RealGM
And1: 3,879

Re: Report: Sixers interested in RFA Allen Crabbe 

Post#81 » by bebopdeluxe » Fri Jul 1, 2016 5:55 pm

Ericb5 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I would trade Okafor or Noel for CJ

LOL. That's nice. Portland'd not trading CJ

Hell, at 15 for Crabbe, you guys are welcome to him. I hope Portland lets him walk. He's truly not worth the numbers that are thrown around for him.

I will say though, Portland does have one of the richest owner in all of sports. They aren't going to feel as much pressure to trade guys for cap concerns as a team like OKC.

There is nothing more obnoxious that a poster can do than to come to another team's board and answer with an LOL at a trade offer discussion that had nothing to do with them anyway. It is like walking up to two people that are having a conversation on the street, and tapping one of them on the shoulder and calling them a moron.

Yet, another thing I would warn, and then ban people for. There is no constructive conversation when someone comes in as a ******.

Agree 100% with this. I am happy to have posters from other teams jump on our board when we are discussing their players, but that LOL crap has to go.

The reality is to get another team's RFA means, in all likelihood, an overpay...especially with the Monopoly money that is being thrown around today. The reality is for at least this year - and perhaps next year - we have a TON of money to,spend just to get to the cap floor. I have no problem with seeong if a 2+1 (team) contract at a high $$$ shakes Crabbe loose. I would rather spend it on him than some "name" guy on a short deal like Jamal Crawford. After two years, Crawford is likely done...while Crabbe - with consistent minutes - could actually be a key rotation piece for us...playing in May.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#82 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Jul 1, 2016 7:44 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
You should. I've been telling a lot of teams fans that you're gonna have buyers remorse over spending 15+ mil for Crabbe for 4 years once you see how limited he is. At most, he's only worth 10mil per, even in this new era NBA.

Thats honest lol. I mean, I'll take a gamble at him for two years to see if he can improve, as we have to spend money anyway. But 4 years? No. I'm actually good with RoCo Grant Sause Luwawu Thompson at wings. For one season we good. PG is another story.

I'm honest with it because I think the number that gets thrown out for him is insane for how limited his game really is. He's a great fit as a backup sharpshooter (he's streaky btw, his percentages don't reflect consistency) who brings little else to the table. His defense is not that good, he can't create offense for himself and he can't create offense for other people. So he's basically got one skill.

Whoever mentioned Danny Green, that's an excellent example. Same with like a Marco Bellineli. If his shots not falling, what good is he on the floor? I'm not excited to be paying 15-17mil per year to have that sitting on the bench. I could stomach it for 2 years, but 4? I'll happily let him walk.

Does Evan Turner come with KY Jelly?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
BenSimmons4MVP
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#83 » by BenSimmons4MVP » Fri Jul 1, 2016 9:03 pm

Matthew Dellavedova is gone...
Iverson2Simmons. Its 1996 all over again! :D
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#84 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Jul 1, 2016 11:34 pm

Is Crabbe going to sign in the Clarkson range or the ET range?
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
Cheatergriffin
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#85 » by Cheatergriffin » Fri Jul 1, 2016 11:43 pm

Id prob say clarkson range more than ET, homie just got paid crazy money
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#86 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 1, 2016 11:49 pm

It makes me sick to my stomach to see Evan Turner get that kind of money, but it's obvious Portland misses what Nic Batum gave them and are trying to replace him with Turner.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#87 » by Stanford » Sat Jul 2, 2016 12:02 am

LloydFree wrote:It makes me sick to my stomach to see Evan Turner get that kind of money

I think that makes you odd.
sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#88 » by sixers78 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 3:45 am

What do you guys think Crabbe will demand? I'm guessing in the 15-17 range or he will at least try for that as he should. Clarkson got about $12.5mil whereas Evan/Kent Bazemore got $17mil (however more experience/well rounded). I'm thinking $13mil per is reasonable. Not sure what Portland intentions are.

Ericb5 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I would trade Okafor or Noel for CJ

Hell, at 15 for Crabbe, you guys are welcome to him. I hope Portland lets him walk. He's truly not worth the numbers that are thrown around for him.

I will say though, Portland does have one of the richest owner in all of sports. They aren't going to feel as much pressure to trade guys for cap concerns as a team like OKC.

There is nothing more obnoxious that a poster can do than to come to another team's board and answer with an LOL at a trade offer discussion that had nothing to do with them anyway. It is like walking up to two people that are having a conversation on the street, and tapping one of them on the shoulder and calling them a moron.

Yet, another thing I would warn, and then ban people for. There is no constructive conversation when someone comes in as a ******.

Did you just skim past the rest after "LOL" along with the exchange him and the Sixers poster had? Because a civil back and forth took place.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#89 » by Ericb5 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 3:56 am

sixers78 wrote:What do you guys think Crabbe will demand? I'm guessing in the 15-17 range or he will at least try for that as he should. Clarkson got about $12.5mil whereas Evan/Kent Bazemore got $17mil (however more experience/well rounded). I'm thinking $13mil per is reasonable. Not sure what Portland intentions are.

Ericb5 wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Did you just skim past the rest after "LOL" along with the exchange him and the Sixers poster had? Because a civil back and forth took place.

Yes. I did.

If a civil discussion in this case ensued then it is a rarity. Usually it turns into arguing, and it is completely childish.

Obnoxiousness doesn't HAVE to be part of message boards. We are not hurting for posters so it isn't like we need to keep every one around.

Maybe not for the first offense, but I'd ban the guy easily, and the board would become a more civil place with each successive banning.

There are Sixers fans that do the same thing. This is common to all fan bases. If we just shaved off the bottom 5-10% how much better would the discourse be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#90 » by the_process » Sat Jul 2, 2016 5:51 am

DusterBuster wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Yeah, I know Portland is not trading CJ now. There were rumors in December of trading Noel for CJ, and I remember a lot of Portand fans saying its a great trade. Not now i guess lol.
I would gamble at Crabbe for two years 30 mil, see how it turns out. If he's not worth it, well, who cares, its just two years.

The only rumor there ever was came from the RealGM Trade Board. I don't recall any legit rumors about CJ for Noel/Okafor or whoever else.

Also, at 2 years, I think Portland matches 15mil. It's when you get to those 4 year deals that it gets harry.

Not seeing Portland matching anything over 12M for any length over one year now that they dumped almost 20% of their cap on Evan Turner.

20% of the cap. On Evan Turner. Is it wrong to say Dell Demps is jealous of that team building strategy?
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#91 » by marcush » Sat Jul 2, 2016 6:41 am

Stanford wrote:
LloydFree wrote:It makes me sick to my stomach to see Evan Turner get that kind of money

I think that makes you odd.

Suitable comment from a mod?
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#92 » by rzzzzz » Sat Jul 2, 2016 4:55 pm

marcush wrote:Suitable comment from a mod?

glad he said it.
mrfantast1c
Senior
And1: 65

Post#93 » by mrfantast1c » Sat Jul 2, 2016 5:27 pm

Why is this thread so sensitive? There's nothing out of the ordinary in any of these discussions. Nobody is being disrespected. As long as that's the case, let's just move along, and continue talking basketball.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#94 » by Skates » Sat Jul 2, 2016 5:35 pm

mrfantast1c wrote:Why is this thread so sensitive? There's nothing out of the ordinary in any of these discussions. Nobody is being disrespected. As long as that's the case, let's just move along, and continue talking basketball.

This thread clearly makes everyone all Crabbey :wink:
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#95 » by Masterfully » Sat Jul 2, 2016 5:36 pm

Portland fan here. Without dropping any LOLs I can confirm that CJ won't be getting traded. Portland management values him way too high for anything realistic.

Anyway, back to Crabbe. I really like him. He's a nice outside shooter. Has a pull up off the dribble mid range shot that can be deadly. His defense is solid. Great guy to have and I hope Portland keeps him.

His knock is he doesn't do the other little things like rebounding and creating for his teammates. As a guy making $800,000 off the bench nobody cares about those holes in his game, but at $17 million per year you might want him to do more than hit open shots.

With Simmons handling the ball I think Crabbe would make a great outlet for his passing. Good luck and if you guys get Crabbe you'll be happy.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#96 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jul 2, 2016 5:38 pm

rzzzzz wrote:

glad he said it.

It was addressed so we can move on. Probably just an attempt to be funny. He is not very serious when posting.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#97 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 2, 2016 6:08 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:

glad he said it.

It was addressed so we can move on. Probably just an attempt to be funny. He is not very serious when posting.

I guess dropping a hard L is frowned upon here. I'll adjust any future posts to emojis or the old standard haha.

Was reading Tom Moore's tweets saying that the Sixers were prepared to offer him 4yrs/50mil but then didn't offer it. Have to imagine if that's offered Portland probably matches.

Anyone here interested in a S&T of Crabbe to the Sixers? Instead of CJ for Noel (or Okafor, I can never keep track which guy is on the trade block) Crabbe, then throw in a guy like Vonleh and maybe a pick for one of the centers?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
NJ SixerFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 951

Post#98 » by NJ SixerFan » Sat Jul 2, 2016 6:13 pm

At this point with the money being thrown around I'd guess this guy is looking for 4 years 17+ a season and I don't think hes worth it or done enough to justify that kind of money. So unless its a reasonable deal I would stay away from this guys as well.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#99 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 2, 2016 6:15 pm

NJ SixerFan wrote:At this point with the money being thrown around I'd guess this guy is looking for 4 years 17+ a season and I don't think hes worth it or done enough to justify that kind of money. So unless its a reasonable deal I would stay away from this guys as well.

I've certainly had to adjust my thinking once the numbers started flying in. Seems 4yr/70mil is kinda the going rate for a young starting caliber 10ppg player. Crabbe, as limited as he is, can be a starting caliber player.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
NJ SixerFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 951

Post#100 » by NJ SixerFan » Sat Jul 2, 2016 6:20 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
NJ SixerFan wrote:At this point with the money being thrown around I'd guess this guy is looking for 4 years 17+ a season and I don't think hes worth it or done enough to justify that kind of money. So unless its a reasonable deal I would stay away from this guys as well.

I've certainly had to adjust my thinking once the numbers started flying in. Seems 4yr/70mil is kinda the going rate for a young starting caliber 10ppg player. Crabbe, as limited as he is, can be a starting caliber player.

Just because other teams are throwing out large money on low end players doesn't mean the sixers should. I would much rather maintain cap flexibility going forward into the season and be able to make and facilitate the right moves for the sixers then to be strapped with 17 mil a year players who offer very little more then the players currently on the team. I'd be much more comfortable hoping that Sauce fixes that 3pt shot and watching Luwawu develop then to spend 17mil on a guy who likely doesn't offer much more then they do.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers