ImageImageImage

I'm looking for a little info on your team

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Moses_Doc_83
Sophomore
And1: 21

Re: I'm looking for a little info on your team 

Post#21 » by Moses_Doc_83 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 am

Doing this right now assuming that Jackson counts toward the 15 man roster...

MCW/Wroten/(Jackson)
McRae/McDaniels/Williams
Young/Thompson/Richardson
Noel/Grant/Moultrie
Sims/Varnado/(Embiid)

This gives credit to the performance of McRae and both recognizing the status of and building the trade value of Thad. That's what I would go with for now anyway. JRich may be needed as salary filler in a trade later on, and he won't accept a buyout as this his last big money contract.
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#22 » by F-Stop » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:38 am

I think both Richardson and Thad start next season.
Richardson will need to show he can still play.. Maybe we get a low 2nd for him from a contender or we buy him out so he can sign with a contender opening a spot and minutes for the last half of the season.

Thad won't come off the bench for these guys he is the best player on this team right now.
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
joefrizzle
Junior
And1: 102

Post#23 » by joefrizzle » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm

No freakin way Thad doesnt start. I want him traded because I wanna see these younsters get serious minutes, but bringing Thad of the bench would be a slap in the face to a guy who has always worked his butt off for this organization, never complains and is clearly the best player on the team
SONICS
PG- D.Lillard/A.Brooks
SG- M.Ellis/M.Chalmers
SF- L.Deng/J.Young/D.Williams
PF- JJ Hickson/A.Gordon
C- O.Asik/E.Udoh/H.Thabeet
sixersph4n
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#24 » by sixersph4n » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Thad's been good to us no way he doesn't start. He's the only veteran we have and frankly deserves better, can't have him coming off the bench.

My starting 5 looks like this:

PG: MCW / Wroten / Ware? / Injured Pierre Jackson

SG: JRich (if healthy) / Elliot Williams (Just b/c hes been here) / Wroten for another ball handler / KJ (Don't think he is NBA ready enough to start) / McRae (looked great in summer league could surprise me and get more minutes)

SF: Hollis Thompson (has shown lots of improvement... i know it summer league but still) / KJ & Mcrae could get some run here

PF: Thad (Cant bench him) / NERLENS (Keeps him healthy and he can still get extend mins/work his way into the lineup) / Moultrie (Out of shape) / Grant (Could also play 3 but still don't know if he is NBA ready, maybe D-League IMO)

C: Henry Sims (True NBA center could potentially be a solid big) / NERLENS (could see some time @ Center but REALLY needs to work on rebounding, BUT HUGE DEFENSIVE PRESENCE. MENACE)

Ultimately, worse season according to the win column but looking to see:
1. Big improvements by MCW
2. NERLENS staying healthy and becoming a defensive BEAST!! ROY?
3. Figure out what the hell we are doing with Thad. Deserves better but would love to see him stick around.
4. See what some of these 2nd rounders are made of. Poop of get off the pot.

Excited for the season, won't win much but it sure will be fun. :nod:
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,565

Post#25 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Posted this elsewhere:

MCW / Casper Ware / Jackson
KJ Daniels / Wroten / Jrich
Hollis Thompson / Jordan McRae
Young / Jarvis Varnado/ Grant
Noel / Sims / Embiid

Jrich will only play to the extent that he is showcased for a trade, and I find that unlikely. This is a team that has eshewed all vet signings to think they play Jrich lots of minutes just to play him minutes?? Decent chance he gets cut to fill in another rookie min guy.

Also, I actually think Sims will start for the first 30 games. Prepare for outrage. Expect some twin tower minutes as well.

Wroten is listed at sg cause he will get playing time with other pg's, even if he does over 50% the ball handling.

McRae, Hollis, and KJ will form a 3 man wing rotation pairing up any which way most likely.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#26 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm

LloydFree wrote:Depth chart assuming no trades:

PG- M C-Williams / Wroten / C Ware
SG- J Richardson /Jordan McRae / S Kilpatrick
SF- H Thompson / KJ McDaniels / Jerami Grant
PF- Thad Young / Jarvis Vernado / Davies
C - Nerlens Noel /Henry Sims

IR- Joel Embiid

They'll be forced to start Thad Young at PF, out of respect, but I expect a lot of minutes from Sims and Vernado when Noel is on the floor.

Brandon Davies or Arnett Moultrie will make the team barring trade. I think it will be Davies because they like him for some reason and Moultrie is too much of a Mutt to actually beat him out.

Story line: How long before they trade Thad Young. Will Noel's body hold up?

Edit: After Jackson signing

PG- M C-Williams / Wroten / C Ware
SG- J Richardson /Jordan McRae / S Kilpatrick
SF- H Thompson / KJ McDaniels / Jerami Grant
PF- Thad Young / Jarvis Vernado /
C - Nerlens Noel /Henry Sims

IR- Joel Embiid
IR- Pierre Jackson

Both Moultrie and Davies out. Grant, Ware and Kilpatrick take turns being the inactive 13th man.

I think the starting lineup is above. I hope the starting lineup is...
MCW
McRae
Young
Noel
Sims
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#27 » by Mr Sixer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:14 pm

I really don't see why this is a debate. The only questionable aspect is if we're playing Richardson, McRae or McDaniels, Thompson at the 2/3, but I think its pretty certain Hollis will play at the 3. We're not going to play Thad at the 3, that has never worked and it will never work. We're not going to have Thad come off the bench, he's the only proven and legit NBA player on the team right now not including MCW. That said our starting line-up will be...

MCW
Richardson?
Hollis
Thad
Noel

And Noel won't play the full season for tanking and extended rehab purposes so we will see Sims getting some burn and start some games instead of Noel. No more of this Thad starting at the 3 or coming off the bench crap, let's be reasonable here.
jdimaggio555
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#28 » by jdimaggio555 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:I really don't see why this is a debate. The only questionable aspect is if we're playing Richardson, McRae or McDaniels, Thompson at the 2/3, but I think its pretty certain Hollis will play at the 3. We're not going to play Thad at the 3, that has never worked and it will never work. We're not going to have Thad come off the bench, he's the only proven and legit NBA player on the team right now not including MCW. That said our starting line-up will be...

MCW
Richardson?
Hollis
Thad
Noel

And Noel won't play the full season for tanking and extended rehab purposes so we will see Sims getting some burn and start some games instead of Noel. No more of this Thad starting at the 3 or coming off the bench crap, let's be reasonable here.

This makes the most sense. The only question is at 2. Perhaps they start the season with JRich. If he plays well enough then maybe we can get a 2nd for him. Otherwise, I'd give the nod to Mcrae because he is a better shooter and have KJ be the first sub for either Mcrae or Hollis.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#29 » by James40 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am

Is Richardson expected to be healthy this year?
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#30 » by freshie2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:27 pm

MCW-Hollis-Thad-Noel-Sims
Moses_Doc_83
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#31 » by Moses_Doc_83 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:I really don't see why this is a debate. The only questionable aspect is if we're playing Richardson, McRae or McDaniels, Thompson at the 2/3, but I think its pretty certain Hollis will play at the 3. We're not going to play Thad at the 3, that has never worked and it will never work. We're not going to have Thad come off the bench, he's the only proven and legit NBA player on the team right now not including MCW. That said our starting line-up will be...

MCW
Richardson?
Hollis
Thad
Noel

Because in Tank Year 2, building Young's trade value is an early season goal, and if Young can show he can handle minutes out on the wing he increases his trade value and if he doesn't, he helps the tank. No downside to playing Thad at the 3. Plus it lets McDaniels and Grant ease into things. McRae with his Summer League play has earned the the starting 2 spot for now. I think JRich is physically done, he is just here to collect his checks, so he is merely a vet mentor at this point.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,108

Post#32 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks for the help! The preview up up on the general board.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1341521
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:24 am

OK.. what non-sixers need to understand.

We are not just solely hoarding talent by being a farm team. BB and Hinkie has wide experience with winning culture teams. That's why the program has given strong importance in players' developments and on/off court attitude of the players.

Tanking. We beat really good teams last season. Despite under manned with a ridiculously untalented team, the team fought harder than some superiorly talented teams in the league, most notably the Bucks and the Magic. Sixers lose games for long term contention like for cap flexibility and for the recovery and strengthening of Embiid and Noel. We are not losing games on purpose and lose long term winning culture by developing bad habits for the players.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mr Sixer
Banned User

Post#34 » by Mr Sixer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:30 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:Thanks for the help! The preview up up on the general board.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1341521

Sorry but your post was crap. I don't think anybody thinks Noel is getting traded, unless its for an insane package, which any GM would do, and the only reason MCW was worried was because we drafted Elfrid which made itself clear as soon as the details of the Magic trade went down. Jrue was the one ruthless trade he has made and we got insane value and on top of that it was necessary to start rebuilding. The farm team thing is harsh and Hinkie doesn't tell the media anything nor has he indicated that he would trade anybody on a whim outside of the Jrue trade which as I said before was necessary so I would save your judgement unless something like that happens again. You also didn't mention Embiid.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#35 » by the_process » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:08 pm

They didn't mention Embiid because on the general board, they don't do too well with anything not happening right now. The past, the future... yeah, all that stuff flies over like a lead balloon.
Mr Sixer
Banned User

Post#36 » by Mr Sixer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm

oyoyer wrote:They didn't mention Embiid because on the general board, they don't do too well with anything not happening right now. The past, the future... yeah, all that stuff flies over like a lead balloon.

Normally I'd agree with you but in the past week or so for the first time I saw some informed posters on the GB supporting the direction we're headed in such as in the Orlando vs. Sixers thread and the why aren't the Sixers using up their cap space thread.
the_process
RealGM

Post#37 » by the_process » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
oyoyer wrote:They didn't mention Embiid because on the general board, they don't do too well with anything not happening right now. The past, the future... yeah, all that stuff flies over like a lead balloon.

Normally I'd agree with you but in the past week or so for the first time I saw some informed posters on the GB supporting the direction we're headed in such as in the Orlando vs. Sixers thread and the why aren't the Sixers using up their cap space thread.

I will have to check out the Orlando v. Sixers thread, I missed that one. The why aren't the Sixers spending money thread is on the T&T board, though.
Mr Sixer
Banned User

Post#38 » by Mr Sixer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

oyoyer wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:

I will have to check out the Orlando v. Sixers thread, I missed that one. The why aren't the Sixers spending money thread is on the T&T board, though.

Gotcha. You're right. Here's the magic vs orlando one. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1341104
the_process
RealGM

Post#39 » by the_process » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Mr Sixer wrote:
oyoyer wrote:
Mr Sixer wrote:Normally I'd agree with you but in the past week or so for the first time I saw some informed posters on the GB supporting the direction we're headed in such as in the Orlando vs. Sixers thread and the why aren't the Sixers using up their cap space thread.

Gotcha. You're right. Here's the magic vs orlando one. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1341104

Thanks! Was having a hard time finding it, this saved me a ton of time. Not that I'm really trying to save time at work today, obviously. Rather quite the opposite... :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers