but still won. We still have a lot of room for improvement. Next one must win again. Congrats Embiid on a 50-burger.

But one thing bothered me. PHILLY FANS - HOW THE HELL DO YOU ALLOW HALF OF ARENA TO BE KNICKS FANS???!!
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#432 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:27 am

HotelVitale wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Mik317 wrote:good ****

still need something from a 3rd guy tho

Biid needing to score 50 is not something you wish to be sustainable.

don't know if that happens tho.

No it's not sustainable. It's the Tobi and Hield being bums hurting us.

Embiid and Maxey have done their job 3 straight games. The 3rd and 4th highest players have given us nothing meanwhile every player that steps on the floor for the knicks they are contributing.

Eh, Oubre was great in the 1st and had some sweet plays in the 4th, Cam Payne was ridiculous in the 2nd, Batum and Lowry played really well too.

Knicks role players played better than ours but this wasn't the game to complain about the supporting cast. Tobias, yes, but that's the expectation at this point.

Eh, Tobi and Hield not being able to step up at home is concerning when you factor in the Knicks roles guys still played well in our building. Unless you are expecting cam payne to come in and be the guy he was tonite for the rest of the series...
phillynative
General Manager

Post#433 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=pVlWdDGsnNw3xwjHmhdG3A&s=19

Jo is full of chit lol, but I’m beginning to hate this Knicks team so whatever.

:nod:

He was frustrated with the no call at the other end , but I do suspect that after he grabbed Mitchell he didnt want him falling near his legs and I don't blame him. It's just the play all together wasnt worth it. I'm not mad at the fire he displayed. Everyone always talk about how mopey and dejected he looks well we saw none of that tonight and I was pleased. He just has to play smarter so he can be available.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#434 » by phillynative » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am

Melton was available this game but once Payne got going Nurse stuck with him..
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#435 » by hookshot199 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am

Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was a dirty play, and had it not been for the horrible officiating at the end of game 2 I would have been okay with a flagrant 2 and ejection. But in light of the Maxxey missed calls in game 2, it was okay not to eject him. I will also say, we don't want him shooting seven threes in any game and on defense we need to get more consistent play from Oubre and Tobias...and any play from Hield. Let's just say game 2 and game 3 are a wash. Now we have to win game 4 the good old fashioned way - play your position and stay out of foul trouble. If we can win two and even the series, we've got a chance. All the while Embiid wll be getting healtier.

It's been 41 years since I saw the 1983 Sixers beat the Knicks in the first round at Madison Square Garden. That team went on to win it all. We have a chance.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,728

Post#436 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 am

This is one goofy ass organization. Whatcha guna do tho
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 347

Post#437 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 am

AI_Efficiency wrote:Watched the replay a few times. It isn’t great. And embiid was frustrated at the time he made that foul. Seems more like he took his frustration out on Mitchell than that he was trying to protect himself. He would be better served just admitting his emotions got the best of him and apologizing imo. Saying you were doing it for protection looks worse.

phillynative wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod:

He was frustrated with the no call at the other end , but I do suspect that after he grabbed Mitchell he didnt want him falling near his legs and I don't blame him. It's just the play all together wasnt worth it. I'm not mad at the fire he displayed. Everyone always talk about how mopey and dejected he looks well we saw none of that tonight and I was pleased. He just has to play smarter so he can be available.

hookshot199 wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

It was a dirty play, and had it not been for the horrible officiating at the end of game 2 I would have been okay with a flagrant 2 and ejection. But in light of the Maxxey missed calls in game 2, it was okay not to eject him. I will also say, we don't want him shooting seven threes in any game and on defense we need to get more consistent play from Oubre and Tobias...and any play from Hield. Let's just say game 2 and game 3 are a wash. Now we have to win game 4 the good old fashioned way - play your position and stay out of foul trouble. If we can win two and even the series, we've got a chance. All the while Embiid wll be getting healtier.

It's been 41 years since I saw the 1983 Sixers beat the Knicks in the first round at Madison Square Garden. That team went on to win it all. We have a chance.

76thBearCub wrote:This is one goofy ass organization. Whatcha guna do tho

Who in the hell made that one vote for (NYK +152)??

Oh yeah that was me, but after reading stuff like this, it's no wonder the GB is the way it is when it comes to Joel and the sixers.

Both things can be true, the Mitchell play wasn't ideal, but under the circumstances what does anyone posting on RealGM do different in that situation if you're Joel Embiid?
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#438 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am

Why you quoting me I wasn't even referencing that.

But quite frankly if you put the shoe on the other foot on that play I'd be pissed.
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 347

Post#439 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 am

76thBearCub wrote:Why you quoting me I wasn't even referencing that.

But quite frankly if you put the shoe on the other foot on that play I'd be pissed.

It was the "goofy ass organization" bit, nothing personal, but to my point.

It just seems like it's Sixers, actually more Joel and Sixers vs everybody. It's really strange that some believe Sixers fans don't like Embiid except for the fact that he wears the jersey. At the same time it's the actual jersey or team that's the problem? None of it makes any sense.

There's a thing called "Heat Culture", then there's the COMPLETE OPPOSITE with the Philadelphia 76ers.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#440 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am

Jhawk03 wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:Why you quoting me I wasn't even referencing that.

It was the "goofy ass organization" bit, nothing personal, but to my point.

It just seems like it's Sixers, actually more Joel and Sixers vs everybody. It's really strange that some believe Sixers fans don't like Embiid except for the fact that he wears the jersey. At the same time it's the actual jersey or team that's the problem? None of it makes any sense.

There's a thing called "Heat Culture", then there's the COMPLETE OPPOSITE with the Philadelphia 76ers.

Nah I'm with 6ers and Embiid I just get tired of shannigans that always seem to find or follow.

The Heat culture is their front office and organization. Nothing to do with fans.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers