ImageImageImage

OT: 2015 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BB League

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Vote for a preferred draft day & time! (All times EST)

Poll ended at Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Saturday, 10/18
13%
Sunday, 10/19
6%
Saturday, 10/25
6%
Sunday, 10/26
25%
11:00 AM
13%
12:00 PM
13%
1:00 PM
No votes
2:00 PM
13%
3:00 PM
6%
Other (specify in post!)
6%

Total votes: 16

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,493

Re: OT: 2015 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BB League 

Post#41 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 pm

wow444 wrote:Wizards of Westwood are interested in playing again.

E-Mail address??
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#42 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:23 pm

The draft will be held on Sunday, October 26th at 11:00 AM (EST).

The 26th was the date that received the most votes and although there was a variety of interest in different times, I decided to go with 11:00 AM since it's somewhat early, but not too early for anyone hungover and also it will be wrapping up before the 1:00 PM football games start.

The league currently has 12 registered teams, which is fine with me. There has been interest from two more former managers, but they have not given me their contact information as of yet to receive an invite. You have until this Sunday to get me your info and then the league will be locked. I'm sure some managers want to start prepping their draft strategies and it certainly matters how to prepare when there's either 12 or 14 squads participating. Thanks.
Here Lies The Process
wow444
Junior
And1: 2

Post#43 » by wow444 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 am

Just PM'd you
Don't worry, that builds character and you can never have too much character...
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#44 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I added a poll on the league page down in the Messages section. Please take the time to vote whether or not we should add 1 utility spot to the starting line-ups. This means each manager would play 9 players nightly (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,2xC,UTIL) instead of 8 and the bench spots would go from 7 players to 6. Not increasing the total of 15 per roster.

Thanks and please take the time to vote! Gonna have a final decision by Wednesday (draft is a week from today!).
Here Lies The Process
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#45 » by ZarcMumoff » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:I added a poll on the league page down in the Messages section. Please take the time to vote whether or not we should add 1 utility spot to the starting line-ups. This means each manager would play 9 players nightly (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,2xC,UTIL) instead of 8 and the bench spots would go from 7 players to 6. Not increasing the total of 15 per roster.

Thanks and please take the time to vote! Gonna have a final decision by Wednesday (draft is a week from today!).

I just tried joining the league from the email you sent, and it says that "Registration is over."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,865

Post#46 » by Stanford » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Pumped for the draft this weekend. You guys are going down!
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#47 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Stanford wrote:Pumped for the draft this weekend. You guys are going down!

Don't be so sure. If my squad is just half as good as my mock draft squad, you're all in trouble.
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#48 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 pm

PK5 wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:I added a poll on the league page down in the Messages section. Please take the time to vote whether or not we should add 1 utility spot to the starting line-ups. This means each manager would play 9 players nightly (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,2xC,UTIL) instead of 8 and the bench spots would go from 7 players to 6. Not increasing the total of 15 per roster.

I just tried joining the league from the email you sent, and it says that "Registration is over."

I sent you an invite a couple weeks ago, either October 1st or 2nd. I'm sorry, but I closed the league for registration after getting 14 teams. I think any more and the rosters would be too watered down.
Here Lies The Process
ZarcMumoff
Lead Assistant
And1: 483

Post#49 » by ZarcMumoff » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:10 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
PK5 wrote:

I sent you an invite a couple weeks ago, either October 1st or 2nd. I'm sorry, but I closed the league for registration after getting 14 teams. I think any more and the rosters would be too watered down.

Oh, didn't know I was on a deadline. Don't check this board too often from July-October.

Oh well.
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#50 » by sixers23 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:28 pm

when is the draft?
ratrac
Sixth Man
And1: 706

Post#51 » by ratrac » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm

sixers23 wrote:when is the draft?

The draft will be held on Sunday, October 26th at 11:00 AM (EST).

Any news on the utility space? 3-2 right now.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#52 » by GoSixersBro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:19 pm

I have decided that a utility spot WILL be added. Each team will still have 15 players on his roster, but will be playing 9 players nightly instead of 8. Only 6 teams voted (4 in favor) over the four day course.

Make sure you all set an alarm or reminder for the draft this Sunday morning at 11:00 AM (EST)!!!
Here Lies The Process
Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Post#53 » by Xepa777 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:39 am

It really should be more than 1 utility spot.

You know, generally snake drafts are more rigged for the people with the first 3 picks than auction because those player values are much, much better than the next available picks. It's been statistically proven on numerous sites year after year.

The equalizer against a Durant or LeBron team is having a deeper team. But, in league settings with MORE teams and LESS playable slots, you're really slanting the odds toward those top 3-4 teams.

These settings just make the league unfair and less about skill and more about luck. I don't think I can do these settings. Can you remove me?
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#54 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:32 am

Xepa777 wrote:It really should be more than 1 utility spot.

You know, generally snake drafts are more rigged for the people with the first 3 picks than auction because those player values are much, much better than the next available picks. It's been statistically proven on numerous sites year after year.

The equalizer against a Durant or LeBron team is having a deeper team. But, in league settings with MORE teams and LESS playable slots, you're really slanting the odds toward those top 3-4 teams.

These settings just make the league unfair and less about skill and more about luck. I don't think I can do these settings. Can you remove me?

I'm really confused with this entire post. If I remember correctly, the last 3 winners of this league did not have a top 3 pick. I can tell you that my squad finished the regular season in 1st and 2nd place the last two years and I had the 5th and 9th picks respectively. I'd like to look at these sites you claim statistically prove that because if anything the snake draft evens the playing field if you do your homework and make the right selections. Playing 9 players per night is more than enough. It presents a challenge having to pick one player over another. With 14 teams, the teams that do land LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry, etc. will have much more of a tough time to build a complete roster since more talent will be off the board for their following picks.

We've had guys who missed out on the draft in the past and didn't play all year where they auto-drafted great players and finished at the bottom of the league. I was hoping to get 14 active managers this year and took everyone's word that they'd participate from October through April. Which leads me to my next point that it's pretty rude and kinda bush league to duck out the night before the draft when the settings have been in place for nearly 2 months now and I specifically said I was open to suggestions from the beginning.

The league went smoothly the last couple of seasons for the active managers and the ones that weren't active complained because they missed the draft but that was on them. As for the field of competition, rules, settings, etc. I didn't hear any complaints.
Here Lies The Process
Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Post#55 » by Xepa777 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:46 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
Xepa777 wrote:It really should be more than 1 utility spot.

I'm really confused with this entire post. If I remember correctly, the last 3 winners of this league did not have a top 3 pick. I can tell you that my squad finished the regular season in 1st and 2nd place the last two years and I had the 5th and 9th picks respectively. I'd like to look at these sites you claim statistically prove that because if anything the snake draft evens the playing field if you do your homework and make the right selections. Playing 9 players per night is more than enough. It presents a challenge having to pick one player over another. With 14 teams, the teams that do land LeBron, Durant, Davis, Curry, etc. will have much more of a tough time to build a complete roster since more talent will be off the board for their following picks.

We've had guys who missed out on the draft in the past and didn't play all year where they auto-drafted great players and finished at the bottom of the league. I was hoping to get 14 active managers this year and took everyone's word that they'd participate from October through April. Which leads me to my next point that it's pretty rude and kinda bush league to duck out the night before the draft when the settings have been in place for nearly 2 months now and I specifically said I was open to suggestions from the beginning.

The league went smoothly the last couple of seasons for the active managers and the ones that weren't active complained because they missed the draft but that was on them. As for the field of competition, rules, settings, etc. I didn't hear any complaints.

http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/ ... asketball/

Basketballmonster also posted a similar analysis last year but it went behind the paywall.

There are threads on Rotoworld.com that discuss this statistical imbalance as well. Last I checked we had a 10 team league going to 12, and now I check and see it's 14. The dynamics are much, much different.

Anyways, if it's too late to balance it then fine, leave me in. But the stats are the stats. And at least make another bench spot convert to a utility spot.

And I posted a month ago about the importance of utility spots in the league. You may have opened 1, but it's still less than the standard yahoo leagues, which is pretty bad considering how casual those leagues are.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#56 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the draft. I think we had 11 or 12 of the 14 teams show up which was great. Good luck to everyone and don't forget to set your line-ups for the week. The regular season begins Tuesday night!
Here Lies The Process
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#57 » by Cru Thik » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 am

I had LeBron last year and won for whatever it's worth.

Can't believe my browsers didn't want to work with yahoo this morning. Missed my first two picks because I had to switch to a 2nd computer. Came out okay with Cousins and Lillard on those picks. Though not sure about the rest of my team. Liked my team last year a lot more. But will have to see how things go with injuries, wire moves and such.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#58 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Cru Thik wrote:I had LeBron last year and won for whatever it's worth.

Can't believe my browsers didn't want to work with yahoo this morning. Missed my first two picks because I had to switch to a 2nd computer. Came out okay with Cousins and Lillard on those picks. Though not sure about the rest of my team. Liked my team last year a lot more. But will have to see how things go with injuries, wire moves and such.

I stand corrected. However, I do believe your squad finished the season in fourth place. The playoffs are sort of a crap shoot each season and the teams with the best record regular season wise have not won the championship the past 2 years. The 2012-2013 winner's (Semaj) best player was Chris Bosh followed by the like of Deron Williams, Caron Butler, Vucevic and Brook Lopez who I think was injured at the time. Point being that if you stay active and competitive throughout the season you can get into the Playoffs and who knows what can happen from there.

Sorry you were unable to make the first 2 rounds of the draft. I wouldn't be upset with Lillard and Cousins, though. Looks like the autodraft didn't hurt you too bad.
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#59 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Managers,

First off, I want to thank everyone for another exciting, competitive fantasy basketball season. I was unsure how this season would play out with 14 teams participating, but I believed it made it more competitive than ever.

Just wanted to send out this email as a reminder that round one of the Playoffs begin tonight so make sure to update your line-ups.

The bracket is as follows:

(1) Emel Jobiid
BYE

(4) Jpizzle
(5)Stanford

(3) AIR's Amazing Team
(6) Cru Thik

(2) Floppers
BYE

If your team fell short of making the championship bracket, you are still eligible to compete in the consolation bracket seen below.

(7) Dmongolo Unchained
BYE

(10) Wizrd's of Westwood
(11) The Champ is Here!!

(9) sixers23
(12) Go Back to Sea World

(8) Cincinnati Sixers
BYE

Good luck to everyone and hope to have you all back for the 2016 season!!
Here Lies The Process
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,865

Post#60 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:25 pm

I hate H2H as a first place team; love it as a fifth place team.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers