ImageImageImage

Okafor trade talk: Will he be traded by the deadline?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Re: Okafor trade talk: Will he be traded by the deadline? 

Post#2021 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm

TTP wrote:
TFK wrote:
Cheatergriffin wrote:If the lakers were smart theyd give up russell for jah + their pick back. Both are disappointments, enviornment change with both organizations hoping will help. We'd be the montverde sixers.

In a perfect world the lakers value their pick back more than russell. Let them draft fultz or ball (west coast bias) we draft josh jackson. The end.

Russell,jackson,cov,simmons,embiid.

I dont even like russell but think he'd play way better with simmons as a primary facilitator.

Wait, what? Nobody would give up the Lakers pick for Russell straight up, let along throwing Jah in with it.

I think Russell and the Lakers pick are pretty close in value with maybe a slight lean towards the pick. I'm higher on Russell than most though - I think he's been misused a bit and would function really well next to Simmons. His shooting and passing efficiency should both increase significantly as a secondary creator.

The LAL pick is significantly more valuable at this point than D'Angelo Russell. Russell hasn't shown much in 1.5 years to indicate he'll be a star player, and furthermore he hasn't shown much (if any) statistical improvement this year, which is a red flag.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#2022 » by ckchen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Cheatergriffin wrote:If the lakers were smart theyd give up russell for jah + their pick back. Both are disappointments, enviornment change with both organizations hoping will help. We'd be the montverde sixers.

In a perfect world the lakers value their pick back more than russell. Let them draft fultz or ball (west coast bias) we draft josh jackson. The end.

I dont even like russell but think he'd play way better with simmons as a primary facilitator.

I'd give the Lakers their pick back for Russel. We can't get the pick until it's #4, and Jackson and Ball won't be available at #4, so I'd take him over whoever was left. Adding Okafor is near meaningless, for me.

I think you're somehow misremembering/hoping that the DAR you'd get back is the one from right after draft, not the one currently playing for the laker's two years later. The Lakers and every single fan of theirs would jump all over that pick like nobody's business and never look back. You need to refamiliarize with Russell and what he's become and what his current value is. Also, that this draft is widely considered much deeper than just Jackson and Ball and I would imagine that players into the top 6 or 8 would all be heavily valued over Russell at this point.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#2023 » by KKell2507 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:02 pm

ckchen wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

I'd give the Lakers their pick back for Russel. We can't get the pick until it's #4, and Jackson and Ball won't be available at #4, so I'd take him over whoever was left. Adding Okafor is near meaningless, for me.

I think you're somehow misremembering/hoping that the DAR you'd get back is the one from right after draft, not the one currently playing for the laker's two years later. The Lakers and every single fan of theirs would jump all over that pick like nobody's business and never look back. You need to refamiliarize with Russell and what he's become and what his current value is. Also, that this draft is widely considered much deeper than just Jackson and Ball and I would imagine that players into the top 6 or 8 would all be heavily valued over Russell at this point.

Yeah Tatum, Isaac, and Smith Jr are all terrific prospects 4-6 after Fultz, Ball, and Jackson. I take the Lakers pick at 4 over Russell right now. 2 in the top 6 of this draft is my dream scenario, get 1 of the PGs and 1 of the SFs.

They want to give us Russell for Okafor and some change then hell yeah! But no way am I giving up that Lakers pick for Russell right now.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#2024 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

What could Indiana offer? I guess just a pick?
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2025 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:07 pm

The best I would offer for Russell is the following:

Sixers trade:
CE Jahlil Okafor
PG Jerryd Bayless
1 or 2 2nd round picks

Lakers trade:
SG D'Angelo Russell
SF Luol Deng

We add value on top of Okafor by adding 1 or 2 2nd round picks and downgrading the bad contract of Jerryd Bayless for the much worse contract of Luol Deng.

I'm not giving up any more than this for Russell.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#2026 » by TTP » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Arsenal wrote:
TTP wrote:
TFK wrote:Wait, what? Nobody would give up the Lakers pick for Russell straight up, let along throwing Jah in with it.

I think Russell and the Lakers pick are pretty close in value with maybe a slight lean towards the pick. I'm higher on Russell than most though - I think he's been misused a bit and would function really well next to Simmons. His shooting and passing efficiency should both increase significantly as a secondary creator.

The LAL pick is significantly more valuable at this point than D'Angelo Russell. Russell hasn't shown much in 1.5 years to indicate he'll be a star player, and furthermore he hasn't shown much (if any) statistical improvement this year, which is a red flag.

He's definitely shown statistical improvement. He's maintaining TS% despite an increase in usage and increased his assist rate without sacrificing his turnover rate. He's getting to the line more and shooting better there. His rebounding, steal, and block rates have all increased. His 3 point % is more or less the same as last year but he's creating more of his own shots.

RPM likes him a lot more this year too (60th/69 among PGs last year, 20th/89 this year).

The main area he seems to have regressed is getting to the rim and finishing there, a weakness he showed in college as well.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#2027 » by 51X3RF4N » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Don't know how to post a twitter link, but peeps are saying the Blazers are taking calls on Damian Lillard. This indicates to me that they're looking for a big package and are going with CJM as their lead guard of the future. CJM/Crabbe would be set as starters, so maybe they're looking for SF/PF/C?

Could Sixers offer Covington/Saric/Okafor, while taking back a contract or two, and sending the LAL pick plus another future pick, and actually make it happen?

Lillard/Simmons/Embiid would be amazing. Plug in a 17 draft pick and don't even worry about the rest.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2028 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Don't know how to post a twitter link, but peeps are saying the Blazers are taking calls on Damian Lillard. This indicates to me that they're looking for a big package and are going with CJM as their lead guard of the future. CJM/Crabbe would be set as starters, so maybe they're looking for SF/PF/C?

Could Sixers offer Covington/Saric/Okafor, while taking back a contract or two, and sending the LAL pick plus another future pick, and actually make it happen?

Lillard/Simmons/Embiid would be amazing. Plug in a 17 draft pick and don't even worry about the rest.

Damian Lillard isn't worth what it will take to get him. He gives up almost as much on D as he gives you on O. Unless the price is very low, it's a pass.
LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#2029 » by LongLiveHinkie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I'd rather not get Lillard. We can get someone as good as him in this draft who will be 5-6 years younger and way cheaper. And it would prob cost both our 1sts.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#2030 » by thenbaman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Please no Ingram or Russell,don't care for either player and would
rather keep the laker pick,and go with the best draft pick.
There is no rush on oak were under no pressure keep him
until draft time and see what plays out.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#2031 » by Arsenal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm

TTP wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
TTP wrote:

He's definitely shown statistical improvement. He's maintaining TS% despite an increase in usage and increased his assist rate without sacrificing his turnover rate. He's getting to the line more and shooting better there. His rebounding, steal, and block rates have all increased. His 3 point % is more or less the same as last year but he's creating more of his own shots.

RPM likes him a lot more this year too (60th/69 among PGs last year, 20th/89 this year).

The main area he seems to have regressed is getting to the rim and finishing there, a weakness he showed in college as well.

He's improved, but not very much. Overall still a disappointment. And it's not like he's growing into his body in a major way like his teammate Ingram. There isn't a lot of upside in terms of physical development.

So overall, his "Superstar equity" is severely diminished versus when he was drafted. That's why he doesn't have near the value of the LAL pick anymore, which projects top 6 in a super strong draft. At this point I'd be happy if he ends up as good as C.J. McCollum.
KKell2507
Starter

Post#2032 » by KKell2507 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Just curious, but if the Lakers were to actually offer it up, would you rather have Brandon Ingram or D'Angelo Russell?
FlightBrothers
Bench Warmer
And1: 179

Post#2033 » by FlightBrothers » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 pm

KKell2507 wrote:Just curious, but if the Lakers were to actually offer it up, would you rather have Brandon Ingram or D'Angelo Russell?

Russell
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#2034 » by sixers hoops » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:33 pm

LongLiveHinkie wrote:What could Indiana offer? I guess just a pick?

I'd guess this year's first.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#2035 » by Kobblehead » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 pm

KKell2507 wrote:Just curious, but if the Lakers were to actually offer it up, would you rather have Brandon Ingram or D'Angelo Russell?

Russell. Ingram has always been a fake top prospect, to me.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#2036 » by Sixersftw » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter

I'll fight Josh Harris if 3 out of 5 of those GMs aren't BC, JC, and Sam Hinkie
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
KKell2507
Starter

Post#2037 » by KKell2507 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Im sure Magic hasnt FULLY familiarized himself with the Lakers pick situation in the 3 hours hes been in office(maybe hes known it all along), but I wonder how interested he would be if we were to add protection on their pick for them this year where they were basically guaranteed to keep it, and also gave them Okafor. Wonder what he would be willing to give up for that?

For example:
Lakers get: Jahlil Okafor, protection on picks 4-10 in 2017 draft.
Sixers get: ?

The Lakers keeping their pick would be huge for them down the road because if they were to lose it this year, they would also lose their 1st to Orlando in 2019. However if they keep it this year, Orlando would only get 2nd rd picks from the Lakers in the future. Would be very intrigued to see how much value Magic would be willing to give up in that scenario.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#2038 » by Sixersftw » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 pm

KKell2507 wrote:Im sure Magic hasnt FULLY familiarized himself with the Lakers pick situation in the 3 hours hes been in office(maybe hes known it all along), but I wonder how interested he would be if we were to add protection on their pick for them this year where they were basically guaranteed to keep it, and also gave them Okafor. Wonder what he would be willing to give up for that?

For example:
Lakers get: Jahlil Okafor, protection on picks 4-10 in 2017 draft.
Sixers get: ?

The Lakers keeping their pick would be huge for them down the road because if they were to lose it this year, they would also lose their 1st to Orlando in 2019. However if they keep it this year, Orlando would only get 2nd rd picks from the Lakers in the future. Would be very intrigued to see how much value Magic would be willing to give up in that scenario.

Real talk, the Lakers don't have anything they'd be willing to spend in order to get that package. You'd have to gut that team.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,839

Post#2039 » by Mik317 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd do that for Russell. Pretty easily.

yeah he's not perfect but he wouldn't need to be here like he kinda has to in LA.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#2040 » by Unbreakable99 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 pm

I would give the Lakers pick back to the Lakers for Russell. I think that's a fair trade. I think the pick is worth more than Russell should we get it. Next year Russell may be worth more than the pick in a weaker draft if we don't get the pick. It's a gamble. I'd do the deal but I still think the Lakers wouldn't and willing to gamble they keep the pick this year.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers