ImageImageImage

Dario Saric: The Prince That Was Promised (thread renamed 7/14/16)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Saric
Freshman
And1: 20

Re: Falling for Dario Naharis.. I mean, Dario Saric. 

Post#1361 » by Saric » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 am

Šarić will need time for adjustment. Don't look only his age, Manu was 2 yers older when he came in NBA, and he still need 3 yers to become great player. And if we draft Simmons or Ingrid, and Embiid is healthy, we will have on frontcourt Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Ingram/Simmons, al player who will need at least 25-30 minutes per game(Okafor and Noel probably 35) + players with NBA experience like Grant and Covington. I don't see much time for Dario. He was stupid to not came 2 yers ago. He shouldn't listen his father.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#1362 » by freshie2 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:54 pm

For some reason, I don't worry about saric fitting in, I tend to think about how the spurs blend all those smart and versatile players into a consistent contender. The Sixers are very close to facing a very nice "problem".
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#1363 » by joyeuxnoel » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:01 pm

tk76 wrote:I don't think anyone is suggesting Saric should be considered as a prospect on the tier of Embiid/Okafor/Noel. But on the flip side, the fact that he is coming over at age 22 (we hope) means that he should be able to reach his prime within 1-2 years. So I'm hoping he can really step in and make an impact- in the same way that guys like Ish and Covington made an immediate impact because they joined the team at age 24+ instead of the raw 20 year olds who fill the roster (but with a higher long term ceiling than any of those guys.)

Saric is not going to be their cornerstone star. But that does not preclude him from being a guy who really helps raise them to a playoff level team (especially if Embiid gives them somethings.)

I'm guardedly optimistic that a core of Ish/Covington/Saric/Okafor/Noel/Embiid(in small doses) + #1 pick and a mid level type signing pushes this team to 40+ wins next year and then maybe much higher from there. I think they very well could be better than the Celtics/Magic are this year (.500 teams) and probably resemble this year's Pistons as a sort of god and dangerous young team, but with a higher ceiling. That is definitely what Colangelo is thinking- which is important.

That means the team is going to look completely different next year... and I think Saric will jump off the screen in terms of that improvement because he can do so many things with the ball.

ied say saric is a much better prospect than noel coming out. Noel was a raw athletic defensive big man, and honestly hes improved alot since then but thats not saying much because hes still very raw

Saric is better than noel at everything but rim protection
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
joyeuxnoel
Bench Warmer
And1: 699

Post#1364 » by joyeuxnoel » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Saric wrote:Šarić will need time for adjustment. Don't look only his age, Manu was 2 yers older when he came in NBA, and he still need 3 yers to become great player. And if we draft Simmons or Ingrid, and Embiid is healthy, we will have on frontcourt Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Ingram/Simmons, al player who will need at least 25-30 minutes per game(Okafor and Noel probably 35) + players with NBA experience like Grant and Covington. I don't see much time for Dario. He was stupid to not came 2 yers ago. He shouldn't listen his father.

The dario we drafted couldnt shoot or play defense

The dario today is a pretty good defender and a much better shooter than he was 2 years ago.

We'll never know how much better he'd be in the NBA had he joined 2 years ago, but its not like he didnt waste those 2 years.
Embiid-Simmons-Covington

Fire Colangelo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#1365 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Also having Dario on a rookie deal from age 22-26 is much more valuable than 20-24
hawks91
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1366 » by hawks91 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

i was at the cedevita- efes game last thursday...dario was staying with the guards that attacked off the dribble...energetic, kinda messed up in the end but still i really love the way he plays
given his skills and selflessness, and most of all his on court attitude i'm sure he will become a valuable player in the nba, never a star but the coaches will love him
www.sanh.hr
Zagreb Hawks
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#1367 » by tk76 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:41 pm

hawks91 wrote:i was at the cedevita- efes game last thursday...dario was staying with the guards that attacked off the dribble...energetic

Thanks for the update. there has been a lot of debate about whether his defense has improved and whether he can stay with anyone while guarding the perimeter. Many assume he is lead footed, but I think he looks slimmed down and quicker this year. I guess we will find out next year whether he can guard i space.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,811

Post#1368 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 am

Saric wrote:Manu was 2 yers older when he came in NBA, and he still need 3 yers to become great player.

Manu was good right away, it just took until his 3rd year for him to become a star. We should all be thrilled if we get something like rookie Manu within Saric's first couple of years.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#1369 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Can dario play the 3 in the nba?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1370 » by 51X3RF4N » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Can dario play the 3 in the nba?

I doubt it. Not athletic enough or quick enough on defense. And not a good enough first step or handle to get past defenders. He's a stretch 4 with some skill down low. A hustler, team player, 6th man type. Probably score 10-12ppg career average, 4-5rpg, and 2-3apg. He's a glue-guy though. Keep the team together and make the smart/right play.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,792

Post#1371 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 pm

7 points in tough win against Malaga
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#1372 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Also having Dario on a rookie deal from age 22-26 is much more valuable than 20-24

You know what, that's actually a terrific point.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,811

Post#1373 » by HotelVitale » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:02 pm

UcanUwill wrote:7 points in tough win against Malaga

Looks like he only played 15 minutes and took 5 shots to get his 7pts. The game description mentions he had a couple of key plays though.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,792

Post#1374 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:19 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:7 points in tough win against Malaga

Looks like he only played 15 minutes and took 5 shots to get his 7pts. The game description mentions he had a couple of key plays though.

He played las 5 minutes and made very important 2 pointer.
RicardoQuaresma
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#1375 » by RicardoQuaresma » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:00 am

Today in euroleague match against panathinaikos, 24min, 18pts, 5/5 for2, 1/4 for3, 5/5ft, 6rbs.
▄▀ █▓ █░ ██ ▀█▀ ▄▀ █▀ :roll:
▀▄ █▓ █▄ ▐▌ ▄█▄ ▀▄ ▄ 8-)
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#1376 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 am

I've thought about this quite a bit. And I don't know if I ever read this somewhere or if I thought of it but Saric to me seems like a European Draymond Green.

Pretty similar in size
Gifted passers
Fierce competitors
Not overly athletic

It takes a player as good as Steph Curry to make Green look as good as he does, even though he is very good in his own right. I think Saric will be a beast if he has the right people around him
Kirk Van Houten
Junior
And1: 116

Post#1377 » by Kirk Van Houten » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:51 am

76thBearCub wrote:I've thought about this quite a bit. And I don't know if I ever read this somewhere or if I thought of it but Saric to me seems like a European Draymond Green.

Pretty similar in size
Gifted passers
Fierce competitors
Not overly athletic

It takes a player as good as Steph Curry to make Green look as good as he does, even though he is very good in his own right. I think Saric will be a beast if he has the right people around him

Not a bad comparison actually. He posses all those skills it's just if they translate to the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1378 » by tsmith » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 am

76thBearCub wrote:I've thought about this quite a bit. And I don't know if I ever read this somewhere or if I thought of it but Saric to me seems like a European Draymond Green.

Pretty similar in size
Gifted passers
Fierce competitors
Not overly athletic

What makes Draymond Draymond is his ability to defend all 5 positions. Unfortunately dario doesnt posses this.
Kirk Van Houten
Junior
And1: 116

Post#1379 » by Kirk Van Houten » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:30 pm

He is a very versatile defender but no way can he defend the quicker guards or monsters centres.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#1380 » by jbent87 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 pm

t_smith979 wrote:

Pretty similar in size
Gifted passers
Fierce competitors
Not overly athletic

What makes Draymond Draymond is his ability to defend all 5 positions. Unfortunately dario doesnt posses this.

which in turn, stuffs the stat sheet where at the end of the night you look up and he has 19-12-15. Saric isn't gonna approach beastly rebound numbers, although if we're saying he's not a 3 and will be playing the stretch 4, some nights he may fall into them I suppose.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers