Around the League 2014-2015

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Re: Around the League 2014-2015 

Post#141 » by 76ersfan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:50 pm

EricYellowSnow wrote:
76ersfan wrote:I am puzzled that Monroe has not been signed. I think he was one of the best free agents going into free agency.

Monroe and Bledsoe are in a similar situation. They both want max contracts but no team has offered them one, the Pistons and Suns don't want to offer a max unless they have to match another team's offer.

This could be a long situation but eventually both sides need to compromise. Or each player could try to become unrestricted free agents next year

I feel that they both are close to Max players but are not yet. But eventually as you said both sides will have to agree to a deal eventually.
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#142 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:34 am

This is pure comedy....

The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/source-k ... is+herring
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#143 » by PhilasFinest » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 pm

76ersfan wrote:
EricYellowSnow wrote:
76ersfan wrote:I am puzzled that Monroe has not been signed. I think he was one of the best free agents going into free agency.

Monroe and Bledsoe are in a similar situation. They both want max contracts but no team has offered them one, the Pistons and Suns don't want to offer a max unless they have to match another team's offer.

This could be a long situation but eventually both sides need to compromise. Or each player could try to become unrestricted free agents next year

I feel that they both are close to Max players but are not yet. But eventually as you said both sides will have to agree to a deal eventually.

Yea i agree....Phoenix and Detroit are both playing it smart....there both RFA, so both teams have the luxury of sitting back and letting the market dictate there starting point in terms of salary negotiations.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ersfan
Pro Prospect

Post#144 » by 76ersfan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:12 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
76ersfan wrote:
EricYellowSnow wrote:

Yea i agree....Phoenix and Detroit are both playing it smart....there both RFA, so both teams have the luxury of sitting back and letting the market dictate there starting point in terms of salary negotiations.

Yep I agree.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,493

Post#145 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:29 pm

LeBron will wear #23 again. Kind of surprised considering switching numbers would increase jersey sales for Cavs fans who actually didn't burn their old LBJ jerseys.

Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
EricYellowSnow
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#146 » by EricYellowSnow » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:33 pm

anyone see Zach Lavine's dunks at the seatle pro-am :o :o
76ersfan
Pro Prospect

Post#147 » by 76ersfan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 pm

EricYellowSnow wrote:anyone see Zach Lavine's dunks at the seatle pro-am :o :o

Crazy hops. Saw it on ESPN.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,493

Post#148 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:31 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baoY0pddIR4[/youtube]

The behind-the-back dunk around 1:00 made my jaw drop. His dunks are really fluid and graceful. It would be a huge disappointment if he isn't in the slam dunk during the All-Star break.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,823

Post#149 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 pm

I'm just curious what you all would say:

In this trade scenario, who would say no first:

T'Wolves send: Love

Thunder send: Westbrook

Conventional thinking would be the Thunder, but I'm with the mindset that Westbrook and Durant don't coexist well. I think they put up the stats because they are phenomenal players, but the duel alpha dog mentality doesn't work against teams like the Spurs. I think the Thunder understand the T'Wolves desperation of getting value for Love while they have a chance and wouldn't want to trade for equal (in my eyes) value.

Love would thrive with Ibaka. The issue would be finding a good PG to replace the void.

What says you?
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#150 » by FlightBrothers » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'm just curious what you all would say:

Conventional thinking would be the Thunder, but I'm with the mindset that Westbrook and Durant don't coexist well. I think they put up the stats because they are phenomenal players, but the duel alpha dog mentality doesn't work against teams like the Spurs. I think the Thunder understand the T'Wolves desperation of getting value for Love while they have a chance and wouldn't want to trade for equal (in my eyes) value.

Love would thrive with Ibaka. The issue would be finding a good PG to replace the void.

What says you?

I think the Thunder. If the Thunder trade Ibaka I think they need a big bodied defensive post up center as a big upgrde to Perkins...If I was the Thunder I would rather they go for Marc Gasol, if they went for a crazy move like this with Westbrook.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#151 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 pm

FlightBrothers wrote:

What says you?

I think the Thunder. If the Thunder trade Ibaka I think they need a big bodied defensive post up center as a big upgrde to Perkins...If I was the Thunder I would rather they go for Marc Gasol, if they went for a crazy move like this with Westbrook.

Why would they trade Ibaka? He would be great with Love if that trade happened and there would be no reason to add a defensive big like Gasol.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#152 » by Embiid P » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... py-Machine

So we got Korver for a copy machine, eh? Nets got a steal with that one.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect

Post#153 » by 76ersfan » Sat Aug 2, 2014 2:37 am

Really gotta feel for PG.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#154 » by The Sixer Fixer » Sat Aug 2, 2014 2:47 am

76ersfan wrote:Really gotta feel for PG.

Seriously!

That was possibly the worst injury I have ever seen in basketball. I can't even believe they replayed it the way they did. I was so sick to my stomach.

Prayers for his recovery.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect

Post#155 » by 76ersfan » Sat Aug 2, 2014 2:57 am

The Sixer Fixer wrote:

Seriously!

That was possibly the worst injury I have ever seen in basketball. I can't even believe they replayed it the way they did. I was so sick to my stomach.

I was also surprised they showed it. It's really unfortunate for Indy and PG.
SavageBel
Starter
And1: 269

Post#156 » by SavageBel » Sat Aug 2, 2014 12:57 pm

Hoping for a good recovery for PG.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#157 » by freshie2 » Sat Aug 2, 2014 1:03 pm

What says you?

Would think the Thunder gobble this up, unless they're financially strapped. Love has a very unique skill set for a big, while Westbrook is more replaceable.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect

Post#158 » by 76ersfan » Sat Aug 2, 2014 2:59 pm

freshie2 wrote:

What says you?

Would think the Thunder gobble this up, unless they're financially strapped. Love has a very unique skill set for a big, while Westbrook is more replaceable.

Yeah I would definitely do that if I was OKC because they have Jackson.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#159 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 2, 2014 4:40 pm

freshie2 wrote:

What says you?

I posted that trade on the Thunder board (even had the T'Wolves throwing them a first rounder) and one guy came back and said "yes it's been discussed, and no we wouldn't do it".

It's kinda hard to get at least a rational discussion about trading a superstar for a superstar when talking to other fan bases. Westbrook would have free roam to do whatever he wants in Minnesota and Love would compliment Durant incredibly well.

As it stands, the Thunder plays awful team basketball and needs a change, in my opinion. I think they are banking on there being no legitimate competition from the East, so all they have to do is beat the Spurs. They will be in for a rude awakening, methinks.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,073

Post#160 » by Embiid P » Sat Aug 2, 2014 6:07 pm

The Sixer Fixer wrote:

Seriously!

Worse than Kevin Ware's?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers