ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

MatthewGeigerII
Bench Warmer
And1: 219

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#121 » by MatthewGeigerII » Wed Feb 3, 2016 6:27 pm

Jakarr Sampson for David Lee and 2016 Sixers 2nd round pick back.

Sixer's get paid for taking on a player yet agian. The reward, not a first like javale got us (because i would assume with the cap rising, the idea of taking on a player is less valuable in itself) but a high second which is our own pick back. jakarr is a throw in, instead of a foreign stash player 1- because he is cheap for the celtics 2- he can probably hang on their roster unless they want to cut him and bring in a 10 day or whatever.

i believe we would have to send something, correct? couldn't just get dave lee and a 2nd for "cash considerations" anymore or if we can than that's fine too.

but yeah premise being - take on lee, get our 2nd back.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#122 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:19 pm

MatthewGeigerII wrote:Jakarr Sampson for David Lee and 2016 Sixers 2nd round pick back.

Sixer's get paid for taking on a player yet agian. The reward, not a first like javale got us (because i would assume with the cap rising, the idea of taking on a player is less valuable in itself) but a high second which is our own pick back. jakarr is a throw in, instead of a foreign stash player 1- because he is cheap for the celtics 2- he can probably hang on their roster unless they want to cut him and bring in a 10 day or whatever.

i believe we would have to send something, correct? couldn't just get dave lee and a 2nd for "cash considerations" anymore or if we can than that's fine too.

You do know how much Lee is making right? You really think trading Sampson for lee and 2nd is fair value for that cap space?

The other trade scenario I proposed earlier still stands trade Landry for Lee plus a protected first.
MatthewGeigerII
Bench Warmer
And1: 219

Post#123 » by MatthewGeigerII » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:29 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
MatthewGeigerII wrote:Jakarr Sampson for David Lee and 2016 Sixers 2nd round pick back.

You do know how much Lee is making right? You really think trading Sampson for lee and 2nd is fair value for that cap space?

The other trade scenario I proposed earlier still stands trade Landry for Lee plus a protected first.

The 76ers have enough salary-cap space to take on McGee, who has been plagued with injuries over the past two years and fallen out of Denver coach Brian Shaw's plans. Unloading McGee creates an $11.2 million trade exception for the Nuggets, who will also clear the $12 million McGee had coming to him next season from their books.

To do this deal, the 76ers will acquire the Oklahoma City Thunder's 2015 first-round pick, which the Nuggets got in an earlier trade for Timofey Mozgov. That pick is top-18 protected, and if it rolls to next year it would be lottery protected. Denver also traded the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum to Philadelphia in exchange for the right to Cenk Akyol.

so cenk akyol = jakarr here. the OKC pick = the sixers 2016 second. and javale's 12 million = david lee's 15.49 million.

the reason i said a second instead of a first is because i don't think you will get a first for taking on a player again this year.

carl landry is 6.5 million. they would be saving almost half of lee's salary but the pick would not be a protected 1st for 8.99 mil. i don't believe it would but who knows.

i would believe if we combined the two (carl landry for david lee and the 2016 sixers 2nd)... now that may be closer to a deal they'd do.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,545

Post#124 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 8:11 pm

MatthewGeigerII wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

The 76ers have enough salary-cap space to take on McGee, who has been plagued with injuries over the past two years and fallen out of Denver coach Brian Shaw's plans. Unloading McGee creates an $11.2 million trade exception for the Nuggets, who will also clear the $12 million McGee had coming to him next season from their books.

To do this deal, the 76ers will acquire the Oklahoma City Thunder's 2015 first-round pick, which the Nuggets got in an earlier trade for Timofey Mozgov. That pick is top-18 protected, and if it rolls to next year it would be lottery protected. Denver also traded the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum to Philadelphia in exchange for the right to Cenk Akyol.

so cenk akyol = jakarr here. the OKC pick = the sixers 2016 second. and javale's 12 million = david lee's 15.49 million.

the reason i said a second instead of a first is because i don't think you will get a first for taking on a player again this year.

carl landry is 6.5 million. they would be saving almost half of lee's salary but the pick would not be a protected 1st for 8.99 mil. i don't believe it would but who knows.

i would believe if we combined the two (carl landry for david lee and the 2016 sixers 2nd)... now that may be closer to a deal they'd do.

Sixers don't have room to do Lee for Jakarr.

As for including Landry, Philly would have to be the one adding incentive, not Boston. And Boston wouldn't do it.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#125 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:05 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
MatthewGeigerII wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

As for including Landry, Philly would have to be the one adding incentive, not Boston. And Boston wouldn't do it.

Huh? Landry is making 6.5 million and putting up some of the best stats of his career and is comfortable in a limited role (over 20+ PER). His deal is movable without adding picks or taking on bad contracts.

Lee hasn't been playing well is making 15 million and is out of Bostons rotation entirely. Boston according to sources (realgm) if they can't find a deal are prepared to eat his entire deal.

The stance you are taking is not centered in reality.
HartfordWhalers

Post#126 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:10 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
MatthewGeigerII wrote:

Huh? Landry is making 6.5 million and putting up some of the best stats of his career and is comfortable in a limited role (over 20+ PER). His deal is movable without adding picks or taking on bad contracts.

Lee hasn't been playing well is making 15 million and is out of Bostons rotation entirely. Boston according to sources (realgm) if they can't find a deal are prepared to eat his entire deal.

You are kidding yourself.

If Landry were movable without picks, he would be gone. There is no way Boston wants to cut into next year's cap space by taking him on.

As for his PER, he has played a grand total of 141 minutes and 11 games. Might want to tap the breaks there, especially before you start making comments like those about reality.
HartfordWhalers

Post#127 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:13 pm

oyoyer wrote:Don't bother responding to that, because none of us here are interested in your further slobbering all over Booker's knob.

Don't post like this again. Its not acceptable at all.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#128 » by Skates » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:31 pm

I'd love to get Booker in here and would gladly trade the Laker's pick for him, I also think the Suns would laugh in our faces at that offer. The draft last year is looking like a loaded one and Booker is easily one of the five best. I would much prefer him over DLo Russell, Mario or Muiday among the guards. The guy is going to be good, really good, and he fits the modern game almost to a T.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#129 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:57 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

If Landry were movable without picks, he would be gone. There is no way Boston wants to cut into next year's cap space by taking him on.

As for his PER, he has played a grand total of 141 minutes and 11 games. Might want to tap the breaks there, especially before you start making comments like those about reality.

Landry has been recovering from wrist surgery which is likely the reason why he hasn't been moved. He's still on a minutes limit. My point is you could likely move him for much smaller expiring. For example the heat have been getting zero production out of their backup PF they'd probably jump at a Anderson for Landry deal.

If not the option is always open to keep Landry and use the cap space to help out a team like OKC with their cap bill. Which Hinkie has said he is already interested in doing. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to absorb lee contract which you then will have to buyout, sacrifice the cap space this year you could use to do other deals, and not get anything in return.
HartfordWhalers

Post#130 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:59 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Landry has been recovering from wrist surgery which is likely the reason why he hasn't been moved. He's still on a minutes limit. My point is you could likely move him for much smaller expiring. For example the heat have been getting zero production out of their backup PF they'd probably jump at a Anderson for Landry deal.

If not the option is always open to keep Landry and use the cap space to help out a team like OKC with their cap bill. Which Hinkie has said he is already interested in doing. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to absorb lee contract which you then will have to buyout, sacrifice the cap space this year you could use to do other deals, and not get anything in return.

The Heat aren;t going to give up having max cap space for Carl Landry.

And Landry isn't on a minutes restriction last I heard. He just is getting restricted minutes (for a reason).
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#131 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:59 pm

Skates wrote:I'd love to get Booker in here and would gladly trade the Laker's pick for him, I also think the Suns would laugh in our faces at that offer. The draft last year is looking like a loaded one and Booker is easily one of the five best. I would much prefer him over DLo Russell, Mario or Muiday among the guards. The guy is going to be good, really good, and he fits the modern game almost to a T.

I don't think you can move the Lakers pick until you know what it is at this point.

If it's 4th overall that would be a severe overpay and I like Booker but I don't see a star like you do.
Donald_Trade
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#132 » by Donald_Trade » Wed Feb 3, 2016 10:14 pm

The #4 pick would not even be close to fetching you Booker. Booker is younger than Ben Simmons, btw.

Knowing what we know now Booker would be in the conversation for the #1 pick in that draft. Anyway Booker is just about as untouchable as he can be.

If someone could guarantee you right now that you would land a prospect as good as Devin Booker with a #4 pick you take that any time without even hesitating a second.
HartfordWhalers

Post#133 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 10:27 pm

I would like Booker a lot more if I thought he played even passable defense. But he doesn't. Which doesn't take away from his offensive game which is very nice.

All of which is to say that I definitely don't think anyone outside of Suns fans are seeing Booker in conversations with Simmons for #1.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#134 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Feb 3, 2016 11:26 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

And Landry isn't on a minutes restriction last I heard. He just is getting restricted minutes (for a reason).

It is kind of frustrating debating fans like yourself because what you are really looking for is a singular outcome you want to happen instead of being honest about what will happen.

Lee has negative value and the Celtics have already mentioned publicly they will either trade him or buy him out. Now I don't know how willing ownership is to eat his deal but the idea that Landry whose played well this year and makes 1/3 of what Lee does isn't worth him straight up in a trade is crazy talk.

Even if they were to buy him out immediately after acquiring him they still would save 3-4 million. Beyond that there is zero logic in Hinkie giving up capspace and getting nothing in return. Worse then getting nothing in return he gives up someone who is playing well (in limited opportunities) and is fine with his role who unlike Lee could continue to remain on the roster moving forward (Lee would get buried behind Noel and Okafor).

Also this probably the last year you will see teams dump contracts for significant assets considering the cap increase next year. Now there maybe no other teams willing to dump contacts. I find that hard to believe considering OKC and Miami both have been rumored to be trying to offload their 1 year deals to save some coin against the luxury tax all year.

I guess we will see. You may very well get your wish and Boston will just dump him not surrendering an asset or maybe ownership will give up a moderate asset to save cash.
HartfordWhalers

Post#135 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Feb 3, 2016 11:31 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

It is kind of frustrating debating fans like yourself because what you are really looking for is a singular outcome you want to happen instead of being honest about what will happen.

Lee has negative value and the Celtics have already mentioned publicly they will either trade him or buy him out. Now I don't know how willing ownership is to eat his deal but the idea that Landry whose played well this year and makes 1/3 of what Lee does isn't worth him straight up in a trade is crazy talk.

Even if they were to buy him out immediately after acquiring him they still would save 3-4 million. Beyond that there is zero logic in Hinkie giving up capspace and getting nothing in return. Worse then getting nothing in return he gives up someone who is playing well (in limited opportunities) and is fine with his role who unlike Lee could continue to remain on the roster moving forward (Lee would get buried behind Noel and Okafor).

Also this probably the last year you will see teams dump contracts for significant assets considering the cap increase next year. Now there maybe no other teams willing to dump contacts. I find that hard to believe considering OKC and Miami both have been rumored to be trying to offload their 1 year deals to save some coin against the luxury tax all year.

I guess we will see. You may very well get your wish and Boston will just dump him not surrendering an asset or maybe ownership will give up a moderate asset to save cash.

Crazy talk? Your funny man. Yes, lots of teams will give an expiring for Landry, cause he has an awesome PER and he is only playing limited minutes because his wrist injury still? Oh boy.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#136 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:01 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Crazy talk? Your funny man. Yes, lots of teams will give an expiring for Landry, cause he has an awesome PER and he is only playing limited minutes because his wrist injury still? Oh boy.

It seems like you are one of those fans who think expiring are super ultra valuable. They aren't. Anderson has been useless all year. He's a net - whatever is left on his deal.

If you at it from the perspective of Anderson being a writeoff at 5 million and Landry making 13 million over the next two years. What you are essentially looking at is Landry for two years and 8 million. Is that really that bad?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#137 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:09 am

Donald_Trade wrote:The #4 pick would not even be close to fetching you Booker. Booker is younger than Ben Simmons, btw.

Simmons was born in July of 1996
Booker was born in October of 1996
HartfordWhalers

Post#138 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Feb 4, 2016 12:10 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

It seems like you are one of those fans who think expiring are super ultra valuable. They aren't. Anderson has been useless all year. He's a net - whatever is left on his deal.

If you at it from the perspective of Anderson being a writeoff at 5 million and Landry making 13 million over the next two years. What you are essentially looking at is Landry for two years and 8 million. Is that really that bad?

Lets see:

Anderson and pay less taxes this year and have max cap space to offer to Whiteside or
The upgrade that is Landry as your 5th big, a bigger tax bill, and not enough money to offer a max to Whiteside or someone else next summer.

Miami doesn't even consider that deal and instead just laughs at it. It is not that expirings are so valuable -- Lee and Anderson are both negative value just like Gerald Wallace was -- it is that Landry is worse than expiring.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#139 » by freshie2 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 3:09 am

Donald_Trade wrote:The #4 pick would not even be close to fetching you Booker. Booker is younger than Ben Simmons, btw.

Knowing what we know now Booker would be in the conversation for the #1 pick in that draft. Anyway Booker is just about as untouchable as he can be.

If someone could guarantee you right now that you would land a prospect as good as Devin Booker with a #4 pick you take that any time without even hesitating a second.

Put Booker back in this draft, and he's still only going after the top 2. I like him as a shooter, but he's not in Simmons class and a notch below Ingram due to the length/versatility.
freshie2
RealGM
And1: 599

Post#140 » by freshie2 » Thu Feb 4, 2016 3:14 am

Who are the most active teams at the deadline? Phoenix, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Boston? Biggest name to get moved? Griffin, Howard, Jabari?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers