ImageImageImage

Sam Hinkie Approval poll-November 2015

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Do you approve of the job Sam Hinkie is doing?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 am

Yes
64%
No
25%
Undecided
11%

Total votes: 64

Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

Sam Hinkie Approval poll-November 2015 

Post#1 » by Lou_23 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:19 am

I think is a good moment because we are in difficult times

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1395465&start=60
June poll
Yes: 78%
No: 11%
Undecided: 11%

Do you approve of the job Sam Hinkie is doing?
I voted YES
Clutch31
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Sam Hinkie Approval poll-November 2015 

Post#2 » by Clutch31 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:30 am

Why are you in difficult times now ? It's not any different then a few months ago.
Everyone knows this season the 76ers will have trouble winning games. The team has two good young players, one of them is a rookie and the other is finding out how to play a different position. the rest of the guys are basically D-League level players fighting for a future in the NBA.

I personally like this project, building a team from zero. You just have to patient and a little lucky that pingpong balls will go your way or that your draftpicks will turn into great players.

In a few years from now, you will see others copying what Hinkie has been doing, because he has then succesfully created a great team fighting for championships.

Just be patient and don't stop the process while your halfway through the pain.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,075

Post#3 » by Embiid P » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:02 pm

I say "yes". I know things aren't exactly peachy right now, even by our standards but we still have to stay the course IMO. We have one hell of a young building block in Okafor and possibly another in Noel.

Our guard positions are in shambles (particularly at PG) but we should have Wroten and Marshall coming back soon, both of who if nothing else will be immediate upgrades over what we have on the court right now.

While I admit he hasn't had much talent to work with, our coach has made some questionable substitutions and play calls at times especially during crunch time, so I'm not sure he's the answer long term.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about how all the losing has been taking a toll on Okafor and Noel, so I would not be opposed to bringing in a vet or two before or at the trade deadline to mentor them, when hopefully we are far out in front for the worst record in the league and a few wins won't affect our lottery standings.

As far as the lotto picks go, I'm hoping for the best possible outcome but at the same time, as a Philly fan, I'm used to disappointment so I wouldn't be surprised if things don't go our way this offseason. If they don't, I hope Hinkie can improvise and possibly move a few of our assets for a young, up-and-coming star to pair with Okafor and/or target a few free agents of significance.

As far as Embiid goes, hopefully he'll play next year, and whatever he gives us would be a bonus at this point.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#4 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:05 pm

This isn't anything different. I don't know why anyone would vote no now who voted yes last time.
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#5 » by NYSixersFan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Hell no!
MountainDrew
Veteran
And1: 885

Post#6 » by MountainDrew » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:57 pm

He hasn't made any moves since last time, realistically. I agreed then, I still agree now. Okafor could have stabbed the dude, and it still would have been the right moves.
Trust the Process
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#7 » by the_process » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:32 am

Too early to do this again, even with the record losing streak in hand.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#8 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:37 am

NYSixersFan wrote:Hell no!

Please, outline your plan that will have us contending for a championship.

Or you just want to be average? Because that is easy. All freaking day, average sucks.
tsmith
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#9 » by tsmith » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:56 am

great kpi
sam-hinkie
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#10 » by sam-hinkie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Yes he has until next offseason to put a actual team on the court with plenty of picks plus caproom plus embiid and saric the key is the lakers pick conveying if that happens and we sign I few vets we could maybe get 35-41 wins next season so I'm hoping the lakers start wing more but if a few things don't go as planned I'm expecting him to try and sign someone a trade or something I can't do another season of d league players he has to put actuall players on the court next year or I expect many supporters will turn on him I'm not asking to creat a treadmill team but put NBA quality guys on the court but for now Trust the process

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,447

Post#11 » by Eyeamok » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Someone one else said this and I have to agree. I don't believe Sam Hinkie is great at talent evaluation. Not to say he is bad, but talent evaluation is not where he will get his highest grade. What he is good at, probably exceptional at, is getting assets and picks.

You get enough high picks or you get enough guys coming through your system and eventually you should hit on something good. Or see a pattern that you can capitalize on. I believe that is his major strength. That is why it is so important to have so many balls in the lottery (which he has accomplished). This way you can miss on a pick and still pick up another outstanding prospect.

Hinkie is a man that believes in numbers and analytics, but he also realizes that they only tell part of the story. Sometimes there are intangibles that just don't compute. This is why having multiple picks is so important.

On that end he has done a good job putting the team in the position to capitalize on multiple picks or finally just have the first overall pick in the next draft. So from me he gets a thumbs up.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#12 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm

I absolutely say yes!
His only goal here is win championship. He did not come here to make Sixers 40-45 win team. Harris knows that, and he wants the same.
We all know what he's doing - collecting assets.
What could he done better? I say he has been almost perfect.
1. He does not waste any money on players we don't need. He tried to get players like Bradley, Leonard, Butler. It did not work, he stand still, witch is right. Why waste money on players who you don't like.
2. Every draft he got maximum value. Embiid is debatable, but we will find it out later. He's drafting players not because he sees them as a part of championship team but because he knows they will have value if he will decide to trade them. Nobody is safe under Hinkle, and its fine.
Name ONE player he traded and it was wrong? Name one player he could've drafted but he did not (besides Whiteside). He is doing everything to make us great when the time is right. I'm sure he'll rob someone again in the future trading one of our bigs for a really great wing or point guard.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#13 » by 83SixersRocked » Tue Dec 1, 2015 5:44 pm

Half the people that answer the poll have no idea what he's doing.
bryanwithawhy
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#14 » by bryanwithawhy » Tue Dec 1, 2015 5:53 pm

He has been perfect besides not dropping one spot to take Porzingis. I really don't like Okafor's game.
Jeff Bezos says that if Amazon has a good quarter it’s because of work they did 3, 4, 5 years ago—not
because they did a good job that quarter.
F-Stop
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#15 » by F-Stop » Tue Dec 1, 2015 6:02 pm

I put myself down for a "Yes" ..

tough strength of schedule and having Wroten and Marshall (sit) out of the lineup has absolutely killed our chances of winning.

I give Hinkie a A for his asset collection.
B for his draft selection.
B+ for the process.
Make them respond to your way of playing not the other way around
Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Post#16 » by Worm122 » Tue Dec 1, 2015 7:47 pm

I Choose Yes because he made great trades and colect great assets, but i think they could have done better on the draft because they drafted to many bigs (Saric, Embiid, Okafor and Noel). In conclusion, i trust in the process, if we got the Lakers pick the tank will be over soon.
steveb21
Pro Prospect
And1: 123

Post#17 » by steveb21 » Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:17 pm

I chose Undecided because I think he could've done more to solidify the PG position. At worst he could've kept Ish who did a decent job at running the team and was developing a nice rapport with Noel. How are you supposed to develop Bigs when you don't have anyone who can get them the ball? Oh well, hopefully when Marshall comes back we'll see an improvement.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,447

Post#18 » by Eyeamok » Tue Dec 1, 2015 8:41 pm

steveb21 wrote:I chose Undecided because I think he could've done more to solidify the PG position. At worst he could've kept Ish who did a decent job at running the team and was developing a nice rapport with Noel. How are you supposed to develop Bigs when you don't have anyone who can get them the ball? Oh well, hopefully when Marshall comes back we'll see an improvement.

You know if we had kept Ish, who I really liked, at this point we would probably be heading towards less lottery balls than more.

As I tell my 9 year old niece every year for her birthday do you want to spend your birthday gift on a new doll or do you want me to put it towards your college fund?

I tell you what when she reaches 21 she is going to have one hell of a doll collection. :D
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers