Re: General 76ers Thread 

Post#941 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:17 pm

ESPN Sucks
Krash94
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#942 » by Krash94 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Wow he said Timmy was 276 pounds. 276??????
AKA Doing Wrong @ButSpeakinRight

"Not what Philadelphia is doing right now, which is embarrassing," -Stan Van Gundy
"But dem Pistons tho"- Krash
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,542

Post#943 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:41 pm

MRxBLACK wrote:They posted the interview: http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150628-brown-radio

New assistant is already hired but not announced.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#944 » by PhilasFinest » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:49 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
MRxBLACK wrote:They posted the interview: http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150628-brown-radio

Think its Eddie Jordan??
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
HartfordWhalers

Post#945 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:49 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Think its Eddie Jordan??

In a word: No.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#946 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Krash94 wrote:Wow he said Timmy was 276 pounds. 276??????

He's 7 feet tall, it's not huge. His normal playing weight is probably close to 260.
HartfordWhalers

Post#947 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:56 pm

BTW: do we want a new general thread or just roll this one on over?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#948 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:55 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:BTW: do we want a new general thread or just roll this one on over?

Roll it! Roll it! Roll it!

Also, to comment on a post from above....

SparksFly87 wrote:I get depressed thinking about how great the 76ers could of been this year is they kept they drafted Cousins instead of Turner and never traded for Bynum.

Cousins- head case who took this long to turn into a stud/ Speights - head case who never plays defense
Vucevic- would've needed to get in the game first/ Thad Young- would've taken Vuc's playing time
Iguadol- injuries since leaving town/ Harkless
Korver
Jrue- often injured since leaving town/ Lou Williams

I understand the sentiment, and things may have turned out quite differently if it was Cousins or even Favors over Turner. But I don't think that lineup you listed above would've eventually come together.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#949 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:58 pm

That was a good interview, I could listen to Brett Brown talk in whatever accent that is forever.

HartfordWhalers wrote:BTW: do we want a new general thread or just roll this one on over?

Up to you. Only at 48 pages, although hopefully it serves more of a purpose this year.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#950 » by MRxBLACK » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:19 pm

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150629-martin-hired

One hire that Coach was talking about.
ESPN Sucks
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#951 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The new NBA deal is for 9 years starting next year. And it's worth 24 billion to the NBA.
The expected salary cap in the first year of the deal is expected to go up to $89 million and the following year it
could be as high as $100-110 million.

So if Embiid, Noel and Okfor all work out and the 76ers wanted to keep them. If Hinkie exercises financial restraint
he could potentially match any offer that is thrown at each of these guys after their rookie contract has expired and still
have money left over to pay other players?

Therefore the collection of assets (especially high potential superstar rookies) is extremely important because the clause allowing you to match anything they are offered after their rookie contract basically locks them into your team. Correct?

So developing and cultivating your own rookies is now more important than ever. Having high draft picks is going to be worth more than ever because every team will have money but not every team will have the right to match!

Does anyone know how much an individual player will be able to make as it relates to their years in the league. I hear the term Max player tossed around a lot but a Max for one player and a Max for another player are two different numbers depending on years of service correct?

Thanks in advance for any insight or corrections.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#952 » by Jstock12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 pm

This is offtopic, but I think Sixers will be doing a rebrand sooner rather than later. Not because the current logo/uniforms are bad, but because the brand itself has been tarnished by this rebuild. This whole tanking thing has really hurt it. I am a European outsider, so I think I am quite objective - whenever I stumble upon your logo or a player with your jersey, I think of a 'loser', 'mess' etc. These are the associations I get.

Just wanted to throw this out there.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#953 » by mksp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The new NBA deal is for 9 years starting next year. And it's worth 24 billion to the NBA.
The expected salary cap in the first year of the deal is expected to go up to $89 million and the following year it
could be as high as $100-110 million.

So if Embiid, Noel and Okfor all work out and the 76ers wanted to keep them. If Hinkie exercises financial restraint
he could potentially match any offer that is thrown at each of these guys after their rookie contract has expired and still
have money left over to pay other players?

Therefore the collection of assets (especially high potential superstar rookies) is extremely important because the clause allowing you to match anything they are offered after their rookie contract basically locks them into your team. Correct?

So developing and cultivating your own rookies is now more important than ever. Having high draft picks is going to be worth more than ever because every team will have money but not every team will have the right to match!

Does anyone know how much an individual player will be able to make as it relates to their years in the league. I hear the term Max player tossed around a lot but a Max for one player and a Max for another player are two different numbers depending on years of service correct?

Thanks in advance for any insight or corrections.

Many others will be able to speak on this eloquently, but max contracts are based on a % of cap, so one team's ability to keep talent and / or pay an FA relative to another team's doesn't really change. Players are just going to make more, and players signing contracts this summer for multiple years may end up being paid at a discount relative to the new cap.

I know there are several CBA provisions that make it easier to keep your own players, and I'm sure that's a key part of Hinkie's plan, but the increasing salary cap shouldn't necessarily have an impact.

I think this is how it works anyway.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#954 » by MRxBLACK » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Jstock12 wrote:This is offtopic, but I think Sixers will be doing a rebrand sooner rather than later. Not because the current logo/uniforms are bad, but because the brand itself has been tarnished by this rebuild. This whole tanking thing has really hurt it. I am a European outsider, so I think I am quite objective - whenever I stumble upon your logo or a player with your jersey, I think of a 'loser', 'mess' etc. These are the associations I get.

Wins cure everything.
ESPN Sucks
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#955 » by Jstock12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 pm

MRxBLACK wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:This is offtopic, but I think Sixers will be doing a rebrand sooner rather than later. Not because the current logo/uniforms are bad, but because the brand itself has been tarnished by this rebuild. This whole tanking thing has really hurt it. I am a European outsider, so I think I am quite objective - whenever I stumble upon your logo or a player with your jersey, I think of a 'loser', 'mess' etc. These are the associations I get.

Wins cure everything.

Perhaps :)
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#956 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:22 am

The Clippers sold for 2 billion dollars last year
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#957 » by BNelley24 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 3:20 pm

Derek Bodner was on WIP this morning but I caught the tale end.
crow
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#958 » by crow » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:14 pm

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but the Raptors current jerseys don't exactly scream 'winner' either. In fact, none of their jerseys have ever made me thought of winning, because, ya know.... they've never won.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#959 » by Jstock12 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:56 pm

crow wrote:

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but the Raptors current jerseys don't exactly scream 'winner' either. In fact, none of their jerseys have ever made me thought of winning, because, ya know.... they've never won.

Your post just furthers my point. That's why they're rebranding.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#960 » by Foshan » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:59 pm

so you can either continually rebrand... or turn your team into a winner, and have your brand become associated with winning...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers