ImageImageImage

EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Re: EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!! 

Post#601 » by Arsenal » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:22 am

The only remaining thing I need this season is for the Whiners to lose. Then I’m content. Not expecting jack from the Eagles anymore.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#602 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:18 am

The Eagles are going to have to start from scratch on defense. They need to completely rebuild the back two levels and they need a new coordinator. Howie is going to have to go away from the lines philosophy.

Also if they lose this game, they have to strongly consider firing Sirianni.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#603 » by Mik317 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:06 am

lol.

again Horford Sixers confirmed
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,842

Post#604 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 am

Mik317 wrote:lol.

This is worse than any Sixers team I’ve watched in my lifetime. Sirianni must be having an affair with player’s wives or something.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Post#605 » by rzzzzz » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:22 am

Worse than the ‘64 Phillies nightmare.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#606 » by Arsenal » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:38 am

The head moron has got to go. The team quit after realizing his Mickey Mouse kindergarten-level offense was exposed.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#607 » by Arsenal » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:38 am

the_process wrote:The Eagles are going to have to start from scratch on defense. They need to completely rebuild the back two levels and they need a new coordinator. Howie is going to have to go away from the lines philosophy.

Strongly "consider"? Really?
the_process
RealGM

Post#608 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:40 am

Negrodamus wrote:

This is worse than any Sixers team I’ve watched in my lifetime. Sirianni must be having an affair with player’s wives or something.

No, the 1994 Eagles were worse than this. So this is the 2nd worst Eagles collapse of all time.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#609 » by Arsenal » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:42 am

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

No, the 1994 Eagles were worse than this. So this is the 2nd worst Eagles collapse of all time.

Right, but that team didn't have expectations like this one did. 10-1 start after almost winning a SB, then finishing 1-6 with a spectacular flameout is worse considering how good the team appeared just before.
the_process
RealGM

Post#610 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 am

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:The Eagles are going to have to start from scratch on defense. They need to completely rebuild the back two levels and they need a new coordinator. Howie is going to have to go away from the lines philosophy.

Strongly "consider"? Really?

It has to be a clear upgrade or you don't do it. Carroll or Belichick or Harbaugh. Maybe Vrabel? Or another guy I'm overlooking.

I'd like Frank Reich back in charge of the offense if at all possible as well.

We are right back to "is Hurts the guy", even after the 255M. And if he isn't, then you cut bait and eat the dead money. He gets another year, though.
the_process
RealGM

Post#611 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 am

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Right, but that team didn't have expectations like this one did. 10-1 start after almost winning a SB, then finishing 1-6 with a spectacular flameout is worse considering how good the team appeared just before.

If you go back and look at the games, though, the 10-1 was somewhat fraudulent.

In 1994, the Eagles were 7-2 and had hammered the preseason favorite (and eventual SB champs) 49ers 40-8. They then just all collectively went brain dead.
the_process
RealGM

Post#612 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:51 am

Negrodamus wrote:

After the back to back blowouts and the coordinator switch, all of a sudden they couldn't cover and couldn't tackle. Both of those were on full display tonight. Oh, and the running into each other was some high quality stuff.

It really feels like they just quit.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,920

Post#613 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:33 am

Arsenal wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

The truth is that this team at no point looked like a '10-1' team. The old saying that you are what your record says is not always accurate, and all the signs were there - sputtering, inconsistent offense, narrow escapes with miraculous finishes, a defense that had trouble getting off the field, etc. Once the coordinator change was made, it was essentially admitting the obvious, and I doubt anyone was expecting much after the SF and DAL games.

The team got old in a hurry, and Hurts is a QB that needs the parts humming to be effective, he isn't carrying a subpar unit. It's funny how fast a coach can lose a team, but to me as much of this is on the personnel itself just not being what we thought it was as it is Sirianni suddenly becoming an awful coach. This, to me, looks like a total rebuild. Just a shame they didn't play a better second half in the SB.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,842

Post#614 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:40 pm

the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I understand the complexion of the team isn’t 100% the same, but to go from the favorite in the SB against the Chiefs all the way to right now, I can’t even comprehend the collapse. Yea, their early season wins were not decisive, but they beat the Bills, Chiefs… there was reason for optimism. Hopefully one of these old guys retires and sheds some light on what happened.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,075

Post#615 » by Embiid P » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:43 pm

Slay will probably stay at least another season as he has shown that he can still play at a high level at his age not to mention his cap hit will be too high if they trade or release him in the offseason. Bradberry, on the other hand, needs to get out of Philly ASAP no matter what his cap hit is. Have Ringo start as the #2 corner next season with Ricks in the slot. Select Slay's eventual replacement in no lower than the second round. They need to also consider parting ways with Maddox as he is hardly ever healthy. Blankenship should be reduced to playing in dime packages and special teams next season. Sydney Brown is probably a keeper although I don't know how he'll be once he comes back from his ACL injury.

The LBs though definitely need an overhaul aside from perhaps Cunningham. Keep Reddick and Nolan Smith as edge rushers and try to get whatever they can for Nakobe Dean in a trade as his health like Maddox's has proven to be unreliable.

I still think Sirianni will stay for at least another season as he's only one year removed from the SB. However, I fully expect both coordinators to be gone.
the_process
RealGM

Post#616 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:10 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
the_process wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I understand the complexion of the team isn’t 100% the same, but to go from the favorite in the SB against the Chiefs all the way to right now, I can’t even comprehend the collapse. Yea, their early season wins were not decisive, but they beat the Bills, Chiefs… there was reason for optimism. Hopefully one of these old guys retires and sheds some light on what happened.

News is slowly leaking out that Kelce said his goodbyes after the game. Assuming Juergens slides over and is competent, now they need another guard too.
the_process
RealGM

Post#617 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:11 pm

Embiid P wrote:

Slay will probably stay at least another season as he has shown that he can still play at a high level at his age not to mention his cap hit will be too high if they trade or release him in the offseason. Bradberry, on the other hand, needs to get out of Philly ASAP no matter what his cap hit is. Have Ringo start as the #2 corner next season with Ricks in the slot. Select Slay's eventual replacement in no lower than the second round. They need to also consider parting ways with Maddox as he is hardly ever healthy. Blankenship should be reduced to playing in dime packages and special teams next season. Sydney Brown is probably a keeper although I don't know how he'll be once he comes back from his ACL injury.

The LBs though definitely need an overhaul aside from perhaps Cunningham. Keep Reddick and Nolan Smith as edge rushers and try to get whatever they can for Nakobe Dean in a trade as his health like Maddox's has proven to be unreliable.

I still think Sirianni will stay for at least another season as he's only one year removed from the SB. However, I fully expect both coordinators to be gone.

Roby needs to be fired into the sun.

Coincidence he rhymes with Tobi? :lol:
the_process
RealGM

Post#618 » by the_process » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm

According to Tankathon, the Eagles have 9 picks in the draft. Howie should only have 5 positions on the draft board: OG, OT, LB, CB, and S.

How did Byard suddenly suck btw?
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#619 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:12 pm

In a weird way there's a relief it's over. What a monumental collapse. I always used to think the Eagles were the one team you could kinda have hope for, at least since the SB win. They haven't won it since, but for me there wasn't an innate fear they were gonna absolutely piss down their own leg like the Sixers.

NGL I am a pretty casual Eagles fan so it's interesting to see how the fans have flipped on Hurts and Sirianni so fast. Very interesting to see how now until August will play out.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,756

Post#620 » by Sixersftw » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 pm

the_process wrote:According to Tankathon, the Eagles have 9 picks in the draft. Howie should only have 5 positions on the draft board: OG, OT, LB, CB, and S.

How did Byard suddenly suck btw?

The veteran in season trades have sucked since Jay Ajjayi. We've been a little better off the scrap heap with Suh and Joesph.

I agree but I won't believe Howie will use a real pick on a LB till I see it. Dean just dropped forever and those results, lets be kind, have been mixed.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably

Return to Philadelphia 76ers