ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2023-24 Season

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,123

Re: Around the League: 2023-24 Season 

Post#1541 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 pm

If Memphis ever decides to blow it up, we need to be in on Bane.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,123

Post#1542 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 pm

The Wolves uni and court combo is great.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#1543 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:27 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

:lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,996

Post#1544 » by mjkvol » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 pm

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Slimy Silver is already on the case, I'm sure.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,584

Post#1545 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 pm

Larry Nance investigation imminent. Bring that man to Philly. Nance would be great here.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1546 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:12 pm

I didnt know Pacers had a 3-1 record against the Bucks in the reg season. Listening to Windy’s podcast, seems like they have Pacers as the favorites to win it to the next round. It makes me wonder if hiring Doc was a scape goat knowing that this Dame-Giannis partnership does not look anywhere as good as most imagines it to be
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1547 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:11 am

[x]
Read on Twitter
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#1548 » by FlyingArrow » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:40 pm

And you thought we had problems without Embiid...

Today:
Mavs +3 with Luka. 42 minutes.
Mavs -15 without Luka. Only 6 minutes. Wow.

And, yeah, we do have problems without Embiid. Two things can be true at once.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1549 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 am

Damian Lillard has thumped the Pacers all by himself so far. Just a beautiful display of basketball on his part. In fact the old guys have ruled today in the league. Harden had a gem of a game too.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1550 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:57 am

Welp...I may have spoke too soon. Looks like a Doc Rivers special could be on the menu.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1551 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:17 am

Pascal Siakam needs to be our off-season priority. No reason at all why he can't fit in here.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1552 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:02 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Pascal Siakam needs to be our off-season priority. No reason at all why he can't fit in here.

I don't want to repeat myself. Yes, there are several options available, but Siakam seems like the easiest choice. He could address our rebounding and fast break issues, which were exposed in our last game against the Knicks. Additionally, he could play a role similar to an "Embiid lite" when Biid is not playing, contributing in areas like rebounding and providing rim deterrence when Biid can't jump.

You need someone who can play a two-man action with Maxey; that's why Embiid's minutes have been superb. Aside from the defensive end, on the offensive end, Embiid’s screens are effective because they prevent opponents from switching on defense. This creates many open looks for shooters like JJ or Seth off DHO or in the two-man game with Maxey and Harden.

Furthermore, he's a good corner 3 shooter, better than Oubre or Tobias.

However, I understand that desires don't always align with reality, and dwelling too much on it can be stressful.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,197

Post#1553 » by M2J » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:28 am

76ciology wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Pascal Siakam needs to be our off-season priority. No reason at all why he can't fit in here.

I don't want to repeat myself. Yes, there are several options available, but Siakam seems like the easiest choice. He could address our rebounding and fast break issues, which were exposed in our last game against the Knicks. Additionally, he could play a role similar to an "Embiid lite" when Biid is not playing, contributing in areas like rebounding and providing rim deterrence when Biid can't jump.

You need someone who can play a two-man action with Maxey; that's why Embiid's minutes have been superb. Aside from the defensive end, on the offensive end, Embiid’s screens are effective because they prevent opponents from switching on defense. This creates many open looks for shooters like JJ or Seth off DHO or in the two-man game with Maxey and Harden.

However, I understand that desires don't always align with reality, and dwelling too much on it can be stressful.

That or keep the depth and trade for DJ Murray.

Though the way some of these depth pieces have looked lately, they may be cheap enough to keep with free agency and exceptions if they go max out a player
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,996

Post#1554 » by mjkvol » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 am

The Heat are too much, aren't they? No Butler, no problem. Spo is a genius.

23-43 from 3. Tyler Herro - 24 pts. and 14 assists.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1555 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 am

M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Though the way some of these depth pieces have looked lately, they may be cheap enough to keep with free agency and exceptions if they go max out a player

As I mentioned, there are several options, but I prefer a big wing or a power forward (PF). This player needs to be able to run a two-man action with Maxey, allowing us to exploit the defense if they play a drop or switch strategy. This isn't achievable with another guard; otherwise, we'd end up taking turns in isolation plays. That's why backcourts like the Cavs' Garland-Mitchell and the Hawks' Trae-DJ aren't functioning effectively.

If you observe Maxey, he requires a partner who commands enough respect from the defense to avoid switching. Even if they do switch, it's easier for Maxey to drive past a big than a quicker defender at the guard or small forward position.

Yeah, and there’s the Embiid problem at the rebounding & defensive end given his health.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,197

Post#1556 » by M2J » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 am

76ciology wrote:
M2J wrote:
76ciology wrote:

As I mentioned, there are several options, but I prefer a big wing or a power forward (PF). This player needs to be able to run a two-man action with Maxey, allowing us to exploit the defense if they play a drop or switch strategy. This isn't achievable with another guard; otherwise, we'd end up taking turns in isolation plays. That's why backcourts like the Cavs' Garland-Mitchell and the Hawks' Trae-DJ aren't functioning effectively.

If you observe Maxey, he requires a partner who commands enough respect from the defense to avoid switching. Even if they do switch, it's easier for Maxey to drive past a big than a quicker defender at the guard or small forward position.

Yeah, and there’s the Embiid problem at the rebounding & defensive end given his health.

Disagree... That's why Lowry can start. Maxey is great on the ball... Due to his speed and low turnovers. He gets where he needs to. Even better off ball.... He's elite. Unlike Trae, Donovan or Garland

When Joel was out. You had Lowry or Batum at the top back to basket trying to run DHO to free up Maxey from the traps. Neither guy is a threat to score. They could do that with DJM who is a better playmaker, and like Joel can take the attention Maxey demands for drives or middies.

Doc used to run hella 2 man game with Maxey screening for Harden and Maxey gets wide open wing 3s where he was near 50% on hitting them. MmAlso, again unlike Harden... DJM is a legit threat to drive off that action and finish in traffic it hit a mid range... Even against rim protectors.

Plus he can be a point of attack defender.

However, I do agree that ideally a wing with size fills more pressing needs.... Plus with Joel being so ball dominant and a able to orchestrate offense a point guard is less needed, and honestly Maxey deserves the right to be able to be the lead guard because he can play off of Joel. However, ideally a guy like George or siakam can fill all needs (he's just too old.... Ingram makes more sense). Also, Joel could benefit from less usage offensively.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 639

Post#1557 » by brannigan73 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:07 am

Is there any reason to believe Siakam wont resign with Pacers? They gave up a lot to get him. We should have been in it for him at the deadline. If I remember correctly most were against citing his weak 3 point shooting. It doesnt matter he brings a lot to the table. Jimmy Butler is not a great 3 pt shooter and he was great with the Sixers. There are five starting spots you dont have to have a good 3pt shooter at every position. A guy willing to take them when he is wide open and make a few now and then. Siakam can do that especailly from the corner.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 639

Post#1558 » by brannigan73 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 am

Is there any reason to believe Siakam wont resign with Pacers? They gave up a lot to get him. We should have been in it for him at the deadline. If I remember correctly most were against citing his weak 3 point shooting. It doesnt matter he brings a lot to the table. Jimmy Butler is not a great 3 pt shooter and he was great with the Sixers. There are five starting spots you dont have to have a good 3pt shooter at every position. A guy willing to take them when he is wide open and make a few now and then. Siakam can do that especailly from the corner.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,915

Post#1559 » by Wilfried » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 am

brannigan73 wrote:Is there any reason to believe Siakam wont resign with Pacers? They gave up a lot to get him. We should have been in it for him at the deadline. If I remember correctly most were against citing his weak 3 point shooting. It doesnt matter he brings a lot to the table. Jimmy Butler is not a great 3 pt shooter and he was great with the Sixers. There are five starting spots you dont have to have a good 3pt shooter at every position. A guy willing to take them when he is wide open and make a few now and then. Siakam can do that especailly from the corner.

He probably will resign with them, so don't think we should focus on him.
We didn't go after him because we didn't have the picks to hand Toronto

Ingram is showing he isn't really 'the guy', is he?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,814

Post#1560 » by phillynative » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm

Did anyone watch the Celtics vs Heat game 2?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers