ImageImageImage

If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Would you trade Embiid for one of Exum Gordon Smart or Randle?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 173

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,075

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#201 » by Embiid P » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:18 am

In b4 the "I told you so"s.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Re: If TODAY You're Offered to Trade Embiid for one of Exum, Gordon, Smart, or Randle Would You Do it? 

Post#202 » by Black Mage » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:29 am

No. Never trading him. He may forever be prone to missing parts of the season for his career, but he still provides the heart this team needs.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#203 » by Mik317 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:44 am

of all the things for me to finally be right about...I hope this isn't one of them
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#204 » by Skates » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:49 am

None of those guys have the potential to be a difference maker, so no.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#205 » by BoomBap » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:52 am

I wouldn't trade him for guys like randle,exum or gordon. But he will never be a real nba player and we should trade him, if we ever get a great offer.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#206 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:48 am

I still think he'll put the injuries behind him, but we'll always wonder just how good he might have been.
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#207 » by deep6er » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:01 am

It's a stupid question. You don't make the trade. Embiid, is a lottery ticket. If he remains healthy you're a millionaire, your life is changed. The rest of these guys are a $10,000 savings bond. Nice to have, definitely improving your financial situation, but won't change your life forever. Even you're going to be bleak and say Embiid has a 3 out of 10 chance of giving you 5 years of 60 games a season plus playoffs, you take those odds every time. If you don't you simply suck at evaluating risk and reward.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#208 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 5:40 am

I don't trade him. Easy answer. People are freaking out because Embiid is shut down for the injury. It's a miniscus tear. Why are people acting like they didn't expect him to be shut down now when we all were saying he probably won't play again this season?
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,014

Post#209 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:06 am

I'd trade bum Simmons before trading Embiid, that's for sure. He can't wait to prove doubters wrong again.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#210 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:07 am

No, I'd just take my L. Can't hit every pick. *Kanye shrug*
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,235

Post#211 » by eyeatoma » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:16 am

Unbreakable99 wrote:I don't trade him. Easy answer. People are freaking out because Embiid is shut down for the injury. It's a miniscus tear. Why are people acting like they didn't expect him to be shut down now when we all were saying he probably won't play again this season?

If it was any other organization I would be more hopeful. But with this incompetent organization, a minor surgery can become chronic (See our unbelievably poor record of getting players healthy)...

So yeah, I am already worried if he needs to get surgery that they won't do it right, or he won't be rehabbed correctly. Also, it stunts time that he can work on his core, and lower limbs which he needs to significantly improve. Finally, this puts the nail in the coffin of any chance of unrestricted minutes next year.

Also, with this medical staff, I doubt he'll be ready at the start of next season...

Bring in a new medical staff and I'll sing a different tune. Presently though, there's not much room for optimism.
TrustTheProcess
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#212 » by TrustTheProcess » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:36 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:I don't trade him. Easy answer. People are freaking out because Embiid is shut down for the injury. It's a miniscus tear. Why are people acting like they didn't expect him to be shut down now when we all were saying he probably won't play again this season?

If it was any other organization I would be more hopeful. But with this incompetent organization, a minor surgery can become chronic (See our unbelievably poor record of getting players healthy)...

So yeah, I am already worried if he needs to get surgery that they won't do it right, or he won't be rehabbed correctly. Also, it stunts time that he can work on his core, and lower limbs which he needs to significantly improve. Finally, this puts the nail in the coffin of any chance of unrestricted minutes next year.

Finally, with this medical staff, I doubt he'll be ready at the start of next season...

Bring in a new medical staff and I'll sing a different tune. Presently though, there's not much room for optimism.

I can't imagine Embiid feeling comfortable letting the same staff rehab him again. Especially after seeing what they did to Simmons. Don't know how much more they can f*** up before something changes.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#213 » by 51X3RF4N » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:00 pm

I would not trade Embiid for the names listed in the poll. However, I would trade him in the right package. Let's say the offer was a deal where the Sixers end up with Andre Drummond, Patrick Beverley, and Jimmy Butler..would i do that? Quite possibly.

Basically what I'm saying is the return for Embiid in order for me to even consider trading him would be 1) a top 10 center, 2) a star wing, 3) a role playing starter who can hit 3s and defend PGs

So that a legit contending team can be built around Simmons and Saric. While keeping a deep bench and all the picks.

So, yeah. Unrealistic right? But that's the type of godfather offer it would take in my mind. He's not untouchable but pretty close.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#214 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm trying to keep my distance from the game threads and Okafor bashing for the rest of the season.
I do have a question about Embiid. Is he injury prone at this point or was this more precautionary and geared towards tanking more?
What Embiid showed us this year was that he can win you games all by himself. That his presence elevated the play of lesser players around, and that he made others around him better.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,843

Post#215 » by Negrodamus » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:49 pm

No. Unless there is some unreported issue with his foot, this is a different issue that is unrelated. It especially doesn't matter since we're tanking.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#216 » by James40 » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:15 pm

Simbiid wrote:In b4 the "I told you so"s.

I said it from day one, but at that point I had no idea he was gonna be this good. There shouldn't be many "I told you so's" Maybe two or three people agreed with me at the time.

If he misses signicant time next year, it's done, they'll have to move on from him being a franchise savior.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#217 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Mar 2, 2017 4:19 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm trying to keep my distance from the game threads and Okafor bashing for the rest of the season.
I do have a question about Embiid. Is he injury prone at this point or was this more precautionary and geared towards tanking more?
What Embiid showed us this year was that he can win you games all by himself. That his presence elevated the play of lesser players around, and that he made others around him better.

His durability is a legitimate concern, but at least this meniscus issue is not related to his foot.

I think nipping it in the butt immediately helps to hopefully prevent any potential issues down the road and also helps in trying to secure the highest pick possible. Sure we were making up some ground (esp in Jan) w/ Embiid, but once he went down & Simmons was ruled out for the season, It pretty much made it pointless to rush him back.

The injury to Simmons/Embiid is further reason to hit that reset button for the season. We have already more then doubled our win total from last season, and have shown some serious improvement IMO in terms of playing style. Brown has shown he can coach and Saric has emerged as a legit player. Try to secure the highest possible pick, hopefully land another high end prospect and further give yourself a chance at building something special.

Our pick this year could be extremely important, and this is why Hinkie tried to acquire so many picks spread out throughout multiple years. If anything were to happen to Embiid long term, or Simmons....This is the kid who we may end up building around, if he's good enough. Noel was essentially a single in the draft and is now gone, Okafor was a strikeout. Embiid was a homerun, but his injury issues have created some serious grey area. Simmons got hurt. We have to just hope luck rolls our way this May and we land an impact player in the draft (that is healthy).

Another horse in the race is best.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#218 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:20 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm trying to keep my distance from the game threads and Okafor bashing for the rest of the season.

His durability is a legitimate concern, but at least this meniscus issue is not related to his foot.

I think nipping it in the butt immediately helps to hopefully prevent any potential issues down the road and also helps in trying to secure the highest pick possible. Sure we were making up some ground (esp in Jan) w/ Embiid, but once he went down & Simmons was ruled out for the season, It pretty much made it pointless to rush him back.

The injury to Simmons/Embiid is further reason to hit that reset button for the season. We have already more then doubled our win total from last season, and have shown some serious improvement IMO in terms of playing style. Brown has shown he can coach and Saric has emerged as a legit player. Try to secure the highest possible pick, hopefully land another high end prospect and further give yourself a chance at building something special.

Our pick this year could be extremely important, and this is why Hinkie tried to acquire so many picks spread out throughout multiple years. If anything were to happen to Embiid long term, or Simmons....This is the kid who we may end up building around, if he's good enough. Noel was essentially a single in the draft and is now gone, Okafor was a strikeout. Embiid was a homerun, but his injury issues have created some serious grey area. Simmons got hurt. We have to just hope luck rolls our way this May and we land an impact player in the draft (that is healthy).

Another horse in the race is best.

Well put, I agree with everything you said.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Post#219 » by Arsenal » Thu Mar 2, 2017 6:37 pm

We are all-in with Joel Embiid. If he goes down we go down with him.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#220 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Mar 2, 2017 7:36 pm

Arsenal wrote:We are all-in with Joel Embiid. If he goes down we go down with him.

WHile I agree, getting another top 5 pick this year may not necessarily cement this in.

Obviously Embiid is our future, but if he can't stay on the floor BUT Simmons and this years pick can, we may still have something to work with.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .

Return to Philadelphia 76ers