ImageImageImage

EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,198

Re: EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!! 

Post#541 » by Negrodamus » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:20 am

Damn, this defense sucks. My goodness.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,312

Post#542 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:52 am

Just gotta hang onto the #2 seed boys. Just a couple of tough weeks. Y'all have had an insane schedule these last 5 weeks.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#543 » by Embiid P » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:55 am

Negrodamus wrote:Damn, this defense sucks. My goodness.

Yup, they can't stop a high school team at this point.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,873

Post#544 » by Phila Tough » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:56 am

This team functions better as underdogs anyways but man this is tough to watch. Teams are just marching down the field on us, every possession. Juan Castillio vibes
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#545 » by the_process » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:50 am

Fraudulent.

Losing both coordinators hurt far more than was acknowledged. And I didn't even like Gannon, but his unit didn't get slaughtered like this repeatedly.

I still think they win out. They might even still get the one seed.

But they will be lucky to win a single playoff game. They certainly aren't winning two or three playoff games.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#546 » by Embiid P » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 pm

the_process wrote:Fraudulent.

Losing both coordinators hurt far more than was acknowledged. And I didn't even like Gannon, but his unit didn't get slaughtered like this repeatedly.

I still think they win out. They still might even still get the one seed.

But they will be lucky to win a single playoff game. They certainly aren't winning two or three playoff games.

Agreed to a certain extent. Obviously the coordinators have been bad especially during this tough 5 game stretch, but in the case of the defense, Desai isn't causing them to miss easy tackles. That's more on the players.

Losing guys like Edwards, Epps, and CJGJ in FA has hurt us more than many believe not to mention the injuries to Dean and Maddox haven't helped either. Anyone who was paying attention should have known that we were gonna take a step back defensively and that it would take more than one offseason to effectively retool the entire unit.
the_process
RealGM

Post#547 » by the_process » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:33 pm

Embiid P wrote:

Agreed to a certain extent. Obviously the coordinators have been bad especially during this tough 5 game stretch, but in the case of the defense, Desai isn't causing them to miss easy tackles. That's more on the players.

Losing guys like Edwards, Epps, and CJGJ in FA has hurt us more than many believe not to mention the injuries to Dean and Maddox haven't helped either. Anyone who was paying attention should have known that we were gonna take a step back defensively and that it would take more than one offseason to effectively retool the entire unit.

They will be extremely hard pressed to fix the defense this offseason. I expect Kelce and Johnson to hang them up. They are going to have to focus on the OLine because Hurts is pedestrian without an elite group in front of him.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,266

Post#548 » by mjkvol » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:04 pm

I don’t watch the NFL any more, but found it nothing short of hilarious to see Mahomes whining and ranting about a valid call that cost them the game yesterday when KC was literally handed the AFC championship game and the Super Bowl on a platter by very questionable calls that essentially ended both games.

Still waiting for someone in the national media to point out the hypocrisy, but not holding my breath.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,586

Post#549 » by SixthStreet » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Look on the bright side. Not going to have to worry about either of our coordinators getting head coaching interviews. LOL.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#550 » by Embiid P » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:22 pm

the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

They will be extremely hard pressed to fix the defense this offseason. I expect Kelce and Johnson to hang them up. They are going to have to focus on the OLine because Hurts is pedestrian without an elite group in front of him.

They already have Jurgens to move to center when Kelce retires. Steen will likely take Jurgens's current position at RG. The only question is who will be Lane's eventually replacement at RT? I expect them to draft Lane's replacement early while Lane returns for one more season to help groom him.

I expect Cox and Graham to retire or move on next season. Since they are deepest on the D line, and they'll have a bit of cap space to play with in the offseason, they need to address the LB position in FA as well as the draft. Assuming Ringo improves next season, I expect him to eventually replace one of Slay or Bradberry while taking another CB in the draft.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,198

Post#551 » by Negrodamus » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:52 pm

I don't follow them nearly as close as I once did (especially not as close as the Sixers), but what happened to this team, particularly the defense, since the end of the Bills game to now? It's insane how far they have fallen off.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,385

Post#552 » by Arsenal » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:17 pm

Team is going nowhere barring major opponent injuries and a ton of luck. One of the worst D's in the league and the O is leaking oil also.

Point differential doesn't lie. SF and DAL are far superior and will destroy us in the playoffs.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,588

Post#553 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:44 pm

Hurts' turnovers are brutal too. Fumbled in 7 games straight,4 lost.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#554 » by Embiid P » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 pm

Arsenal wrote:Team is going nowhere barring major opponent injuries and a ton of luck. One of the worst D's in the league and the O is leaking oil also.

Point differential doesn't lie. SF and DAL are far superior and will destroy us in the playoffs.

All I can say is that if we don't win it all, I hope that the SB champion is in the AFC as I couldn't stomach another SF or Dallas SB victory. Sadly, with the exception of perhaps the Ravens, the AFC has been relatively weak compared to previous years. The Chiefs like the Eagles have taken a step back and the Dolphins have yet to prove that they can beat anyone good.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,737

Post#555 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:39 pm

I still like the Eagles in the playoffs just as much or more than Dallas. That 9ers roster is ridiculous at full strength tho.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#556 » by Embiid P » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:40 am

Glad the Eagles essentially fired Desai and promoted Matt Patricia as DC. He can't be any worse than Desai at this point, can he?

And props to the Bills for laying the smackdown on the Cowpokes earlier.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#557 » by Sixersftw » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:18 pm

Dude, Patricia is bad bad. I don't hate Desai. The org had to know he was young and that he needed more senior voices in his ear to help with adjustments as personnel went down. They failed to surround him with those voices.

Gannon really **** us. Could of had Fangio.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
the_process
RealGM

Post#558 » by the_process » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:25 pm

Not expecting the D to be better with Patricia, who does not have a great track record. They need to run the ball a lot here on out and have the OLine pound the Hawks, Giants, and Cards into submission and keep their D off the field as much as possible.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,385

Post#559 » by Arsenal » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:25 pm

The D will be better now due to weak competition. Still have no confidence they can do enough to beat SF or DAL in the playoffs.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,873

Post#560 » by Phila Tough » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:15 am

lol when it rains in Philly, it pours acid rain. A masterclass in a team collapsing at the worst part of the season

Return to Philadelphia 76ers