ImageImageImage

2014-2015 College Basketball / '15 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Airnick15
Ballboy
And1: 4

Re: 2014-2015 College Basketball / '15 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#3061 » by Airnick15 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:32 am

So I think we have learned that davidwho76er wouldn't draft anybody who played today.
davidwho76er
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#3062 » by davidwho76er » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:26 am

Wow. Looks like I was way way off on my upset prediction of Eastern Washington over Georgetown.
109876ersFan
Junior
And1: 31

Post#3063 » by 109876ersFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:20 pm

God russel was good, I think he only had one assist but he deserved 7. He made some great passes, hopefully he can keep it up vs Arizona.
HollisThompsonIsGoat
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#3064 » by SparksFly87 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Russell is going to be a top 2 or 3 shooting guard in the nba for years . He is really that good. He is a deadly scorer. Monta Ellis is his floor.
davidwho76er
Banned User

Post#3065 » by davidwho76er » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:22 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Russell is going to be a top 2 or 3 shooting guard in the nba for years . He is really that good. He is a deadly scorer. Monta Ellis is his floor.

Great SG in the Pro's has to have a quick release, or be able to come off screens and or be able to catch & shoot. Both of which Russell cannot do. He CAN make shots off pull up's with the ball...that he can do. But that is not enough cause pure NBA SG's do not handle the ball much. Also, considering the type of athletic team we have been building, and the total up-tempo pace Brown likes to play, how would a woefully bad Athlete like Deangelo Russell, who has never played in a up-tempo offense, how would he fit in with this Sixers squad ? Fact is...he wouldn't.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#3066 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:43 pm

davidwho76er wrote:
SparksFly87 wrote:Russell is going to be a top 2 or 3 shooting guard in the nba for years . He is really that good. He is a deadly scorer. Monta Ellis is his floor.

Great SG in the Pro's has to have a quick release, or be able to come off screens and or be able to catch & shoot. Both of which Russell cannot do. He CAN make shots off pull up's with the ball...that he can do. But that is not enough cause pure NBA SG's do not handle the ball much. Also, considering the type of athletic team we have been building, and the total up-tempo pace Brown likes to play, how would a woefully bad Athlete like Deangelo Russell, who has never played in a up-tempo offense, how would he fit in with this Sixers squad ? Fact is...he wouldn't.

Russell has a very quick release. What are you watching?
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
davidwho76er
Banned User

Post#3067 » by davidwho76er » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
davidwho76er wrote:

Well the games. Not to mention the multiple of professional scouting reports, like at DX and NBAdraft.net who also say the same thing. There, does that answer your question ?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#3068 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:53 pm

davidwho76er wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
davidwho76er wrote:

Well the games. Not to mention the multiple of professional scouting reports, like at DX and NBAdraft.net who also say the same thing. There, does that answer your question ?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dangelo-russell

Shows good form on his shot and a quick release.

Being overconfident and wrong a lot is a bad combination.

You're going to need to change your act quickly, or your stay on this board will not be a long one.
davidwho76er
Banned User

Post#3069 » by davidwho76er » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
davidwho76er wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

You're going to need to change your act quickly, or your stay on this board will not be a long one.

Sorry but I don't need to change Jack. Okay, he has his opinion, and you yours, I never said differently. That snippet was also saying that Russell's quick release was on his pull up jumpers, which I said he can do. But, what about the other aspects of Russell's game ? His bad athleticism, his bad defense, his inability to play without the ball ? What about all those facts that you cannot disagree with ? Look, I like Russell. That seems to have gone right over your head. But what I am saying is based on the current type of squad that Coach Brown and Hinkie are building...Russell does not fit in here. Can you deny that ? And back it up with Facts ?

Thanks.
NJ SixerFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 951

Post#3070 » by NJ SixerFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 pm

It might be irrelevant when it's all said and done. Another win or two and the sixers reduce their chances of having a shot at any of the top 3 prospects this year anyway.
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#3071 » by FlightBrothers » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Bobby Portis looks like he can be a very good player. A rotation of Noel, Embiid and Portis could be pretty solid. I know some have hyped him before (I believe Negrodamus). Is he a player you look at with the Miami pick (if it falls 15 or 16) or more of an OKC slot pick (19-20)
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#3072 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:17 pm

davidwho76er wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
davidwho76er wrote:

Sorry but I don't need to change Jack. Okay, he has his opinion, and you yours, I never said differently. That snippet was also saying that Russell's quick release was on his pull up jumpers, which I said he can do. But, what about the other aspects of Russell's game ? His bad athleticism, his bad defense, his inability to play without the ball ? What about all those facts that you cannot disagree with ? Look, I like Russell. That seems to have gone right over your head. But what I am saying is based on the current type of squad that Coach Brown and Hinkie are building...Russell does not fit in here. Can you deny that ? And back it up with Facts?

Thanks.

Ironic that that will be the last thing you write for a while, given that you have never backed up anything you have said ever, even when someone provided a source that directly contradicted what you said. Not letting you make the board unreadable for another day.

Anyway, this thread seems like it's getting a tad long. Let's start a new one shall we?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers