ImageImageImage

EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,881

Re: EAGLES WIN SUPER BOWL LII! 2018 CHAMPS!!! 

Post#721 » by HotelVitale » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:56 pm

the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:Rumors of AJ Brown to NE.

AJ, 22, and 50 to NE for 3 and 137.

Draft Marvin Harrison Jr, then the best DB on the board at 53.

Why would a rebuilding team like NE want AJ and his contract? I can't imagine he'd be happy to spend the rest of his prime there either with an unknown QB situation. Marvin Harrison Jr. will likely be a stud (like his father) but that's a lot to give up and would likely require more (I'm thinking both seconds this year and/or a first next year). When was the last time a team made that dramatic of a jump in the first round and it panned out for them especially for a non-QB?
:lol:

Just mentioning the rumor, not saying it's the best plan. There is a logic, however, to dropping back into the later 1st and picking up additional assets if the guy they're targeting at QB is not Drake Maye. Nix and Penix will both still be there at 22, for example. Possible that McCarthy is, too.

A guy like AJ could certainly give a big target to the young QB and make his life easier. AJ also draws all the coverage.

As far as value, if you peg AJ as a mid first rounder (15), then the value on the chart matches exactly. If NE disagrees on that value, you move on.

I'm certainly not saying this is the best plan for NE, just saying there is logic to it. If I'm Howie, I'm listening on 22 to any team who wants one of the 2nd tier QBs. Very willing to move out to grab an additional 1st next year.

Gotta give them rumors a rest. Find a new mill!
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,094

Post#722 » by Embiid P » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 pm

the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:Btw, why did they extend AJ? There’s a very low chance he’s still an Eagle in six years. Wasteful when they need to be investing in defense.

Most of our defensive players are gonna be on rookie deals for the next 4-5 years so AJ will probably be gone by the time we gotta pay them.

Wouldn’t mind them trading 53 and a 2nd next year to get back up in the first and take DeJean. They could probably finagle a third back from BAL?

Something like 30 and 93 for 53 and 2025 2nd?

I guess you were onto something last night because DeJean is now an Eagle lol.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,771

Post#723 » by the_process » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am

Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
Most of our defensive players are gonna be on rookie deals for the next 4-5 years so AJ will probably be gone by the time we gotta pay them.

Wouldn’t mind them trading 53 and a 2nd next year to get back up in the first and take DeJean. They could probably finagle a third back from BAL?

:lol: Howie flipped both the 2nds to trade up and got a 3rd back. Now they can either trade (not likely) or cut Bradberry. Also DeJean was the best player on the board. Very good work. Secondary rebuilt. Just like the year they took Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown the same draft.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#724 » by Embiid P » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 am

the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:

:lol: Howie flipped both the 2nds to trade up and got a 3rd back. Now they can either trade (not likely) or cut Bradberry. Also DeJean was the best player on the board. Very good work. Secondary rebuilt. Just like the year they took Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown the same draft.

I hear that. I guess one of the young guys in the secondary (i.e. Ringo or Brown) won't be here long-term because it would be pretty dumb to take DeJean at 40 if he's not going to start in the near future.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,771

Post#725 » by the_process » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am

Embiid P wrote:
the_process wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

I hear that. I guess one of the young guys in the secondary (i.e. Ringo or Brown) won't be here long-term because it would be pretty dumb to take DeJean at 40 if he's not going to start in the near future.

DeJean is going to end up at safety IMO.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Post#726 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

Yeah it seems DeJean is a Malcolm Jenkins type, a Safety that can also move to CB for certain matchups. Basically a versatile chess piece.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Post#727 » by Arsenal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

Bradberry is likely gone now and Slay is gone after next season. Then Mitchell and Ringo will start as boundary corners and DeJean will be a starting safety.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant

Post#728 » by Embiid P » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Late, but Trotter, Jr. is officially an Eagle. Undersized and smaller than his dad, but worth a shot on in the late 5th. I also really like the Johnny Wilson pick in the 6th. He's a big red zone WR target who can potentially convert to TE. Howie also picked up some extra picks next year too which helps in the event that we lose some due to the tampering bs. All in all, I can't complain.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 764

Post#729 » by Sixers in 4 » Yesterday 7:42 pm

Roseman killed the draft like ususal

Return to Philadelphia 76ers