ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1881 » by MRxBLACK » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 am

Noel has been in more trade proposals by his team's fans than any other talented young player I have ever seen. Proof defensive oriented players are criminally underrated.
ESPN Sucks
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Re: Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1882 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:49 am

MRxBLACK wrote:Noel has been in more trade proposals by his team's fans than any other talented young player I have ever seen. Proof defensive oriented players are criminally underrated.
false. I just rate okafor higher and know they can't coexist unless noel developes a shot. Ibaka would fit perfect and Beal would be allowed 100 percent freedom.
blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#1883 » by blackham9258 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:46 am

Jazz fan here, I think a trade of Trey Burke would be perfect for both teams.

Jazz Send Burke & Grant Jarrett

For

Okc pick owed to you this year

Jazz get a pick and turn the reins completely over to Dante.

You guys get a leader and starting caliber point guard. A former national player of the year who is young enough to grow with your young core. Many in Jazz land think he will become a starter and will hit his stride in years 3-5 like Jeff Teague in Atlanta did and that we should wait and maximize his value later. I think Dante is our future and dont want divided loyalties and minutes starting now. I also want to see Trey get another short at starting. I think I am being reasonable for expectations of his current value.

Someone like Trey can grow with your team but he won't necessarily push you too high in the standings such that you jeopardize another high pick next year and I think someone like Ty Lawson would do that.

Thoughts?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1884 » by BullyKing » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 am

Not interested in giving up a first for Burke even a bad one like OKC.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#1885 » by marcush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:49 am

blackham9258 wrote:Jazz fan here, I think a trade of Trey Burke would be perfect for both teams.

For

You guys get a leader and starting caliber point guard. A former national player of the year who is young enough to grow with your young core. Many in Jazz land think he will become a starter and will hit his stride in years 3-5 like Jeff Teague in Atlanta did and that we should wait and maximize his value later. I think Dante is our future and dont want divided loyalties and minutes starting now. I also want to see Trey get another short at starting. I think I am being reasonable for expectations of his current value.

Someone like Trey can grow with your team but he won't necessarily push you too high in the standings such that you jeopardize another high pick next year and I think someone like Ty Lawson would do that.

Thoughts?

How about a couple of 2nd rounders?

Utah clears the way for Exum and we give Burke the opportunity to prove he belongs in the NBA (or at least until we get a talented PG).
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1886 » by Ericb5 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 am

blackham9258 wrote:Jazz fan here, I think a trade of Trey Burke would be perfect for both teams.

For

Thoughts?

Without looking up the salary situation with Jarett, I would do this deal.

The Okc pick is not likely to be higher than 20 next year and Burke has some talent.

We need to upgrade the point guard position somehow this year, and this sounds like a good option to me.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1887 » by BullyKing » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:38 pm

We really don't NEED to upgrade the point guard position this year.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#1888 » by BlackKnight » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:52 pm

My concern with Burke is that he only has 2 years left on his rookie contract. We could probably grab a PG with a similar ceiling to Burke with OKC pick but with an extra 3 years on his contract.
Ericb5
RealGM

Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1889 » by Ericb5 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:23 pm

BullyKing wrote:We really don't NEED to upgrade the point guard position this year.

I think that we might need to. It isn't about winning more game, but I think that we need at least competent point guard play to get the most out of our bigs.

For the development of Okafor we need to get him the ball in the rift spots with time on the clock.

I like Burke.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1890 » by Sportfan73 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:14 pm

The first round picks this year are to valuable because of the rookie scale and the cap jumping. If we hit on 3 out of four as long term players here (role players included) we have TONS of cap flexibility for the cap jump.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#1891 » by ckchen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 pm

BullyKing wrote:Not interested in giving up a first for Burke even a bad one like OKC.

Agreed. I think people seem to forget that even a couple of months prior to the draft we were sure we were going to have 2 possibly 3 1st round picks and it ended up being only the 1 pick. Trading any first round picks for questionable value at this point makes no sense. That OKC is one Durant/Westbrook injury away from being a mid-first round pick again. Or there's always the unlikely scenario that we only end up with the 1 of these 4 picks conveying this year - you really just never know. If Utah wants to dump Burke for some spare parts or a 2nd rounder (and frankly, none of our 2nd round picks really even look that bad (they are all DEN, PHI, NYK, and BKN picks for the next 5 years) - so there's no guaranteed "low" 2nd rounder to throw into this deal either.

Also zero interest for Jerrett on a team already overloaded with forwards - especially since he comes with a 1st round contract in tow.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1892 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 pm

How about Embiid , Landry and Thompson to Washington wizards for Beal and a 1st.

Wizards get to rehab a high upside big man like Embiid in which could give them the best opportunity to become a legit contender pair with His buddy John Wall. Landry is a solid rotational big . Hollis is a Georgetown Alumni,

Philly gets a legit young nba talent who can shoot in Beal who can play lead guard and flourish without wall.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1893 » by Foshan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:How about Embiid , Landry and Thompson to Washington wizards for Beal and a 1st.

Wizards get to rehab a high upside big man like Embiid in which could give them the best opportunity to become a legit contender pair with His buddy John Wall. Landry is a solid rotational big . Hollis is a Georgetown Alumni,

Philly gets a legit young nba talent who can shoot in Beal who can play lead guard and flourish without wall.

I'd rather we draft two stud wings next year in the draft, and then trade cap space and a slew of future picks for john wall to come here. :)
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1894 » by Foshan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:How about Embiid , Landry and Thompson to Washington wizards for Beal and a 1st.

I'd rather we draft two stud wings next year in the draft, and then trade cap space and a slew of future picks for john wall to come here. :)
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#1895 » by SparksFly87 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:52 pm

Foshan wrote:

I like beal for this team more than wall. Beal has a nice stroke and can get to the rim.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1896 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 am

Noel for Beal straight up with a 5 year extention for Beal
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1897 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 am

I would throw Beal into a steph curry type role
Ericb5
RealGM

Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1898 » by Ericb5 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:31 am

Sportfan73 wrote:Noel for Beal straight up with a 5 year extention for Beal

If Embiid was totally healthy and Okafor and Embiid had played for a year together and played well then I might do that deal.

Seeing as Embiid is a total unknown though, we can't be trading Noel.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Re: 

Post#1899 » by MRxBLACK » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:03 am

Sportfan73 wrote:Noel for Beal straight up with a 5 year extention for Beal

Not once in Beal's three seasons has he surpassed any of Noel's rookie VORP, BPM, PER, or Win Share numbers. Noel is a better player. Any trade involving him should be returning a bonafide stud.
ESPN Sucks
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach

Post#1900 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm

this team talks about flexibility a lot . We should give Anthony Bennett a chance . He could be a great fit as a bench scorer or project we can transform into a swing man with his shooting skills. Bennett could make Saric more expendable in the future.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers