Pierre Jackson officially a Sixer

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Re: Pierre Jackson officially a Sixer 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:59 am

DLO doe..
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Phoen-X
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#42 » by Phoen-X » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:08 am

Very happy for him and for us. I see the potential of a 6th man, a scoring PG from the bench like Sweet Lou.
Okafor - Noel - Saric - Wroten - Embiid
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#43 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Phoen-X wrote:Very happy for him and for us. I see the potential of a 6th man, a scoring PG from the bench like Sweet Lou.

That would be his highest and best use, IMO. Primary scorer for the "night shift".

But a 30 mpg starter at PG?

:nonono:

Hopefully Hinkie can come up with something else...or Wroten can tone he game down a tad in the half court and be a facilitator.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#44 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:59 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
Phoen-X wrote:Very happy for him and for us. I see the potential of a 6th man, a scoring PG from the bench like Sweet Lou.

That would be his highest and best use, IMO. Primary scorer for the "night shift".

But a 30 mpg starter at PG?

:nonono:

Hopefully Hinkie can come up with something else...or Wroten can tone his game down a tad in the half court and be a facilitator.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#45 » by MCtripDub » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Seeing as to how they are similarly built, while subsequently trying to cheer myself up from the Embiid news, I decided to give in to my ridiculous dream, and compare these two players...
https://twitter.com/ArellanoTon/status/623350324204601344
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

76ers
Bench Warmer
And1: 773

Post#46 » by 76ers » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:45 pm

If he can gain his explosiveness back, he's gonna be exciting for this team I believe.
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#47 » by jsa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Jackson is about as good as any of the 76ers point guards, which is saying little. Caanan showed no point guard skill and average shooting. Smith played hard and a bit smart with a point guard attitude at least. Wroten is an out of control but at times effective 6th man type, but not a starting point guard on a real team. McConnel hustled and has point guard skills, but not real NBA skills.Lowest PG lot in the NBA.
TheExpat
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#48 » by TheExpat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Tony Wroten just turned 22 a few months ago. I am always surprised when people are so concerned about his shooting and his tendency to turn the ball over.

I like Pierre Jackson and hope for the best, but it's hard to recover explosiveness (unheard of?) after the injury he has suffered. Still... a nice piece off the bench and a good team guy.

I expect Tony Wroten to have a breakout year for the Sixers.
- Man is something that must be surpassed. Nietzsche
sixerkitty
Banned User
And1: 32

Post#49 » by sixerkitty » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:35 pm

TheExpat wrote:Tony Wroten just turned 22 a few months ago. I am always surprised when people are so concerned about his shooting and his tendency to turn the ball over.

I like Pierre Jackson and hope for the best, but it's hard to recover explosiveness (unheard of?) after the injury he has suffered. Still... a nice piece off the bench and a good team guy.

Speaking of Tony, does anyone have any word on him ? I know he had his surgery in early February, but when will he be ready ? Usually takes at least 6 to 7 months to return to activities if all goes well, and by the 9th month usually you are all the way back. Has anyone heard anything. ?
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#50 » by BoomBap » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:51 pm

tony is out for the season. #thesixersway
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#51 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:18 pm

sixerkitty wrote:
TheExpat wrote:Tony Wroten just turned 22 a few months ago. I am always surprised when people are so concerned about his shooting and his tendency to turn the ball over.

Speaking of Tony, does anyone have any word on him ? I know he had his surgery in early February, but when will he be ready ? Usually takes at least 6 to 7 months to return to activities if all goes well, and by the 9th month usually you are all the way back. Has anyone heard anything. ?

I haven't seen anything "Official" but I've seen rumblings throughout various tweets/comments/articles stating that he may not be ready for the start of camp/season.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ciology
RealGM

Post#52 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:06 pm

BoomBap wrote:tony is out for the season. #thesixersway

Whuut?!
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#53 » by BoomBap » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:26 pm

76ciology wrote:

Whuut?!

it was a joke :oops: :D
76ciology
RealGM

Post#54 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:29 pm

BoomBap wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Whuut?!

Ok. Thought it was real. :D
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#55 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:05 pm

I hope you're right, but the same argument about how its going to be difficult for Jackson to recover and regain his explosiveness can be applied to Wroten, who's coming off the same injury. Its going to take some time for him to adjust. I don't expect him to start playing decisive, confident basketball until January at the earliest.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,447

Post#56 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:08 pm

BoomBap wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Whuut?!

And a funny one too. #thesixersway
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
BarlesCharkley8
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#57 » by BarlesCharkley8 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:36 pm

This. Wroten very underrated by the fan base. Not saying he a future all-star, but he's certainly not a throw away piece.
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#58 » by bedjawII » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:01 pm

my issue with Wroten is he has to change his entire game and so far I have not seen even a little evidence that will happen or that the coaches want him to. I do expect Wroten to put up big numbers but not to turn his game around.
bedjawII
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#59 » by bedjawII » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:03 pm

BarlesCharkley8 wrote:

This. Wroten very underrated by the fan base. Not saying he a future all-star, but he's certainly not a throw away piece.

I don't think I've seen anyone say he's a throw away. That's hyperbole. But you won't find too many fans who have faith that he can develop into our PG moving forward. Right now he's the sixth man on a really bad team, he has a long way to go.
TheExpat
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#60 » by TheExpat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 am

ankle420breaker wrote:

I hope you're right, but the same argument about how its going to be difficult for Jackson to recover and regain his explosiveness can be applied to Wroten, who's coming off the same injury. Its going to take some time for him to adjust. I don't expect him to start playing decisive, confident basketball until January at the earliest.

Jackson had a torn achilles while Wroten had a partially torn ACL... to my understanding Pierre's injury is much more serious and has more effect on a player's explosiveness.
- Man is something that must be surpassed. Nietzsche

Return to Philadelphia 76ers