ImageImageImage

MCW injury watch

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Re: MCW injury watch 

Post#21 » by Ericb5 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:37 am

When outside media thinks that we would keep out MCW to maintain the tank they really show their ignorance. The players that we wanted off the team, like Turner, Hawes and Thad, were only because we had determined that they were not part of the future.

MCW is a critical part of the future so playing time for him is key. We may keep him out to be extra conservative about his injury, but tanking isn't part of the equation.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Sleep
Starter
And1: 534

Post#22 » by Sleep » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 am

Our roster as a whole says we're tanking at a brief glance. We've got a stack of unproven young guys and not much else. This team is going to struggle mightily this year. I'd wager it'll be worse than last year.
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#23 » by deep6er » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 am

Sleep wrote:Our roster as a whole says we're tanking at a brief glance. We've got a stack of unproven young guys and not much else. This team is going to struggle mightily this year. I'd wager it'll be worse than last year.

No one's talking about our roster or whether or not we're tanking. No one here, or anywhere for that matter, is denying the tank. The statement was about media members who claim the Sixers would hold out MCW in order to lose more games and Ericb5 is right, that's not how the tank operates. The whole purpose of this season is to develop players and keep them healthy. If they're holding out MCW for longer than media folks would like, it's because we have the luxury of being able to place longterm health before any concern about whether sitting him would damage our playoff run.

The tank moves onward like an unstoppable force, like a lion to its pray, like a fat kid to cake. You cannot stop the tank. You cannot even hope to contain it. You must embrace it now and ride it until it becomes a bandwagon. NOvember 13th, MCW starts dropping steady triple doubles in losing efforts. I can't wait.
Lapinski
Lead Assistant
And1: 94

Post#24 » by Lapinski » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Like a fat kid to cake....
Koponen
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Post#25 » by Koponen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:19 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/526070086558547968[/tweet]
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#26 » by MountainDrew » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Good, it shouldn't take too much time after that before he's ready to play games right? I want to see as much MCW as possible, don't want Wroten as the starting Point guard at all tbh
Trust the Process
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#27 » by MRxBLACK » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Good news indeed.
ESPN Sucks
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#28 » by roma258 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Sweet, all the tinfoil goofballs can eat some crow.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#29 » by CoreyGallagher » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:44 pm

Well, they kept the date, Brown has said MCW will definitely begin full practice tomorrow. Also mentioned he is going to experiment in running Wroten at SG alongside of MCW.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/530124399899594752[/tweet]
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#30 » by MCtripDub » Wed Nov 5, 2014 10:47 pm

I've always seen wroten as a SG tbh ala tyreke evans or Larry Hughes. Awesome passing and ball handling skills for a two guard, but decision making isn't the best. Awesome on fast breaks too. Which is prolly why we're keeping Shved since he's more of a pg than wroten IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

roma258
Analyst

Post#31 » by roma258 » Wed Nov 5, 2014 11:27 pm

MCtripDub wrote:I've always seen wroten as a SG tbh ala tyreke evans or Larry Hughes. Awesome passing and ball handling skills for a two guard, but decision making isn't the best. Awesome on fast breaks too. Which is prolly why we're keeping Shved since he's more of a pg than wroten IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

Could be an interesting experiment. It'll be nice to have 2 ball handlers/penetrators on the court. Just needs to hit his spot-up looks.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#32 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 5, 2014 11:30 pm

Wroten running at SG with the starters is good because it frees up Shved to run pick-n-rolls with the second unit as the focal point.
roma258
Analyst

Post#33 » by roma258 » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:46 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Wroten running at SG with the starters is good because it frees up Shved to run pick-n-rolls with the second unit as the focal point.

And Wroten has been dropping his spot-up Js with regularity. Kind of want to see where that goes. So MCW is practicing today, right? And Noel is hurt ofcourse. We'll never see these two cats on the court at the same time. :banghead:
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#34 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm ok with the idea of experimenting with a MCW/Wroten back court, but I just think Wroten would be better served filling a 6th man role for this team long term.

I'd be more interested in seeing them experiment with a MCW/McRae back court (still have two months to call him back).
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#35 » by ckchen » Thu Nov 6, 2014 7:31 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I'm ok with the idea of experimenting with a MCW/Wroten back court, but I just think Wroten would be better served filling a 6th man role for this team long term.

I'd be more interested in seeing them experiment with a MCW/McRae back court (still have two months to call him back).

They're not bringing McRae in this season. If they were even considering it, they wouldn't have sent him abroad. This January thing is just lip service they say to appease people, but that's like when they say there's a possibility Saric could come next year. Don't hold your breath for McRae, I don't see how they would ever "waste" a contract year on a half-season of basketball on someone by bringing them in mid-season.

You will see them calling up any number of people from the d-league before you see McRae. At this point, the earliest we see him is over the summer next year.
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#36 » by MRxBLACK » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:15 pm

Coach said MCW gained 14 lbs of muscle. Good to hear.
ESPN Sucks
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#37 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 8, 2014 5:23 pm

MCW made a comment that people are gonna be surprised at how well he can shoot the ball. Said he's been bothered by the shoulder since his freshman year at Syracuse. I'm inclined to suspect he's telling the truth because his form has never really been an issue. That would be HUGE if he actually turned out being a legit shooter. Would blow the lid off his glass ceiling.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#38 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 8, 2014 5:35 pm

Kobblehead wrote:MCW made a comment that people are gonna be surprised at how well he can shoot the ball. Said he's been bothered by the shoulder since his freshman year at Syracuse. I'm inclined to suspect he's telling the truth because his form has never really been an issue. That would be HUGE if he actually turned out being a legit shooter. Would blow the lid off his glass ceiling.

And i believe he's known to be a good shooter in highschool.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#39 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 8, 2014 5:37 pm

MRxBLACK wrote:Coach said MCW gained 14 lbs of muscle. Good to hear.

He probably should advise Nerlens on how he was able to do that.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#40 » by LloydFree » Sat Nov 8, 2014 5:42 pm

76ciology wrote:
MRxBLACK wrote:Coach said MCW gained 14 lbs of muscle. Good to hear.

He probably should advise Nerlens on how he was able to do that.

Nerlens Noel needs to be eating pasta every meal. I don't know how a human being who is trying to gain weight can possibly stay that skinny while eating 3 times a day.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down

Return to Philadelphia 76ers