ImageImageImage

Tyrus Thomas?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#21 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:25 pm

Sefolosha is a big blunder by Paxton. He's shooting less than 20%.

But Tyrus is not a blunder. The kid has unreal talent that hasnt been tapped yet because Skiles was a guard, not a big man. Skiles never developed his big men. Tyrus is basically back to being a rookie.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,081

Post#22 » by Sixerscan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:32 pm

Well he's a blunder considering they traded Aldridge for him but he's been fine on his own.
SendEm
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by SendEm » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:39 pm

Tyrus Thomas looks like a rich man's Bo Outlaw. In order for him to reach his ceiling he would have to develop the skills of a Ryan Gomes and I don't see that happening because players don't regularly develop those kinds of skills as a professional, normally they are acquired before entering the NBA while the player is still an amateur playing for free 24 hours a day.

Jermaine O'neal is the only player that I have seen develop real solid low post moves in the NBA and he done so after being privately coached by Mark Aquire which was Isiah Thomas doing. Tyrus needs to pattern his game after similar players like Adrian Dantley and Mark Aguire, otherwise he'll just be "The Rich Man's Bo Outlaw."
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#24 » by tk76 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:40 pm

TT actually likes to take jumpers too, and he's also shoots them at a low percentage. He doesn't shoot from so far out. TT lacks Smith's court savvy and ability to create for others.

I could be wrong, but I though he has a wider frame than Smith, and I think his build is a bit better suited to be a true PF, but having TT and Sam would be as bad offensively as Evans and Sam. TT is a long way from developing a post game.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 247

Post#25 » by Samson » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:17 pm

I didn't read what everyone else said so I am posting this without reading popular opinion.

That said, theoretically we'd be STYLIN' and PROFiLIN' to get Tyrus Thomas for Andre Miller.

However, remember this, write it down, take a picture, I don't give a phunk, Tyrus Thomas is the next JR Rider...Ultimate talent in the NBA and just doesn't care... He's the guy that could have been the next real mofo deal, like Shawn Kemp kinda, could've re-defined the sport, but will get busted outta the NBA cause he's "too good for his own good"..

but IF he gets his head right, he's like Fly Slamma Jamma waiting to happen..
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#26 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:19 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Well he's a blunder considering they traded Aldridge for him but he's been fine on his own.

The Bulls had a lot of concerns about Aldridge's health. He has picked up a number of nagging injuries but is healthy at present.

No doubt LA is better player at this time - but he is playing regularly& that helps a lot. Tyrus did not get consistent minutes under Skiles & still doesnt under Boyaln since he is competing for minutes with Smith & Noah & Nocioni

Bulls knew Tyrus was a project & made the decision to go with him. In a few years, we'll see if it was the right decision.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#27 » by tk76 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:25 pm

TT certainly fits the athletic mold this team is heading toward- but I don't see the Bull's giving him up so they can rent Miller for 1 year, and I don't see Sam and TT complementing each other offensively, or even all that well defensively. Sammy needs to be paired with a wide bodied scorer (like Zach sans attitude problems.) Then again, who knows if Sam is our future C, PF or anything. I see Hibbert falling to us this draft.
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by joey-A » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:33 pm

Skiels has been gone for 3 weeks now, and Ty Thomas still hasn't started a single game. Ty Thomas is just like another Ex-Sixer Thomas...Kenny! And Like Kenny, Ty has not ONE single offensive move in the paint. And Manute Bol shoots better Jump shots. He's all athleticism, and No Brains! Can't get him for Andre Miller ? That's like saying you couldn't get Harold Minor for a 26 year old Michael Jordan :-) :-) :-)

Ty Thomas fouls too many times early on, and he gets faked out of his shoes too easily. He's an overpaid SCRUB. And ANYONE here who
would want him over Brand as a PF, is as dumb as they come, and should have their basketball fan license taken away :-)

Ty " F'ing " Thomas!! Give me a break already!!
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#29 » by freshie2 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:44 am

Maybe the Sixers can get Aaron Grey in the deal as well...would that sweeten it enough??
oldschool1
Freshman
And1: 17

Tyrus Thomas 

Post#30 » by oldschool1 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:58 am

"Ty Thomas fouls too many times early on, and he gets faked out of his shoes too easily. He's an overpaid SCRUB. And ANYONE here who
would want him over Brand as a PF, is as dumb as they come, and should have their basketball fan license taken away "

If we trade Miller for Thomas and $5 million of expiring contracts(Duhon and Khyapa), we will have $15 million of cap room, plus Thomas who still has as much upside as any power forward we would be able to draft in the next 2 years. remember, Stefanski said he is willing to take some risk. If Thomas has worn out his wecome with Chicago, his value may be low enough for the sixers to take a shot on him.

[/quote]
sixersinsider
Sophomore
And1: 2

patience sixers nation 

Post#31 » by sixersinsider » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:18 am

Thad has a much better skill set then thomas ie nose for the ball rebounding and the feathery touch.THad is 10 thousand pushups away from being a legit powerforward he just needs to sacrifice some speed for some strength when miller and evans are moved it will be for all expirings cap space will be our only quick fix. :wavefinger:
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#32 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:31 am

i highly doubt it...but id def be down with getting Thomas for Miller.
I have really started to like Miller and am for keeping him BUT if we could get an expiring contract and Thomas,i think youd HAVE to do it.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
Fire BK
Senior

Post#33 » by Fire BK » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:59 pm

There's NO WAY the Bulls trade TT for Andre Miller. Please.

Meanwhile, the Sixers would do that deal in a millisecond.
Paxson
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by Paxson » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:19 pm

Sorry guys,

Bulls fans are obsessed with TT and would never even think about trading TT for Miller. Once TT is given the minutes he will be a force to reckon with. Us bulls fans have seen some amazing flashes from TT.
STChaser
Starter

Post#35 » by STChaser » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:00 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. TT has proven nothing so far. Yes, he's a great athlete. But he's yet to "figure it out". And having watched Sam for several years now, I can tell you that it may takes several seasons before TT figures it out, if he does at all.

Don't get me wrong. I like TT. But I've been reading a lot on the Bulls' forum about him settling for outside shots and that is NOT what we need when we already have Sam doing that.

I'd be just as much intrigued to take a shot at Amir Johnson, who is stuck behind several other 4's on Detroit's roster. The problem is, I'm not sure who we possess that they would want being that they already have Billups running the show and wouldn't be interested in Miller. But perhaps Amir could come much cheaper than a TT and perhaps a deal involving Jason Smith, Carney, or WG could do the trick.

STChaser
Salvistine24
Junior

Post#36 » by Salvistine24 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:16 pm

i think tt has a higher ceiling tho than any player currently on our roster...couple that with he plays a need position and i think u have to take a shot if u can get him cheap...miller for thomas is a steal for the sixers as its been previously said...

amir johnson is a nice player but in no way does he have the potential of a guy like thomas...in our position, id much rather take a chance on potential now than on a guy with a much lower ceiling...honestly, i dont think we have much to lose...if tt is a bust, well we move on...if he hits, tho, it could be the biggest move this franchise has made in years

johnson just doesnt have that kind of upside and seems to be a servicible starter at best over the long hall and we already have that imo in jason smith
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#37 » by IggyTheBEaST » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:24 pm

Paxson wrote:Sorry guys,

Bulls fans are obsessed with TT and would never even think about trading TT for Miller. Once TT is given the minutes he will be a force to reckon with. Us bulls fans have seen some amazing flashes from TT.

then i guess its good for us that your gm makes the decisions, not your fans
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#38 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:27 am

since there is new tt coverage, should we merge these threads?
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#39 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 am

the asking price would probably be too high.
unless it was Miller we were moving for him i doubt we'd be able to land him.I dont think he'd be worth our draft pick this year unless we knew we would be in the 12-15 range....
He doesnt really fill that post player need we want...but he does have talent and wouldnt mind him here,especially for defensive purposes.Him and Sammy would block tons of shots together.

and our breaks would be vicious too...Lwill,Thad,Iguodala,Sammy and Tyrus could all thrown down and finish.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#40 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 am

Carney Miller and Utahs Pick for Hinrich and TT

Oops, sorry, I fell asleep at the computer for a moment.
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous

Return to Philadelphia 76ers