ImageImageImage

Semi OT: Bluff City Classic (Thad)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Semi OT: Bluff City Classic (Thad) 

Post#21 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jul 4, 2010 5:38 pm

Thad's improved alot thus far over the summer. The Pull-up J? Thad didn't have that. Thad's handles also got more explosive, and Thad's still quick as hell. 1-on-1, there's no one in the league probably that can match-up with that first step, with that size, with those handles.

I was also impressed with his passing ability and he was very unselfish, especially when you consider how bad the "Knicks" PG's were.
PhillyFan
Starter

Post#22 » by PhillyFan » Sun Jul 4, 2010 5:49 pm

LOL, none in the league can match up with his first step? His size? Handles?

Dude, none of us think Thad Young is a bad player. It just gets ridiculous when you make him sound like he is the league's most dominant player (which he CLEARLY is not).

Until you get that, you are just going to be the laughing stock in Real GM...not just the Sixers board.
Thread title: Evan Turner Starting To Night Jody Meeks out!
PatronJames wrote:(Reads topic title) ... Ladies and gentlemen, the American Education System.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Post#23 » by Sixersftw » Sun Jul 4, 2010 6:03 pm

At 2:00, 234 years after the birth of our nation, Thaddeus Young was reborn...unstoppable. lol.

streetball game= definitive proof of improvement.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#24 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jul 4, 2010 6:05 pm

No, I never said that he was the league's most dominate player. But it's highly probable he'll be a top-flight SF. putting him at PF exposes him defensively. To which, BTW, he was a good help defender in that game.

If Thad can, like Kyle Korver, be a great team defender, his individual defense doesn't really matter.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#25 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jul 4, 2010 6:07 pm

I find it real funny that this is coming from a bunch of hypocrites, watch, everytime Turner makes some dazzling move, everyone's gonna pounce on it.

Hypocrites.

Thad' showed alot of improvement, why shouldn't I be excited?
Sixersftw
RealGM

Post#26 » by Sixersftw » Sun Jul 4, 2010 6:26 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:If Thad can, like Kyle Korver, be a great team defender, his individual defense doesn't really matter.

This is just absolutely false. Why didn't Kyle Korver work out as a starter for us? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't his jumpshot. He and Iguodala were very good together offensively but KK couldn't stay in front of me.
Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I find it real funny that this is coming from a bunch of hypocrites, watch, everytime Turner makes some dazzling move, everyone's gonna pounce on it.

Thad' showed alot of improvement, why shouldn't I be excited?

A) Turner is going to be showing Dazzling moves against NBA/ D-league level players.

b) Thad hasn't shown any improvement besides getting bigger.

If you put Jodie Meeks up against high schoolers and college players he is going to look good, too. Off of one clip you have deemed his handle to be superlative, and his pull up J to be all better. I can find a clip in any season past where he has shown all this for one game.

But just to rant, I don't really give a crap about Thad's offense. If he wanted to show anything offensively how about getting to the line? How about the other side of the ball? pull a rebound down, box someone out. His ability to score doesn't excite me one iota.

Lets forget for a moment that this is against a lot of 18 year olds. We all want Thad to succeed but "percieved improvement" in an area that he already was fine at doesn't do much for me. If I told you "guess what igoudala improved! His dunks just became 20% more vicious!" you would lose your mind. Its the same thing, imo
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#27 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jul 4, 2010 7:26 pm

The DUNKS? Were you watching the same tape or just spouting crap If you are just spouting crap, let me tell you what you missed. Thad's handles, which were suspect, have vastly improved. I think Thad only had 2 "travels" in the game, one of which should've been called a blocking foul. Those handles have made Thad all the more dangerous, as he was able to get to the rim at ease.

Thad never had much of a pull-up jumper, infact that was one of Kobb's biggest complaints. Thad showing a pull-up jumper, believe it or not, is indeed a sign of improvement.

Getting to the line? You mean like Iguodala does? When I'm scared **** that he'll turn it over either through his mediocre handles or some bad pass? Now let me be honest, I'd like Thad to get to the line some more too, but if you continue to be a High FG percentage shooter, it doesn't really matter. 2 pts is 2 pts, doesn't matter where you get it.

Thad never had a pull up jumper, and he never really made plays or focused on making plays, nor were his handles all that great.

If Thad had a pull-up jumper, and if his handles were at the level they looked to be at last year, Thad wouldn't have struggled so much.
So believe it or not, he improved.
mrfantast1c
Senior
And1: 65

Post#28 » by mrfantast1c » Sun Jul 4, 2010 11:31 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:The DUNKS? Were you watching the same tape or just spouting crap If you are just spouting crap, let me tell you what you missed. Thad's handles, which were suspect, have vastly improved. I think Thad only had 2 "travels" in the game, one of which should've been called a blocking foul. Those handles have made Thad all the more dangerous, as he was able to get to the rim at ease.

Thad never had much of a pull-up jumper, infact that was one of Kobb's biggest complaints. Thad showing a pull-up jumper, believe it or not, is indeed a sign of improvement.

Getting to the line? You mean like Iguodala does? When I'm scared **** that he'll turn it over either through his mediocre handles or some bad pass? Now let me be honest, I'd like Thad to get to the line some more too, but if you continue to be a High FG percentage shooter, it doesn't really matter. 2 pts is 2 pts, doesn't matter where you get it.

Thad never had a pull up jumper, and he never really made plays or focused on making plays, nor were his handles all that great.

If Thad had a pull-up jumper, and if his handles were at the level they looked to be at last year, Thad wouldn't have struggled so much.
So believe it or not, he improved.

dude. he was talking about andre igoudala when he referenced dunking, re-read what he said. and he only had 2 travels ? thats 2 too many. these are the kind of games that make nba players look like all stars. marcus banks won summer league mvp 2 years ago, with competition way better than this. where is he now ?
Sixersftw
RealGM

Post#29 » by Sixersftw » Sun Jul 4, 2010 11:35 pm

No he hasn't. He is (partially) playing against high school players and you have only seen one game. I don't care what Iguodala does or does not do. Thad is not judged against Igoudala. Thad is his own player.

He does it against comparable competition fine. until then it doesn't matter.

What the hell am I doing? I'm in the wrong, why I responded to this...I don't know.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#30 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jul 5, 2010 12:41 am

John Salmons is noted for having a very good summer, yet he was always timid in a Sixers uniform? Is it because he sucked? No, it's because of a certain 6'0 ballhog. Once Salmons got his start in Sacramento, his career took off. Salmons became everything we hoped Stackhouse/Hughes would be.

Salmons is THE reason Milwaukee made the playoffs last year.
PhillyFan
Starter

Post#31 » by PhillyFan » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:58 am

PatronJames wrote:(Reads topic title) ... Ladies and gentlemen, the American Education System.
tgo2223
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#32 » by tgo2223 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 10:56 am

LOL Salmons is everything Hughes and Stackhouse wish they were?!? Salmons led the bucks to the playoffs. Ok i give u that but how many det teams did stack lead to the playoffs? And as i recall, that finales series when he played for the mavs he was the only showing up once haslem got in dirks chest. Please stop it. Salmons still stinks. he avg what for the bucks last year 15pts 4rebs 2ast 2t.o. and where the heck was he in the playoffs?
Be the GM 5.0

Jennings, Hinrich
Derozen, Hirich
Ariza, Derozen
B. Wright, Monroe
Monroe, Mahinmi
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,536

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Mon Jul 5, 2010 11:37 am

Thad's 10lbs of added muscles is pretty impressive.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that him handles are still below average for the SF position in the NBA, but good thing that there's Turner and Jrue to do the facilitating.

He's a potential nightmare at the post. He's REALLY big for the SF position.

Improved his shooting. I think he can be a better shooter than Iggy can ever be.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#34 » by freshie2 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 11:39 am

DSF is still way over the top, but I will agree that Salmons has had a nice run. It is a shame that he and Iverson couldn't co-exist...but who could?? They may have had a smoother rebuild had they pulled the trigger on an Iverson deal while Salmons was still on the roster...a Miller/Salmons/Iguodala backcourt would have been a nice group (for instance).
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User

Post#35 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Jul 5, 2010 6:57 pm

76ciology wrote:Thad's 10lbs of added muscles is pretty impressive.

I'm a bit disappointed to see that him handles are still below average for the SF position in the NBA, but good thing that there's Turner and Jrue to do the facilitating.

He's a potential nightmare at the post. He's REALLY big for the SF position.

Improved his shooting. I think he can be a better shooter than Iggy can ever be.

I don't think his handles are still below average. He only got called for two travels, one of which should've been a blocking foul IMO. He pushed the ball up the floor strong, he made plays for his team-mates, which was really important given how bad the Knicks PGS were.

A combination of horrible guard play/turnovers+ raining 3's beat them in that game.

On the contrary, I feel like Thad really impressed me compared to a year ago.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#36 » by ITK9 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 7:26 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:A combination of horrible guard play/turnovers+ raining 3's beat them in that game.

So you were not impressed with Thad last year when you said he will become Carmelo 2.0 ?
PhillyFan
Starter

Post#37 » by PhillyFan » Mon Jul 5, 2010 7:34 pm

ITK9 wrote:
Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:A combination of horrible guard play/turnovers+ raining 3's beat them in that game.

So you were not impressed with Thad last year when you said he will become Carmelo 2.0 ?

if Thad didn't really impressed him a year ago, and he is already calling him Carmelo 2.0...I guess Thad is now Michael Jordan + Kobe Bryant in 1 ?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#38 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 5, 2010 7:39 pm

It's a **** rec league. He should dominate.
Sixersftw
RealGM

Post#39 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jul 5, 2010 8:01 pm

76ciology wrote:Thad's 10lbs of added muscles is pretty impressive.

Unfortunately, he probably did not gain 10 Lbs of muscle in 2 1/2 months. probably a lot of fat and water mixed in there which is inevitable.

You can't gain muscle w/o putting on weight in other ways. It's literally impossible for an athlete. It's highly improbable for almost anyone unless they have never picked up a weight before.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#40 » by freshie2 » Mon Jul 5, 2010 8:32 pm

It is always a mix...I think the point is he has been working out, and the added weight is not Kevin Duckworth weight, but more Karl Malone weight.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers