ImageImageImage

EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,096

Re: EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!! 

Post#581 » by Embiid P » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:49 pm

Negrodamus wrote:It’s very funny that making the SB is the kiss of death for Eagles coaches (Reid, Peterson, Sirianni)

It took Reid 7 seasons to get fired after making the SB and Pederson 3 seasons after winning it. Mind you, Sirianni and company haven't done a good job this season but it's a bit premature to assume that he'll be fired. That said, I fully expect both coordinators to be gone after the season.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,080

Post#582 » by mjkvol » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:52 pm

kriss73 wrote:Season is over imho.
I hope Howie can identify the guilty party in the off-season

You kidding? "Guilty party"? Was a crime committed, or was a football team just not as good as everyone thought, be it from age catching up, the QB being a shade overrated, or a combination of a lot of things?
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#583 » by mjkvol » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:54 pm

Embiid P wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:It’s very funny that making the SB is the kiss of death for Eagles coaches (Reid, Peterson, Sirianni)

It took Reid 7 seasons to get fired after making the SB and Pederson 3 seasons after winning it. Mind you, Sirianni and company haven't done a good job this season but it's a bit premature to assume that he'll be fired. That said, I fully expect both coordinators to be gone after the season.

Only schlock organizations fire a HC one season out from a SB appearance and in a season where they are a playoff team. The loss of coordinators was big, but it's clear the talent wasn't what it was supposed to be and some players just got old.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,819

Post#584 » by kriss73 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:54 pm

mjkvol wrote:

You kidding? "Guilty party"? Was a crime committed, or was a football team just not as good as everyone thought, be it from age catching up, the QB being a shade overrated, or a combination of a lot of things?
Something is broken.
We weren't a 10-1 team but for sure we have the talent not to be a 1+6 team.
So something or someone is the issue

Inviato dal mio DN2103 utilizzando Tapatalk
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#585 » by mjkvol » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:57 pm

kriss73 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Something is broken.

Obviously, but maybe Roseman is part of the "guilty" party. Whatever it is, this is still a solid team that needs some tweaks, and a QB that needs all the pieces working to be as good as he can be.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,954

Post#586 » by Mik317 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:33 am

again this is their Horford season

didn't look right all season but the record was good...until the end.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,792

Post#587 » by Sixersftw » Mon Jan 8, 2024 1:11 am

My mental health, once again, is in Joel Embiid's hands.

I'm so cooked.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#588 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:03 am

Anybody but the Cowboys.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#589 » by Embiid P » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:05 am

Phila Tough wrote:Anybody but the Cowboys.

Or the Niners given how arrogant and whiny their players and fans are. If not the Eagles, I hope the Lions come out of the NFC (unlikely I know). I think the Ravens are the favorites to win it all which I'd also be ok with.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#590 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:37 am

Embiid P wrote:

Or the Niners given how arrogant and whiny their players and fans are. If not the Eagles, I hope the Lions come out of the NFC (unlikely I know). I think the Ravens are the favorites to win it all which I'd also be ok with.

49ers reddit is insufferable. we were living rent free in those guys heads early in the season. One of my favorite internet videos is that Philly guy giving Bosa a hard time last year. Boooosaaaa :lol: but yeah Baltimore is like Philly lite, so I'd be okay with them winning it all.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,320

Post#591 » by Arsenal » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:23 pm

mjkvol wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

Something is broken.

Obviously, but maybe Roseman is part of the "guilty" party. Whatever it is, this is still a solid team that needs some tweaks, and a QB that needs all the pieces working to be as good as he can be.

Howie is definitely "guilty" because the defense lost a ton of talent compared to last year. That's because of his cap shenanigans in previous years, which are now coming due.

The other "guilty party is whoever decided to fire the DC midseason, as the wheels totally fell off the D after the switch from Desai to Patricia. Our defense is now the worst I've ever seen in almost 40 years of fandom.

They have to take a pause/reset year next year. Get rid of all expensive veterans and eat the cap charges in 2024. Then start fresh with clean books in 2025.

The current run is over. The only reason to keep the coach is since 2024 is a lost year anyway, let him be a tank commander.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#592 » by Embiid P » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:49 pm

Arsenal wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Something is broken.

Howie is definitely "guilty" because the defense lost a ton of talent compared to last year. That's because of his cap shenanigans in previous years, which are now coming due.

The other "guilty party is whoever decided to fire the DC midseason, as the wheels totally fell off the D after the switch from Desai to Patricia. Our defense is now the worst I've ever seen in almost 40 years of fandom.

They have to take a pause/reset year next year. Get rid of all expensive veterans and eat the cap charges in 2024. Then start fresh with clean books in 2025.

The current run is over. The only reason to keep the coach is since 2024 is a lost year anyway, let him be a tank commander.

Actually our cap situation isn't that dire next season when we are currently projected to have a little over $28 million in cap space (per Spotrac) which places us near the middle of the pack at 18 out of 32 teams and ahead of our biggest conference rivals in SF and Dallas.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2024/

I say replace the coordinators with more seasoned ones (Arthur Smith for OC and Brandon Staley or Ron Rivera as DC would be my choices), let the older vets like Kelce, Graham and Cox retire or return on dirt cheap deals, try to upgrade positions of immediate need like LB and safety in free agency and address the rest in the draft. Really it all hinges on how well Howie can draft and thus have good young players on cheap contracts especially when Hurts's new contract kicks in.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#593 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:45 am

Arsenal wrote:

One year removed from a Super Bowl trip and you're ready to show him the door?
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#594 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:47 am

Arsenal wrote:

One year removed from a Super Bowl trip and you're ready to show him the door?

I wish the Sixers had had that mindset with Glenn after the Atlanta series.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#595 » by the_process » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:14 pm

Sirianni is probably getting another chance next year. But the NFL is far more cutthroat with their coaches than the NBA, so if they lose bad to Tampa this weekend I do think there's a shot he gets canned.

The Eagles really do need to reset, and they also have to be right back to wondering if they have the right QB.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#596 » by Embiid P » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:53 pm

the_process wrote:Sirianni is probably getting another chance next year. But the NFL is far more cutthroat with their coaches than the NBA, so if they lose bad to Tampa this weekend I do think there's a shot he gets canned.

The Eagles really do need to reset, and they also have to be right back to wondering if they have the right QB.

I think they need to see what Hurts can do under a better more creative OC before they give up on him especially with all the money they just invested in him. Under Steichen, he was runner up for MVP last season and likely would have won had he not missed 2 games due to injury. He's obviously not a guy who's going to be successful throwing 40-50 passes a game (no idea why they expect him to be) and thus needs a reliable running game to take pressure off him.

Last game it was super obvious that the Giants would throw blitzes at him. Anyone with half a brain would have run the ball in those situations but for whatever reason, Brian Johnson does not.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,553

Post#597 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:44 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

49ers reddit is insufferable. we were living rent free in those guys heads early in the season. One of my favorite internet videos is that Philly guy giving Bosa a hard time last year. Boooosaaaa :lol: but yeah Baltimore is like Philly lite, so I'd be okay with them winning it all.

(Anything) reddit is insufferable. Including Sixers. Midwit capital of the Internet.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#598 » by the_process » Tue Jan 9, 2024 11:40 pm

Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:Sirianni is probably getting another chance next year. But the NFL is far more cutthroat with their coaches than the NBA, so if they lose bad to Tampa this weekend I do think there's a shot he gets canned.

I think they need to see what Hurts can do under a better more creative OC before they give up on him especially with all the money they just invested in him. Under Steichen, he was runner up for MVP last season and likely would have won had he not missed 2 games due to injury. He's obviously not a guy who's going to be successful throwing 40-50 passes a game (no idea why they expect him to be) and thus needs a reliable running game to take pressure off him.

Last game it was super obvious that the Giants would throw blitzes at him. Anyone with half a brain would have run the ball in those situations but for whatever reason, Brian Johnson does not.

You can't always rely on having the best o-line in the game. QB needs to make things happen primarily with his arm. If he can't process the info fast enough then out he goes 60M dead cap hit (or whatever) be damned.
Phila Tough
Head Coach

Post#599 » by Phila Tough » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:04 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

(Anything) reddit is insufferable. Including Sixers. Midwit capital of the Internet.

I'm usually only on there for the memes and overreactions after losses. The Dallas board right now is making my day :P
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#600 » by Embiid P » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:31 am

Phila Tough wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

I'm usually only on there for the memes and overreactions after losses. The Dallas board right now is making my day :P

Win or lose tomorrow, tonight was still a win for us. :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers