Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,135

Re: 76ers 2023-24 Season Thread Part 2 

Post#101 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:34 pm

the_process wrote:People worrying about Terry Rozier. :lol:

I get hating this team, let's just put some sort of a limit on it. :lol:

I mean, he did cook the piss out of us in 2018.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,856

Post#102 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:44 pm

youngcrev wrote:I haven't watched a ton of Lowry lately. I assume he's cooked. I still like the idea of adding a veteran PG to this team though. And then you put your actual assets into the wing spot.

Absolutely cooked. And the Sixers would be overwhelming favorites to sign him after a buyout.
the_process
RealGM

Post#103 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:45 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Ok? That was 6 years ago.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#104 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:57 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

And now he's in the prime of his career on an actual good team that has also cooked our asses in the past. I don't think it's weird to acknowledge that the Heat just got markedly better for roughly the price of Melton
the_process
RealGM

Post#105 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:59 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

And now he's in the prime of his career on an actual good team that has also cooked our asses in the past. I don't think it's weird to acknowledge that the Heat just got markedly better for roughly the price of Melton

Rozier and Herro together will be an abomination of a backcourt. Whatever they score they will give up double.

I imagine Miami's plan is to try and turn Herro and their other 1st into Dejounte.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#106 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:20 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:

Rozier and Herro together will be an abomination of a backcourt. Whatever they score they will give up double.

I imagine Miami's plan is to try and turn Herro and their other 1st into Dejounte.

I'll just say this: when he was on Boston, he was known more for his defense than his offense. He goes to a team that's basically not contending and gives up playing defense in order to be the "alpha scorer" on a trash team and get a nice payday. I don't think he'll have trouble falling back in line to become a defensive guy who can be called upon to score.

I think it's a very underrated pickup. If he can give Maxey and Lillard hell (two similar sized guards) on defense, then he has excellent value for the Heat. Not to go on about "Heat Culture", but I don't think he'll show up there thinking he can be a 20ppg scorer and be lazy on the other end.
the_process
RealGM

Post#107 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I'll just say this: when he was on Boston, he was known more for his defense than his offense. He goes to a team that's basically not contending and gives up playing defense in order to be the "alpha scorer" on a trash team and get a nice payday. I don't think he'll have trouble falling back in line to become a defensive guy who can be called upon to score.

I think it's a very underrated pickup. If he can give Maxey and Lillard hell (two similar sized guards) on defense, then he has excellent value for the Heat. Not to go on about "Heat Culture", but I don't think he'll show up there thinking he can be a 20ppg scorer and be lazy on the other end.

Will believe this when it is seen. Even in his Boston days, the D was overrated. Right now I have that trade as a slam dunk win for Charlotte.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,628

Post#108 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:08 pm

I'm not envious of the heat trading for Rozier. He's not the player we need, but he is absolutely the type of guard that charbroils our team. Again nobody here wants Rozier, it's more that it's an applauded move for Miami because of how well he fits there. If we have to play them in the postseason, Rozier is going to give us problems. Hell he gave us problems the other night in Charlotte.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#109 » by brannigan73 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:13 pm

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:I haven't watched a ton of Lowry lately. I assume he's cooked. I still like the idea of adding a veteran PG to this team though. And then you put your actual assets into the wing spot.

Absolutely cooked. And the Sixers would be overwhelming favorites to sign him after a buyout.

Not to be rude but what would make you say this? Im not sure Philadelphia, even as a contender, is viewed as anything as neutral at best as a destination. What quality buy outs have signed with us since we have become a 50 win team? I guess maybe Bellinelli could be considered that. Kevin Love turned his nose at us to sign with a team below us in the standings. A couple years ago that foreign guy who's name escapes me changed his mind at the last second in free agency and this past winter I was reading Micheal Beasley's signing was imminent and then blamo he is a Milwaukee buck. Granted that's not a ton of evidence against but its more then the evidence for us being a place all these top buy you candidates want to go to lol. If the Sixers want to add someone that can help them they need to plan on it being a trade. Another guy I hear people planning on getting via buyout is Hayward. Why wouldn't he sign with Boston? He would get plenty of playing time there they have a stout starting five but a questionable bench and he has a history with Boston. They easily could get him 25 min a game or so and a better shot at winning the chip. I perfer to live in what I call "reality".
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#110 » by Ben » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:14 pm

76ciology wrote:
Ben wrote:
76ciology wrote:Bulls:
Marcus Morris
Robert Covington
Paul Reed
$10M expiring (kork and house)
2nd rounders

Sixers:
Derozan
Caruso
Drummond

I would absolutely love to get Caruso and get Drummond back. But why in the world would the Bulls gut their team for expirings, Reed, and 2nd rounders? Caruso on his own should cost at least a 1st rounder, and right now Drummond might not be super cheap either.

If Drummond could be had for a 2nd rounder or two, we should do that and rest Joel more during the regular season.

Oh sorry, i forgot to add Lonzo there.

Do you think Bulls would do it in order to unload Lonzo’s contract and 2nd rounders?

Gotcha, I appreciate the creative thinking. But as I understand it, insurance is mostly paying for Lonzo's contract so it's not the kind of albatross that one might expect. This article speculates that the Bulls could use the contract as trade salary filler that's not painful to the other team.

Here's a page from the Bulls forum where one respected posted speculates about Reed + picks for Caruso -- I would hope that it could be two 2nd rounders-- and someone else speculates that the Sixers would need Drummond, too, which I personally would love for the Sixers. But I'm a Bulls fan as well, and I'm not sure how the Sixers could make a trade that'd benefit the Bulls. Maybe Reed, Bamba a 1st and two 2nds for Caruso and Drummond? Bulls might like to take a flyer on young guys like KJ Martin and Jaden Springer as they rebuild, too; I dunno.

Embiid/ Drummond
Tobi/ Batum/ RoCo/ Keystone Kop
Oubre/ Batum/ Caruso/ House
Caruso/ Melton/ House
Maxey/ Caruso/ PatBev/ Melton
the_process
RealGM

Post#111 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:15 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Not to be rude but what would make you say this? Im not sure Philadelphia, even as a contender, is viewed as anything as neutral at best. What quality buy outs have signed with us since we have become a 50 win team. I guess maybe Bellinelli could be considered that. Kevin Love turned his nose at us to sign with a team below us in the standings. A couple years ago that foreign guy who's name escapes me changed his mind at the last second in free agency and this past winter I was reading Micheal Beasley's signing was imminent and then blamo he is a Milwaukee buck. Granted that's not a ton of evidence against but its more then the evidence for us being a place all these top buy you candidates want to go to lol.

I said favorites, like as it pertains to betting odds, not that they would sign him or even be interested. Although I assume Morey would have interest in a prorated vet min back up ballhandler with a ring.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#112 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:10 pm

Bucks should just hire Budenholzen tbh. Kinda late in the season to implement an entire new coaching dynamic.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 852

Post#113 » by zaz102 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:18 pm

I wonder if Griffin will join Nurse's staff. Are he and Nurse tight?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#114 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:21 pm

Doc was an informal advisor to Griffin, Bucks fire Griffin, Bucks are strongly considering Doc? Either Doc was sabotaging Griffin or the Bucks are brain dead.
the_process
RealGM

Post#115 » by the_process » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:57 pm

Apparently Bucks fans are all on board with this firing.

Ok.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,617

Post#116 » by youngcrev » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:24 pm

Are the Bucks the NBA version of this year's Eagles team?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,027

Post#117 » by Mik317 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:53 am

if we lose to Doc in the playoffs...i might quit watching the sport lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,027

Post#118 » by Mik317 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:56 am

the_process wrote:Apparently Bucks fans are all on board with this firing.

Ok.

Griffin was bad. He refused to run simple PNR with Dame and Giannis and while not all his fault his defensive scheme simply doesn't fit the roster and he refused to adjust. They had an easy schedule so far and thus stacked some wins but they were ugly wins....

so yeah he needed to get sacked and in a way doing it early is the right move despite the record...

signing Doc......idk he will spam PNR at the very least I guess
#NeverGonnaBeGood
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#119 » by SixthStreet » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:29 am

Mik317 wrote:if we lose to Doc in the playoffs...i might quit watching the sport lol

Lol. The better question is will you watch game 5 after we go down 3-1 to Doc?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,869

Post#120 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:31 am

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Yea, but from an analytics standpoint, he’s not even good this year. He’s just scoring a lot on a trash team. Is it worth the headache?

I dont read any news about Bridges being a headache with his team. He’s charged with probation with no jail time. He’s a low risk and high reward player for us right now.

Stats wise, he’s been a top 100 RAPM player. efficient scorer in his last 3 seasons and is more of an average defender that can be a good rebounder who can block shots. He might be our “aaron gordon” who can shoot, finish and maybe defend wings.

We can also save draft capital and just sign Kevin Porter Jr too. I think the Rockets guys like him.

KPj is a headache on the court he wants usage and he’s highly inefficient
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers