ImageImageImage

MCW as rookie of the year?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Re: MCW as rookie of the year? 

Post#141 » by roma258 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 pm

I don't venture on the General Board, but if people are hating on MCW and the direction of the team, maybe we're doing something right after all. They scurred!
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
ratrac
Sixth Man
And1: 706

Post#142 » by ratrac » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 pm

MountainDrew wrote:We shouldn't take the bait on the General Board really. Hate will come no matter what. Don't like to call people out but I'm sorta looking forward to the reaction of a certain Jazz fan if MCW wins ROY haha

I wonder who...
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#143 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

god help us if MCW doesn't win ROY due to the media's ignorant agenda against the Sixers losing streak.

General Board will be merciless
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,860

Post#144 » by Phila Tough » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:god help us if MCW doesn't win ROY due to the media's ignorant agenda against the Sixers losing streak.

General Board will be merciless

They will be merciless regardless
underpressure
Analyst
And1: 239

Post#145 » by underpressure » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Hate comes with respect. :D You have to take it with a grain of salt. Once the Sixers are able to establish themselves as one of the top tier teams, it would have come nonetheless. Still, mostly it is hilarious I have to admit.

We are not the good ol' Sixers anymore who got regularly smashed in the first-round and who were completely satisfied with that outcome. Some people may not come in grips with that.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#146 » by Agnostifarian » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Someone else on this board already mentioned this but signing Lebron and a Buddy this summer after the Tank would be one bold move! People would be very angry.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Los5782
Junior
And1: 213

Post#147 » by Los5782 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:Someone else on this board already mentioned this but signing Lebron and a Buddy this summer after the Tank would be one bold move! People would be very angry.

Any 6er fan who would be upset at a signing of Lebron, would be mind blowing, we could be winning champions as soon as within the next 2 seasons, & then with our 4 lotto picks still be competing later on too. We could be contenders immediately & 6-8 years from now, Dynasty move. I did it on 2K too lol, picked up Lebron in FA after he opted out , have been winning chips past decade, now lebron is 35-6 or something & declined to like a 92-2, worked on nerlens weight got him to 250lbs, N got him mean post game he's a 99 rating, MCW, is like 31-32 & like a 92-3, I had traded for barnes & kawhi leonard there both in ths 90s + , i ran a small lineup of MCW, Leonard, Barnes, Lebron & Noels. Replace Barnes & Leonard with our 2 upcoming lottery picks, DYNASTY lol. This post is meant to be humorous , but seriously signing the best player in the world in his prime would be a great move, especially with him liking to distribute & make plays he would have a lot of young athletic talent around him. Also I believe Lebron will age well, he doesn't depend purely on athleticism
MCDubz-?-KD/Lebron-Noel-Embiid SixerNation!
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#148 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Speaking of year end NBA Awards, I am going to the General Board to nominate Sam Hinkie as Executive of the Year due to his brilliant trades, roster management and salary cap positioning. What's more is that he picked the two best players in the 2013 draft, likely has two top 10 picks in the stacked 2014 draft class and has made the Philly Core the envy of every fan that doesn't live in OKC. Sam has also instituted a modern philosophical approach stressing analytics and player development.

If I have left anything out, please let me know. In Sam we trust.
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#149 » by Kobblehead » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:Speaking of year end NBA Awards, I am going to the General Board to nominate Sam Hinkie as Executive of the Year due to his brilliant trades, roster management and salary cap positioning. What's more is that he picked the two best players in the 2013 draft, likely has two top 10 picks in the stacked 2014 draft class and has made the Philly Core the envy of every fan that doesn't live in OKC. Sam has also instituted a modern philosophical approach stressing analytics and player development.

That's premature. Any GM (with ownership backing) can break down a roster. You get praise when you build it back up.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#150 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Agnostifarian wrote:Speaking of year end NBA Awards, I am going to the General Board to nominate Sam Hinkie as Executive of the Year due to his brilliant trades, roster management and salary cap positioning. What's more is that he picked the two best players in the 2013 draft, likely has two top 10 picks in the stacked 2014 draft class and has made the Philly Core the envy of every fan that doesn't live in OKC. Sam has also instituted a modern philosophical approach stressing analytics and player development.

That's premature. Any GM (with ownership backing) can break down a roster. You get praise when you build it back up.

Ahhh,... Well the way I see it, that gives Sam a chance to string together multiple Exec of the Year Awards!

Kobble, put yourself in the shoes of an NBA owner. If you could trade your FO, coaching staff, entire roster, draft picks and salary cap flexibility to Philly in exchange for our situation, how many team situations would you stand pat with? Only OKC, IMO.

Next, think about what your answer to the same question would have been one year ago. To me, Sam Hinkie gets most of that credit and if I haven't persuaded you, please be specific and tell me which executive has done better over the past 12 months.
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#151 » by SJSF » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

I just like the fact that this Organization wasn't going to drink their own koolaid and think that they were close with Jrue, Iggy, Hawes and turner. 4 decent players that win you 35-40 games.
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#152 » by SJSF » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Also it takes a lucky lottery picks and cap room to be good. Being a GM isn't have the job of a coach.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#153 » by Kobblehead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

Hinkie has definitely positioned himself to get major longterm praise once everything takes shape.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers