Joel: unchained.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,036

Re: Joel: unchained. 

Post#1621 » by mjkvol » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:Try to follow along.

I stopped reading right there. "Follow along" with what, the ramblings of a fool that the rest of the forum laughs at? I'd like to think you are just a troll goofing on all of us with this idiocy, but the scary thing is I believe you're serious.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 847

Post#1622 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:Try to follow along.

I stopped reading right there. "Follow along" with what, the ramblings of a fool that the rest of the forum laughs at? I'd like to think you are just a troll goofing on all of us with this idiocy, but the scary thing is I believe you're serious.

You win. You're the smartest guy here. Congratulations.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,525

Post#1623 » by elchengue20 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Great game by Jojo,i hope this is the sign he's finally making the leap mentally to dominate in the Playoffs. Also he's improved as a passer and that's key to unleash his scoring game.

I won't make a huge deal out of it, but i didn't like the flagrant foul and all that drama. He has to handle better these situations. This time they gave him a pass, but i won't be always like this.

Yes, you are the franchise player and you are hurt, they are going to come for you, you need to handle it better.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#1624 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 am

I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Joel Embiid.

I've always been very critic of various aspects of him, be it his game on the court, his conditioning or his demeanor. He proved me wrong in this series but especially yesterday. He showed he is a true leader, he not only gave reassurance to our team that "we are the better team", but he then went on to prove it on the court the very next game.

When one is wrong it's important to admit it and not double down.

I will not doubt Joel Embiid ever again. We are all witnesses to the magnificence of sir Joel Hans Embiid :bowdown:
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1625 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Joel Embiid.

I've always been very critic of various aspects of him, be it his game on the court, his conditioning or his demeanor. He proved me wrong in this series but especially yesterday. He showed he is a true leader, he not only gave reassurance to our team that "we are the better team", but he then went on to prove it on the court the very next game.

I will not doubt Joel Embiid ever again. We are all witnesses to the magnificence of sir Joel Hans Embiid :bowdown:

That's premature in my opinion. Embiid said the Sixers are the better team and will win the series. That has to be accompanied by high effort/high intensity on his part for the remainder of the series for his proclamation to be consistent with true leadership and not just empty words that hang his teammates out to dry. A one-off extremely good game followed by his characteristic periodic lethargy isn't consistent with the leadership implied by that proclamation, and we have no evidence as of yet it won't be a one-off extremely good game followed by such lethargy. Even two or three extremely good games in a row followed by such lethargy wouldn't be consistent with the leadership embedded in the statement. He has to bring it every game of this series.

And that isn't me putting him in this position -- that's him having done so, with his proclamation.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1626 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

elchengue20 wrote:Great game by Jojo,i hope this is the sign he's finally making the leap mentally to dominate in the Playoffs.

That's exactly the crossroads at which his game lies at the present moment. And again his proclamation the Sixers are the better team and will win the series very likely makes that a now or never proposition. Had he said nothing in that regard we could always envision "next year" as the time when he possibly develops mentally in that way. Having said what he said however, that time has become now.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#1627 » by phillynative » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Great game by Jojo,i hope this is the sign he's finally making the leap mentally to dominate in the Playoffs.

That's exactly the crossroads at which his game lies at the present moment. And again his proclamation the Sixers are the better team and will win the series very likely makes that a now or never proposition. Had he said nothing in that regard we could always envision "next year" as the time when he possibly develops mentally in that way. Having said what he said however, that time has become now.

Unless he is retiring after the playoffs this is inaccurate.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1628 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm

phillynative wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:

If Embiid has his characteristic periodic playoffs lethargy after having said what he did about the Sixers’ being the better team and winning this series, it’ll be highly suggestive he lacks the capacity to ever do any better than that. If his own words don’t motivate him to perform in a manner consistent with them, it’s highly unlikely anything ever will.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#1629 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
phillynative wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:That's exactly the crossroads at which his game lies at the present moment. And again his proclamation the Sixers are the better team and will win the series very likely makes that a now or never proposition. Had he said nothing in that regard we could always envision "next year" as the time when he possibly develops mentally in that way. Having said what he said however, that time has become now.

If Embiid has his characteristic periodic playoffs lethargy after having said what he did about the Sixers’ being the better team and winning this series, it’ll be highly suggestive he lacks the capacity to ever do any better than that. If his own words don’t motivate him to perform in a manner consistent with them, it’s highly unlikely anything ever will.

He is surely on the right track now though.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1630 » by Ferry Avenue » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:
phillynative wrote:[/b][/i]

He is surely on the right track now though.

His compass is pointed the right direction no doubt. He just has to sustain it and avoid the lethargic lull. At that point he’ll have turned a very important corner in his career, and a very important one for this franchise as well if it ever hopes to win a championship with him as its centerpiece.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1631 » by Ferry Avenue » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 pm

Time to move on from Embiid. There is no team in the NBA that will win a championship with him as its centerpiece. He will need another player to fill that capacity for a team with him to win a championship.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#1632 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Joel Embiid.

That's premature in my opinion. Embiid said the Sixers are the better team and will win the series. That has to be accompanied by high effort/high intensity on his part for the remainder of the series for his proclamation to be consistent with true leadership and not just empty words that hang his teammates out to dry. A one-off extremely good game followed by his characteristic periodic lethargy isn't consistent with the leadership implied by that proclamation, and we have no evidence as of yet it won't be a one-off extremely good game followed by such lethargy. Even two or three extremely good games in a row followed by such lethargy wouldn't be consistent with the leadership embedded in the statement. He has to bring it every game of this series.

And that isn't me putting him in this position -- that's him having done so, with his proclamation.

You were spot on, I was premature into thinking this time was gonna be different, I was delusional.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,525

Post#1633 » by elchengue20 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Poor Joel, be easy on him, hes clearly playing hurt, like in our 5 of the last 6 Playoffs runs.

Im sure things are going to be different next year.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#1634 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Poor Joel, be easy on him, hes clearly playing hurt, like in our 5 of the last 6 Playoffs runs.

Im sure things are going to be different next year.

Yes, he just needs more help, not fair to ask him to show up in 4th quarters!
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#1635 » by phillynative » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 pm

The two losers gloating , claiming to be sixers fans are obvious weirdos.

Amazing 2 way player but its just time to lower his usage and not ompletely build around him. You cant keep building around a player that can't stay healthy and underperform in the tightest moments...
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1636 » by Ferry Avenue » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm

It'd be interesting to have a reporter ask Embiid whether he still believes the Sixers are the better team and will win the series. Certainly if he believed that when the team was down 0-2 there's no reason why he shouldn't still believe that currently. The better team is the better team, regardless of the outcome of two games in the interim. Ask him now which team is better and which team will win the series -- his answer and his rationale for it would be incredibly intriguing.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,816

Post#1637 » by stormi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

0 FG fourth quarter is inexcusable for an MVP caliber player.

Absolute warrior for sticking it out through these injuries and playing 40+ minutes, but once you step on the court you don't get excuses.

When he was out with that injury and we started tanking, it never made sense to me that he rush back to play in these conditions. This team was never good enough and (surprise surprise) he only ended up demolishing his body even further.
Ferry Avenue
Starter

Post#1638 » by Ferry Avenue » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

stormi wrote:0 FG fourth quarter is inexcusable for an MVP caliber player.

Absolute warrior for sticking it out through these injuries and playing 40+ minutes, but once you step on the court you don't get excuses.

When he was out with that injury and we started tanking, it never made sense to me that he rush back to play in these conditions. This team was never good enough and (surprise surprise) he only ended up demolishing his body even further for no reason.

But according to him the Sixers are the better team and will win the series.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#1639 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 pm

stormi wrote:0 FG fourth quarter is inexcusable for an MVP caliber player.

When he was out with that injury and we started tanking, it never made sense to me that he rush back to play in these conditions. This team was never good enough and (surprise surprise) he only ended up demolishing his body even further.

It is inexcusbale but you have to take context into consideration. It's because of him that we even got to that point, and it's why we won Game 3 and should have won game 2. I get people are so frustrated, but as I've said all over the forum. This is on Morey, Tobias/Buddy and management overall for **** this up for 10 years straight. How the **** do you let the team go -37 and not have adequate rebounding/playmakers shooters around him. Somehow we always go for the lame deal, a player who should work, but ends up absolutely self-combusting when they arrive on the Sixers.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,514

Post#1640 » by Jailblazers7 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 pm

This organization has failed on every level in the past 5 years. Poor roster building, poor star management, bad coaching, bad contracts, and player underperformance.

Joel absolutely deserves a healthy share of the blame because he hasn’t delivered when it matters most. We can point at +\- all we want but we’ve seen too many years of him crumbling under pressure to pretend it’s all somebody else’s fault. He’s had terrible injury luck & we all know the history. But this team will never get better if we can’t honestly assess his strengths & weaknesses.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers