TigerInYourTank
Senior
And1: 198

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1241 » by TigerInYourTank » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
I don't think they would even do it with the cap space alone. But yes, if they are going to blow up their future cap space for a guy with no menicsus, I would expect them not to also take on 23m in deadweight of Amare.

Let's not exaggerate, here. Removing a very small part of a meniscus is not that huge of a deal. I had it done very early on in my Marine Corps Infantry days, and I dealt with it just fine for nearly a decade. Yes, I have injury concerns over Bledsoe. No, I am not ready to call him out as having a deteriorating knee without some very hard evidence. Do you, or should I look just a bit harder online for what you are claiming?

My understanding is even the removal of a small portion of it is viewed as serious considering the wear and tear and rigors associated with NBA play; although the size of the area removed is very important.

Considering his knee injury has already repeated before then, I would say it is a big red flag and Bledsoe's fit, talent and contract window don't match up well enough to be worth it.

No, it is quite common for a meniscus to be shaved, slightly, and for that to be considered a partial removal.

I agree about the possible poor contract window fit, but not on the other issues, and it's the perception of a big red flag that makes him available. The team that knows him best is offering $12 million/year. I think the Sixers could more than stomach that for some SHOOTING++. Maybe the team could sit him a year to help "everything" heal? :wink:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,726

Post#1242 » by the_process » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 am

No to Bledsoe. The Sixers would be paying him 15m per (he won't sign right now for less than that) wasting cap room for a guy who would make them better enough to lose out on a top pick but not nearly good enough to make the playoffs. Plus he basically plays the same position as MCW and while they can be defensively interchangeable, both need the ball in their hands to be effective on offense. None of that even touches on his recurring knee injuries. So I'm giving the Facebook rumor a big thumbs down.
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#1243 » by Mr Sixer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:34 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
Let's not exaggerate, here. Removing a very small part of a meniscus is not that huge of a deal. I had it done very early on in my Marine Corps Infantry days, and I dealt with it just fine for nearly a decade. Yes, I have injury concerns over Bledsoe. No, I am not ready to call him out as having a deteriorating knee without some very hard evidence. Do you, or should I look just a bit harder online for what you are claiming?

My understanding is even the removal of a small portion of it is viewed as serious considering the wear and tear and rigors associated with NBA play; although the size of the area removed is very important.

Considering his knee injury has already repeated before then, I would say it is a big red flag and Bledsoe's fit, talent and contract window don't match up well enough to be worth it.

No, it is quite common for a meniscus to be shaved, slightly, and for that to be considered a partial removal.

I agree about the possible poor contract window fit, but not on the other issues, and it's the perception of a big red flag that makes him available. The team that knows him best is offering $12 million/year. I think the Sixers could more than stomach that for some SHOOTING++. Maybe the team could sit him a year to help "everything" heal? :wink:

You might wanna stop spamming this Bledsoe nonsense in every post you make on this board. We're not going to sign Bledsoe, he doesn't fit with anything Hinkie is trying to do in roster fit, cap flexibility, or many many other reasons that I could list. There's a 0 percent chance it's going to happen and you writing about it definitely won't improve those chances.
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1244 » by TigerInYourTank » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

You might wanna stop spamming this Bledsoe nonsense in every post you make on this board. We're not going to sign Bledsoe, he doesn't fit with anything Hinkie is trying to do in roster fit, cap flexibility, or many many other reasons that I could list. There's a 0 percent chance it's going to happen and you writing about it definitely won't improve those chances.

Yo, Mr Sixer, are you Hinkie? Secondly, I tried to make it clear in the very first post I made in this thread that I had posted it elsewhere.

Let's try to contribute to the discussion, m'kay, by recognizing what the Sixers lack in their quest for a great team. Unless you are Hinkie or have some direct influence on him, my opinion is just as lame as yours, sir.
Cokeleaf
Senior
And1: 131

Post#1245 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 am

It's always interesting to hear from the more "visionary" and set-minded members who seem to be stuck on an idea.

For the record, I don't see Bledsoe being part of the Sixers future.

#offseasonramblings
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1246 » by TigerInYourTank » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:03 am

Cokeleaf wrote:It's always interesting to hear from the more "visionary" and set-minded members who seem to be stuck on an idea.

For the record, I don't see Bledsoe being part of the Sixers future.

#offseasonramblings

Yes, I guess it's more of a thought experiment. What if lottery reform happens and it makes no difference whether the team wins 12 or 28 games? What does the team need most, now and in the intermediate future, to win games? Who is available, etc?

Anyway, I am more than happy to let the idea die, but let it die with some honor, please (not addressing you, Cokeleaf, in this last part).
Cokeleaf
Senior

Post#1247 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 am

TigerInYourTank wrote:Yes, I guess it's more of a thought experiment. What if lottery reform happens and it makes no difference whether the team wins 12 or 28 games? What does the team need most, now and in the intermediate future, to win games? Who is available, etc?

While if lottery reform does take place it is a huge blow to Sixers and more of a blessing to the teams that are trying to tank under the radar (Boston comes to mind first, from last season). It's not the end of the world.

Thing is, signing players to multi-year guaranteed $10m+/year contracts destroys cap flexibility. Sixers need to sign the "Super Star" before they sign the "pieces" to go around him
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1248 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 pm

I tend to agree with cokeleaf above. Sixers need a STUD player. There's no guarantee Embiid turns into the franchise guy we all want to see. So IMO you use Embiid/Noel/MCW as building pieces to go around a Max Free agent superstar in the coming years, and in the meantime hope that one of the young guys or draft picks turns into another superstar.

I don't think you need to be wasting cap space on complementary pieces until you have THE guy first.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Cokeleaf
Senior

Post#1249 » by Cokeleaf » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:30 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:I tend to agree with cokeleaf above. Sixers need a STUD player. There's no guarantee Embiid turns into the franchise guy we all want to see. So IMO you use Embiid/Noel/MCW as building pieces to go around a Max Free agent superstar in the coming years, and in the meantime hope that one of the young guys or draft picks turns into another superstar.

I don't think you need to be wasting cap space on complementary pieces until you have THE guy first.

Niiice
Mr Sixer
Banned User

Post#1250 » by Mr Sixer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:

Yo, Mr Sixer, are you Hinkie? Secondly, I tried to make it clear in the very first post I made in this thread that I had posted it elsewhere.

Let's try to contribute to the discussion, m'kay, by recognizing what the Sixers lack in their quest for a great team. Unless you are Hinkie or have some direct influence on him, my opinion is just as lame as yours, sir.

No I'm not Mr. Hinkie, I'm Mr. Common Sense. What the Sixers lack in their quest for a great team is not another point guard. What the Sixers definitely don't lack in their quest for a great team is offering a max contract to a player who doesn't deserve one and then proceeding to try a ridiculous 2 point guard backcourt where neither players are particularly good 3 point shooters. On top of that playing Bledsoe at the 2 will totally eliminate MCW's height advantage.
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1251 » by TigerInYourTank » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:You might wanna stop spamming this Bledsoe nonsense in every post you make on this board. We're not going to sign Bledsoe, he doesn't fit with anything Hinkie is trying to do in roster fit, cap flexibility, or many many other reasons that I could list. There's a 0 percent chance it's going to happen and you writing about it definitely won't improve those chances.

No I'm not Mr. Hinkie, I'm Mr. Common Sense. What the Sixers lack in their quest for a great team is not another point guard. What the Sixers definitely don't lack in their quest for a great team is offering a max contract to a player who doesn't deserve one and then proceeding to try a ridiculous 2 point guard backcourt where neither players are particularly good 3 point shooters. On top of that playing Bledsoe at the 2 will totally eliminate MCW's height advantage.

You might want to do a little more homework before you start calling yourself Mr Common Sense. The only thing you said that makes sense is the not offering a max contract part, which no one has offered. No one is completely sure what Bledsoe will play for.
Mr Sixer
Banned User

Post#1252 » by Mr Sixer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:14 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:
TigerInYourTank wrote:

You might want to do a little more homework before you start calling yourself Mr Common Sense. The only thing you said that makes sense is the not offering a max contract part, which no one has offered. No one is completely sure what Bledsoe will play for.

I've done plenty of homework.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /14467521/

Bledsoe has said multiple times he is seeking a max deal. As you can see from this article, he turned down a 12m per year contract, and is seeking his max deal which is 16m per year. If it is not a max deal we would offer him, then it is near max, because there is not much wiggle room from not accepting 12m per year to accepting 16m per. You're absolutely right that nobody has offered the max deal part, because he doesn't deserve it, which should prove to you that he is not as good as a player as you seem to think he is.

But hey, maybe you're right and you know more about GMing than Hinkie. Let's ruin all the progress we've made, rush the rebuild, throw a max deal at Bledsoe, another one at Monroe, trade Embiid and MCW for Josh Smith since MCW should be on the trading block and Embiid isn't playing this season and patience is for idiots and make the playoffs thus giving Boston our pick!
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1253 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
But hey, maybe you're right and you know more about GMing than Hinkie. Let's ruin all the progress we've made, rush the rebuild, throw a max deal at Bledsoe, another one at Monroe, trade Embiid and MCW for Josh Smith since MCW should be on the trading block and Embiid isn't playing this season and patience is for idiots and make the playoffs thus giving Boston our pick!

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1254 » by Foshan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:51 am

Hey Folks, lets play nice together, or the Mods will have to start issuing time-outs. We are all on same team. Lets present our differing views in an agreeable way.

Thanks,
Foshan
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1255 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 am

Apologies if my meme seemed inappropriate. It was just a joke. :)
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#1256 » by Phila Tough » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Apologies if my meme seemed inappropriate. It was just a joke. :)

A good one that i saved to into my phone to add to my arsenal :lol:
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1257 » by Foshan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:32 am

51X3RF4N wrote:Apologies if my meme seemed inappropriate. It was just a joke. :)

It was more the direction of the verbal back and forth that was becoming a bit more hostile than simply argumentative.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1258 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Foshan wrote:

It was more the direction of the verbal back and forth that was becoming a bit more hostile than simply argumentative.

Gotcha. Anyways...back on topic...

What kind of value does everyone think a package of MCW and the rights to Saric has? Is there a PG out there who you would rather have developing with Embiid/Noel?

Or is there a SG you would want to trade for, and then try to draft Mudiay at PG?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
TigerInYourTank
Senior

Post#1259 » by TigerInYourTank » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:45 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
What kind of value does everyone think a package of MCW and the rights to Saric has? Is there a PG out there who you would rather have developing with Embiid/Noel?

Or is there a SG you would want to trade for, and then try to draft Mudiay at PG?

My vote is to consider having 2 PGs, as long as one can really shoot well and one can defend bigger guards. If MCW hasn't figured that out by end of next season and Mudiay/Hezonja/whomever hasn't shown that they can space the floor, then I think it makes sense to see what can be had for the pick or MCW.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#1260 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm

TigerInYourTank wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:

My vote is to consider having 2 PGs, as long as one can really shoot well and one can defend bigger guards. If MCW hasn't figured that out by end of next season and Mudiay/Hezonja/whomever hasn't shown that they can space the floor, then I think it makes sense to see what can be had for the pick or MCW.

And what PG is out there that can "really shoot well", and would have a legit chance of being traded for?
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers