ImageImageImage

Jordan McRae

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,595

Re: Jordan McRae 

Post#21 » by sixerswillrule » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 pm

He has the length of someone that is 6'8".
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#22 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:He has the length of someone that is 6'8".

Agree with this. 7'0 wingspan with 8'8" standing reach. Don't kill me on this, but on the court he plays like a smaller and dleague version of Durant (my way of saying he's not even star level; immunity LOL). He long, athletic, has insane range and would should over anyone. It's just that he doesn't have advanced skillset and he's pretty inconsistent.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BlackKnight
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#23 » by BlackKnight » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 pm

sixers23 wrote:
The Sixer Fixer wrote:
sixers23 wrote:they do not need to reach salary floor

Sure they do. They either need to spend it on players they add OR they need to give it to the guys on the roster at the end of the year if they don't reach it. They way they go about hitting it is up to them, but they do need to reach it. I really can't envision them giving guys like 2-3 million each as a bonus just to hit it. Like I said, they don't need to hit it before the season starts so that leaves open the potential to make a trade later in the year. Regardless, I still highly doubt they sign no one in FA and wind up keeping essentially four 2nd rd pick on the roster (counting Pierre Jackson even though he was a 2nd rd pick last year). Even on an awful team, that would be unheard of.

There's WAY more talented guys out there in FA that could be had on relatively cheap/short deals.

So you think they would just sign guys just to hit the floor? That would be awful management and not something Hinkie is likely to do

Hinkie won't sign guys to meet the floor, but he'll definitely take on salaries from other teams during free agency and the trade deadline to gain assets/1st & 2nd round picks. Similar to what he did during last year's trade deadline when he traded cap space for 2nd round picks. I think Hinkie will probably take on some salary considering all the buyers for the free agency class this year. Last year, the Jazz took on $24MM in salary from the Warriors for 2 unprotected 1st round picks and 3 2nd round picks. Imagine what Hinkie will be able to do with the $25MM in cap space we have, just to meet the salary floor. :o
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#24 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:25 pm

The Sixer Fixer wrote:
sixers23 wrote:they do not need to reach salary floor

Sure they do. They either need to spend it on players they add OR they need to give it to the guys on the roster at the end of the year if they don't reach it. They way they go about hitting it is up to them, but they do need to reach it. I really can't envision them giving guys like 2-3 million each as a bonus just to hit it. Like I said, they don't need to hit it before the season starts so that leaves open the potential to make a trade later in the year. Regardless, I still highly doubt they sign no one in FA and wind up keeping essentially four 2nd rd pick on the roster (counting Pierre Jackson even though he was a 2nd rd pick last year). Even on an awful team, that would be unheard of.

There's WAY more talented guys out there in FA that could be had on relatively cheap/short deals.

I think you answered your own question. They don't need to make an effort to reach it because it will be given to current players. Ultimately, it is a non-issue.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#25 » by LloydFree » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Jordan McRae has some work to do to make the team. He's not going to beat out Pierre Jackson. And though a lot of people don't like Anderson or Elliott Williams, they were better players coming out of college than Jordan McRae.

01. MC Williams
02. James Anderson
03. Hollis Thompson
04. Thadeus Young
05. Nerlens Noel
06. Tony Wroten
07. KJ McDaniels
08. Jerami Grant
09. Jarvis Vernado
10. Henry Sims
11. Pierre Jackson
12. Jason Richardson
13. Joel Embiid
14. Elliot Williams
15. Arnett Moultrie/Brandon Davies

Right now, Jordan McRae has to beat out Elliot Williams for the last slot. If they cut Moultrie/Davies they will probably sign a big. man. Being the 58th pick doesn't put you much higher than the guards they sign as undrafted free agents, so he could likely be sent to the NBDL.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#26 » by sixers23 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:12 pm

id much rather see what mcraes got than williams hes been out of college for years already and done nothing
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#27 » by LloydFree » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 pm

sixers23 wrote:id much rather see what mcraes got than williams hes been out of college for years already and done nothing

McRae will also probably have to beat out Free agent Sean Kilpatrick. Which won't be easy. Kilpatrick can play.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sgg001
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#28 » by sgg001 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Mik317 wrote:
The Sixer Fixer wrote:I seriously doubt he even makes the team.

pretty much

Disagree. He's the one young guy we have who can shoot and he's an above average athlete. Long arms. Had an excellent ncaa tournament. Was their best player. I like his upside more than Hollis Thompson and I'm a g'town fan.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#29 » by PhilasFinest » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:23 pm

LloydFree wrote:Jordan McRae has some work to do to make the team. He's not going to beat out Pierre Jackson. And though a lot of people don't like Anderson or Elliott Williams, they were better players coming out of college than Jordan McRae.

01. MC Williams
02. James Young
03. Hollis Thompson
04. Thadeus Young
05. Nerlens Noel
06. Tony Wroten
07. KJ McDaniels
08. Jerami Grant
09. Jarvis Vernado
10. Henry Thomas
11. Pierre Jackson
12. Jason Richardson
13. Joel Embiid
14. Elliot Williams

Right now, Jordan McRae has to beat out Elliot Williams for the last slot. If they cut Moultrie/Davies they will probably sign a big. man. Being the 58th pick doesn't put you much higher than the guards they sign as undrafted free agents, so he could likely be sent to the NBDL.

Who's James Young and Henry Thomas?
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:37 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Jordan McRae has some work to do to make the team. He's not going to beat out Pierre Jackson. And though a lot of people don't like Anderson or Elliott Williams, they were better players coming out of college than Jordan McRae.

01. MC Williams
02. James Young
03. Hollis Thompson
04. Thadeus Young
05. Nerlens Noel
06. Tony Wroten
07. KJ McDaniels
08. Jerami Grant
09. Jarvis Vernado
10. Henry Thomas
11. Pierre Jackson
12. Jason Richardson
13. Joel Embiid
14. Elliot Williams

Who's James Young and Henry Thomas?

:D Dam. Brain cramp. Anderson and Sims
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#31 » by Mik317 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Henry Thomas future
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#32 » by Winejk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 am

I liked what I saw of Jordan McRae from the first game of the LV Summer League. He didn't shoot all that well, but he was active all night on both offense and defense. He didn't really standout in any particular way, but he look solid all around. Let's see how he plays when Noel and hopefully McDaniels play.

It is going to be tough for him to make the roster even with James Anderson being released and Pierre Jackson getting injured, but something tells me he could be a productive NBA player.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#33 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:09 am

01. MC Williams
02. James Anderson
03. Hollis Thompson
04. Thadeus Young
05. Nerlens Noel
06. Tony Wroten
07. KJ McDaniels
08. Jerami Grant
09. Jarvis Vernado
10. Henry Sims
11. Pierre Jackson
12. Jason Richardson
13. Joel Embiid
14. Elliot Williams

Did Jackson ever sign a contract? We own his rights, and I assume the Sixers will be nice and pay for his medical stuff, but he is not on the the roster.
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#34 » by Hardcore6erFan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 am

You people are crazy about McRae not making the team. Dude is so legit and I agree with the guy above, he can be like a smaller and **** version of Durant, which is still really good. He was top 35 on my big board I don't know how he fell to 58. This should be the Sixers team.

MCW/Ware
Wroten/McRae/Richardson
Thompson/McDaniels/Sampson
Young/Grant/Roberts Jr/Moultrie
Noel/Sims/Embiid

That's 15
Cokeleaf
Senior
And1: 131

Post#35 » by Cokeleaf » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:39 am

Hardcore6erFan wrote:You people are crazy about McRae not making the team. Dude is so legit and I agree with the guy above, he can be like a smaller and **** version of Durant, which is still really good. He was top 35 on my big board I don't know how he fell to 58. This should be the Sixers team.

MCW/Ware
Wroten/McRae/Richardson
Noel/Sims/Embiid

That's 15

I like that squad
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#36 » by BoomBap » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 am

Cokeleaf wrote:
Hardcore6erFan wrote:You people are crazy about McRae not making the team. Dude is so legit and I agree with the guy above, he can be like a smaller and **** version of Durant, which is still really good. He was top 35 on my big board I don't know how he fell to 58. This should be the Sixers team.

MCW/Ware
Wroten/McRae/Richardson
Noel/Sims/Embiid

That's 15

I like that squad

Same here
Hardcore6erFan
Sixth Man
And1: 680

Post#37 » by Hardcore6erFan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 am

Forgot about Kilpatrick, he should make the team over Moultrie.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#38 » by LloydFree » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 am

Sixerscan wrote:

01. MC Williams
02. James Anderson
03. Hollis Thompson
04. Thadeus Young
05. Nerlens Noel
06. Tony Wroten
07. KJ McDaniels
08. Jerami Grant
09. Jarvis Vernado
10. Henry Sims
11. Pierre Jackson
12. Jason Richardson
13. Joel Embiid
14. Elliot Williams

Did Jackson ever sign a contract? We own his rights, and I assume the Sixers will be nice and pay for his medical stuff, but he is not on the the roster.

I wrote this before Jackson got hurt AND before James Anderson got cut. McRae is probably a favorite to make the team now.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#39 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm

I saw shades of JR Smith, albeit more active defensively. Certainly not gun shy, showed ability to score inside & out, was able to get to the line with ease. Decent ball handler with good speed & athleticism.

We'll see how he contributes through the rest of SL, but I was impressed with his contributions in his debut (considering he was taken at #58).
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#40 » by agiaco » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Not really sure I see anything very special about McRae. Might be a decent rotation guy in time, but that's about it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers