ImageImageImage

Final Roster Predictions

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Re: Final Roster Predictions 

Post#41 » by Skates » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:01 am

I'm pretty sure Moultrie is our backup center, which kind of tells you just how bad this roster is going to be.
MCoster
Junior
And1: 383

Post#42 » by MCoster » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:20 am

Apparently we are signing Malcolm Thomas to our 15 man roster.
Skates
Head Coach

Post#43 » by Skates » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:28 am

I wonder how many of the guys I will even remotely remember in about three years??
Cokeleaf
Senior
And1: 131

Post#44 » by Cokeleaf » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 am

MCoster wrote:Apparently we are signing Malcolm Thomas to our 15 man roster.

he sucks
Sixercise
Sixth Man
And1: 471

Post#45 » by Sixercise » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 am

MCtripDub wrote:...a liability on defense. Also, I'm not a fan of Elliot's court vision. I've had to throw on that Jackie chan wtf face meme on me whenever he'd be running a fast break and always missing the open guy or when he'd pass it to a teammate who wasn't in a position to score.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

You pretty much described just about everyone on the team not named Noel or MCW. fwiw, elliot williams has certainly not hurt himself with his overall game....**** he was a nobody when we got him last year and now he feels quite comfortable within himself as an NBA player (if a fringe one at that). Gotta give credit where due...

btw a half-decent pickup in malcolm thomas....maybe signals end of you-know-who?
rilamann wrote:Leave Simmons alone, your back would be sore too if you didn't have a spine.
roma258
Analyst
And1: 901

Post#46 » by roma258 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:32 am

MCtripDub wrote:
jiggy08 wrote:
MCtripDub wrote:
Same. Please cut Elliot!!!

why cut elliot when he's like the only guard on the team who can bury it from deep?

Because I can't stand players who can't defend. Dude falls asleep on defense so often, and has no concept of team defense... At all. Same reason I disliked Jodie Meeks. He can def shoot but was such a liability on defense. Also, I'm not a fan of Elliot's court vision. I've had to throw on that Jackie chan wtf face meme on me whenever he'd be running a fast break and always missing the open guy or when he'd pass it to a teammate who wasn't in a position to score.

Glad to see someone call him out on it, something I've noticed as well. He looks completely lost out there, never rotates to the open shooter, doesn't hustle. He's terrible on D.
Liberté, égalité, lotteré
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#47 » by MountainDrew » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:11 am

bit dissapointed that we waived Roberts, but with Malcolm Lee signed, surely Davies is gone right? Moultrie kind of has to make the team because he can actually play some Center. Still hope we get rid of Richardson.
Trust the Process
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#48 » by ckchen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 pm

MountainDrew wrote:bit dissapointed that we waived Roberts, but with Malcolm Lee signed, surely Davies is gone right? Moultrie kind of has to make the team because he can actually play some Center. Still hope we get rid of Richardson.

You mean Malcolm Thomas. Malcolm Lee was waived as well. I would think that Davies, Johnson, and Sampson are also gone unless they release JRich.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#49 » by snoopdogg88 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Disappointed that it looks like Moultrie is gonna make the roster.

He's one of the few guys on this bad roster that I literally can't stand to watch and get angry about. There is no potential, he's a bust through and through.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,844

Post#50 » by Mik317 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:30 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Disappointed that it looks like Moultrie is gonna make the roster.

He's one of the few guys on this bad roster that I literally can't stand to watch and get angry about. There is no potential, he's a bust through and through.

He is saved by his "ability" to play center and shoot a bit
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#51 » by ckchen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:18 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Disappointed that it looks like Moultrie is gonna make the roster.

Based on last year's play, I would understand. But he's played well enough this preseason to show that he might be a decent backup 4/5. It's not like he was seriously outplayed by anyone, especially at that spot.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Post#52 » by the_process » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 am

Any word on who the last 3 cuts are yet? I mean, it's probably safe to assume, barring a buyout or trade of JRich, they are Johnson, Sampson, and Williams... but you also know what they say about assuming.
Carmelo
Junior
And1: 89

Post#53 » by Carmelo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 am

I would hope they keep Williams and just buyout Richardson.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#54 » by LloydFree » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:53 am

Jason Richardson will be cut because they can't afford to use up 4 spots on injured players. Jakaar Sampson will be one of the camp guys that get sent to the 87's.
I think Elliott Williams will make it, because they only have 3 healthy guards without him. Moultrie will make it because they need a backup center. I think the last cut will be either Chris Johnson or Davies.

M.C-Williams, Tony Wroten, Marcus Teague
Holis Thompson, Alexey Shved, Eliott Williams
Mbah aMoute, KJ McDaniels,
Nerlens Noel, Malcolm Thomas, Jeremy Grant
Henry Sims, Arnette Moultrie, Joel Embiid
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#55 » by MCtripDub » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:35 am

LloydFree wrote:Jason Richardson will be cut because they can't afford to use up 4 spots on injured players. Jakaar Sampson will be one of the camp guys that get sent to the 87's.
I think Elliott Williams will make it, because they only have 3 healthy guards without him. Moultrie will make it because they need a backup center. I think the last cut will be either Chris Johnson or Davies.

Thought there was some rule that prevents injured players from being cut.

Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

Skates
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Skates » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:45 pm

MCtripDub wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Jason Richardson will be cut because they can't afford to use up 4 spots on injured players. Jakaar Sampson will be one of the camp guys that get sent to the 87's.

Thought there was some rule that prevents injured players from being cut.

I think you might be confusing that football where they work out injury settlements with guys they cut that way. Richardson has a fully guaranteed contract, unlike the NFL, so he gets paid either way.
MCoster
Junior
And1: 383

Post#57 » by MCoster » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 pm

The 15 (for now):

M.C-Williams, Tony Wroten
Holis Thompson, Alexey Shved, Jason Richardson
KJ McDaniels, Mbah aMoute, Chris Johnson
Nerlens Noel, Malcolm Thomas, Jeremy Grant, Jakarr Sampson
Henry Sims, Brandon Davies Joel Embiid
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,844

Post#58 » by Mik317 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:18 pm

MCoster wrote:The 15 (for now):

Cutting the only shooter (Eliot..lol) and having Brandon Davies as your backup center (or on the team at all) is baffling.

Must be some waiver wire moves coming or something...because wtf, Hinkie.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
42uptop
Starter
And1: 754

Post#59 » by 42uptop » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:22 pm

I also want some more waiver wire action from Hinkie. There are young players available who are far more talented than what we have now. Austin Rivers over Elliot Williams. Thomas Robinson over Brandon Davies. Let's get some people here who might actually become NBA rotation players.

As I type this, The Sixers have just waived Elliot Williams and Marquis Teague, per Woj.
I speak the truth.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#60 » by BullyKing » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 pm

MCoster wrote:The 15 (for now):

LOL. It's like when everyone is reading out the training camp roster in Major League.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers