2024 RealGM 76ers Forum Dynasty BBall League Yr 5

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,571

Re: 2024 RealGM 76ers Forum Dynasty BBall League Yr 5 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:27 am

GoSixersBro wrote:Hi everyone.

Although we are not done the season yet, I am putting together a survey to send out to all managers in a week or two for proposed changes and feedback for our league.

Please post any suggested changes below or feedback that I can incorporate into questions for us all to vote on.

Thanks!

I believe it has to do with trades. When we consider all the moves made, trades are relatively rare in the league. While trades can be beneficial as they keep things fresh, akin to the real NBA, they are also quite tricky, especially in the dynasty format. What may appear as a lopsided trade now could potentially be a fair trade in the future. It's ultimately subjective, so I don't think comparing based solely on data works. Perhaps incorporating data, such as the average allowable ranking gap, along with some voting among members could be a viable solution. If it ever comes to a deadlock, I’ll put more value on data than the voting for nobody really knows the future value of such player. This approach could also promote more interactions within the league.

Regarding the consolation bracket, I've grown to appreciate it. Initially, I wasn't fond of it, but it serves the purpose of preventing teams from tanking excessively, which could disrupt the standings for teams aiming to win. Additionally, it's relatively easy to assemble a competitive team capable of winning the consolation bracket, given the abundance of talent available in the free agency pool, particularly at the start of the season. So this consolation bracket is a nice way to get the team manager active in order for him get the top pick rather than just benching every player on his team and snoozing his way to a top pick.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the direction the league is heading. It keeps me engaged and serves as a welcomed distraction from the stresses of work. It's become a pastime for me to check out the roster and stay busy with league activities.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#42 » by 76ciology » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:35 am

The roster positions are well-structured, and the double IL slot is a practical measure for teams to maintain competitiveness, especially considering the frequency with which players are sidelined due to injuries or rest. However, allowing more than two IL (injury list) slots could potentially deplete the talent pool in free agency. This could hinder managers from checking in regularly, which is something we want to avoid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,495

Post#43 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:52 pm

76ciology wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:Hi everyone.

Although we are not done the season yet, I am putting together a survey to send out to all managers in a week or two for proposed changes and feedback for our league.

Please post any suggested changes below or feedback that I can incorporate into questions for us all to vote on.

Thanks!

I believe it has to do with trades. When we consider all the moves made, trades are relatively rare in the league. While trades can be beneficial as they keep things fresh, akin to the real NBA, they are also quite tricky, especially in the dynasty format. What may appear as a lopsided trade now could potentially be a fair trade in the future. It's ultimately subjective, so I don't think comparing based solely on data works. Perhaps incorporating data, such as the average allowable ranking gap, along with some voting among members could be a viable solution. If it ever comes to a deadlock, I’ll put more value on data than the voting for nobody really knows the future value of such player. This approach could also promote more interactions within the league.

Regarding the consolation bracket, I've grown to appreciate it. Initially, I wasn't fond of it, but it serves the purpose of preventing teams from tanking excessively, which could disrupt the standings for teams aiming to win. Additionally, it's relatively easy to assemble a competitive team capable of winning the consolation bracket, given the abundance of talent available in the free agency pool, particularly at the start of the season. So this consolation bracket is a nice way to get the team manager active in order for him get the top pick rather than just benching every player on his team and snoozing his way to a top pick.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the direction the league is heading. It keeps me engaged and serves as a welcomed distraction from the stresses of work. It's become a pastime for me to check out the roster and stay busy with league activities.

I appreciate all that feedback, 76.

I definitely hear you regarding the trades, specifically the fairness of deals when considering a 2-5 year timeline with the players involved instead of the typical 1 season in redraft leagues. I think in order to weigh in and give all managers a voice to disagree with any deals that may seem lopsided/unfair is to have some go through, we will have to see some trades lol. I don't think there is much incentive at the moment for the majority of managers to make trades for a few reasons (my assumptions):

1. This is a free league. Because of this, people are probably happy to win, but not as eager to spend time looking at numbers, concocting deals, and negotiating. Personally I do, especially at the deadline, because it's just fun for me, but some might need a financial/prize incentive to push them to put max effort to win it all.

2. Our league has great parity (at the moment). We've had a new winner in every season since we switched to Dynasty (sorry Cinci, 2019-2020 does not count lol). Also, top NBA players tend to hold their value longer than NFL. So if your team is led by 2-3 top 40 players, you might not be feeling the heat to make a move to win for awhile bc your top guys can keep you competitive for awhile. Parity is great don't get me wrong, but in my opinion most teams here are likely content with their rosters, until the "old gen" (LeBron, Curry, Durant, Butler, etc.) drop off.

3. Draft picks. With our current Yahoo Fantasy League, we have the ability to trade future picks but only for the following year. With a possible change to Sleeper, we'd be able to deal picks further into the future which could be nice sweeteners to get deals done. I play in a NFL dynasty league going on Year 8 this fall and I can say for sure dealing picks 2-3 years down the road makes it even more exciting.

Just some thoughts out loud.

Again, if you or anyone wants to throw a league change suggestion to be voted on feel free to. I'm aiming to have the survey out towards the end of next week.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM

Post#44 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:07 am

Phoenician probably forgot to set the line-up of his roster for tonights game. He would have won the pts, fg%, 3pts and blk battle
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#45 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:30 pm

76ciology wrote:Phoenician probably forgot to set the line-up of his roster for tonights game. He would have won the pts, fg%, 3pts and blk battle

Well I just ran the numbers and Phoenicians can take some comfort in that had he set his Saturday line-up (and I even calculated for if he also put Monk in for PG13 Sunday since PG was out), he would've only beat me in the points category (792 to 771) but still lost to in the percentages (narrowly in FT% his 75.8% to my 75.9%, steals, and blocks.

One round down. Two to go.

The semi-finals for both brackets have shaped up to be:

(1) The Real Morey
(6) MotownPhilly

(2) Cincinnati Sixers
(5) Floppers

Consolation Bracket (The Fight for the Top Pick)

(7) Pippen Ain't Easy
(11) Galactic Imperators

(8) The Baba Yaga
(9) Wizrd's of Westwood

Remember to set your line-ups!
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#46 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 am

This Jokic guy is crazy. 17rebs, 12rebs and 6 assists on 14 of 26 shooting.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#47 » by 76ciology » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:16 am

Not only am I down alot now but Kawhi looks to be out
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#48 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:44 pm

Congrats to Cinci. His squad blew the doors off mine this week. He will be back in the Finals.

Motown vs. Morey ain’t over yet! Morey was in a tough spot midweek but if there’s some major swings in the percentages and turnovers, anything could happen!
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#49 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:10 am

This is intense and gonna come down free throw percentage, legit 1 thousandth separation at the moment.
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#50 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:58 am

GoSixersBro wrote:This is intense and gonna come down free throw percentage, legit 1 thousandth separation at the moment.

This is probably the most intense fantasy match I've experienced. At one point, I thought I was losing 0-7, and I had already accepted my fate with many of my guys injured. Even Kawhi left during the middle of the game this week due to a back injury, and I thought he was about to miss the rest of the season. I also made some bold moves like letting Jerami Grant go, as I realized I wouldn't be retaining him for next season anyway. Grant has been missing games and isn’t contributing much except for points, which hurt my FG% and TO%.

However, things turned around in the last three days. First, on Thursday, Jalen Johnson returned and finished with 26-5-5. Then the next day, Desmond Bane returned after not playing for multiple months and finished with 21-7. I think everyone stepped up today. Cam Thomas even had 31-3-5 and 2 steals, which were crucial for winning the steals category, something I had projected to win early on with Thybulle, but he missed the last game.

We achieved over 50% FG%, 90+ FT%, almost 20 3s, 200 points, 50+ rebounds, 50+ assists, 10+ steals, and 10+ blocks. The entire team hit almost all my benchmarks for today.

Good game Motown! :) You have a great team led by Jokic and SGA. I just knew my record wouldn't be that good for the day if Jokic was playing. Your team is well-built with Jokic, Siakam, and SGA leading in points, percentages, rebounds, and assists, while having Turner and Allen leading in blocks. You rounded out the roster with high-variance role players like Clarkson, Banchero, and Poole. You truly have one of the best teams in the league.

It was a competitive matchup until the end. Fantasy sports can be unpredictable, but that’s part of what makes it exciting.

I’m looking forward to more competitive matchups in the future.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#51 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:36 pm

Historic comeback. Congrats, 76.

The Finals are here!

(1) The Real Morey
(2) Cincinnati Sixers

Consolation Finals

(8) The Baba Yaga
(11) Galactic Imperators

Set your line-ups!
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#52 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:31 pm

Three days left in our Finals match-ups and our 2023-2024 season!

In the title round, Morey holds a slim 5-4 lead over Cincy. I'd say about 5 categories are still up for grabs with both teams having almost the same number of plays remaining.

In the Consolation bracket, TBY has a very strong hold leading 8-1, but stranger things have happened when it comes to percentages, defensive cats, and turnovers, so he will have to be strategic with his line-up in the final 3 days.

Good luck everyone!
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#53 » by 76ciology » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 am

I have to clutch again in this match against Cinci. Let's see what my team has left in their tank.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#54 » by GoSixersBro » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:04 pm

76ciology wrote:I have to clutch again in this match against Cinci. Let's see what my team has left in their tank.

And the score flips to 6-3 Cinci heading into Saturday night.

Morey with 13 games left, Cincinnati with 12. Percentages apart by less than 1%. Other than assists all cats could swing. This is shaping up to be another great final!
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#55 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 am

GoSixersBro wrote:
76ciology wrote:I have to clutch again in this match against Cinci. Let's see what my team has left in their tank.

And the score flips to 6-3 Cinci heading into Saturday night.

Morey with 13 games left, Cincinnati with 12. Percentages apart by less than 1%. Other than assists all cats could swing. This is shaping up to be another great final!

It was a big game for FVV, as he made 10 threes on .688 shooting. Dejounte, who usually shoots on a bad percentage, shot 10/14 for .714%. The team scored 151 points, making 20 threes on .648 shooting. That's enough to win for me today in terms of Points, FG% and 3-pointers. With one more day left, nobody knows what's going to happen.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#56 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:11 am

It seems like I'm going to win the championship round against Cinci. It's been a hard-fought match, and if this had happened a week earlier, I don't think I would've stood a chance. Cinci’s team is the closest thing to a Moneyball team; just a week of hot shooting and he'd beat your team with FG%, FT%, 3s, PTS, and/or REBs and TOs.

Before this match, I already listed the categories I wanted to win: assists, steals, blocks, TOs, and either FG or FT%. It looked promising until Wemby started getting 5-7 TOs, and I realized I wouldn't be able to win the TOs category, which meant I wouldn't win more than 4 categories. However, injuries and player availability played a big factor again: Tatum sat out a couple of games, Kyrie only had 2 games this week, while Ingram went down with an injury. Then my team had a hot shooting day yesterday, allowing me to win the %, PTS, and 3s categories.

I'd like to say, good game, Cinci! The guys fought hard, and I had to win this one from behind. See you again next year!

Now, to talk about my team and journey in winning this fantasy league. I spent a lot of time managing this team, and there were moments when Sixersbro would remind me that it isn't serious, which made me question why I spent so much time managing this team. Honestly, I still don't know, but I think it's because I had guys who I'm high on and have followed in the last 3-4 drafts, like Walker Kessler and Cam Thomas. And it made managing this team fun for me.

I'd say winning this year was more luck than skill. Regarding the schedule, I don't think I would've won a playoff series if I didn't have a high playoff seed because most of my guys were injured. Then in the next round, I looked at the numbers and don't think I would've beaten Cinci; I lucked out not facing him when his team was scorching hot. I was actually preparing to face Sixersbro's team, which is another team I find very hard to beat. Then in the next round, I lucked myself into beating Motown with some of my guys like Jalen Johnson and Desmond Bane returning from injuries and my team stepping up in the last 2 days. Finally, against Cinci, I wouldn't have won if Ingram and Tatum played the entire week, and my team didn't have surprisingly good shooting yesterday.

Regarding moves, some of the biggest moments where I thought luck saved me are... I always think about that time when I was on vacation and accidentally dropped Herbert Jones. It's one of my "wtf" moments in this league, but the guy I wanted to drop back then was Jalen Williams, who was a rookie back then and is now a top 40-50 fantasy player.

I've mentioned that I like to have the guys I follow on my team. One guy is Keegan Murray, who I traded for Kawhi. The deal eventually got vetoed, and it was understandable. Keegan was a promising rookie while Kawhi was missing a lot of games, which I couldn't afford with also having Dame who also missed a lot of games for the Blazers back then. Kawhi is now a top 15 fantasy player, while Keegan might just be a top 100 fantasy player.

And during the season, I offered Dejounte and Jerami Grant for Trae Young. But once I knew it was Eyeatoma's team I was trading with, aside from Eyeatoma letting me know personally that he's not interested, I also decided not to make any counteroffers because I didn't want a friend to be on the short end of a deal. But Trae eventually sat out for the season, Dejounte stepped up yesterday and played a big part in winning the match against Cinci. I would have lost the match if the deal went through for Trae has decided to sat out the season

I've mentioned that the league should make more trades, but when I think about it, I won this year's fantasy league more because the trades I wanted to make didn't push through, forcing me to sit on this team and just tweak it with free agency, which eventually was the best situation for the team.

I think the league is in good shape. One, you don't really need that much activity or do a lot of trades and roster shuffling to win. Two, if you don't have a superstar, you can alternatively acquire multiple good players in the draft or free agency. Three, luck plays a big factor than more than you can imagine.

Anyone can win.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#57 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Congratulations to TheRealMorey (aka 76ciology on the forum) for winning the 2023-2024 Championship of the RealGM Sixers Forum Dynasty league!

It was a close match-up throughout the week but a big Sunday saw Morey prevail 7-2 over the 2020-2021 champion Cincy.

Morey is now our fourth different champion in four seasons.

In the Consolation Bracket, 2021-2022 champ The Baba Yaga took down newcomer Galactic Imperators 8-1 to secure the first overall pick in the 2024 Rookie Draft this October. Congratulations to him!

I will be posting the updated draft order to reflect the final standings shortly.

Please check your emails for a link to a short 3-question survey to vote on proposed league changes for 2024 and beyond!

Thanks for another great season everyone. Looking forward to next season already!
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#58 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:17 pm

Below is next season's draft order.

Note: this does not match the order of the final standings at the end of the regular season. Teams only move ahead in the draft order if they lose to a worse seed in the championship playoffs. This year, Floppers (5 seed) beat Phoenicians (4 seed) and Motown (6 seed) beat Doncic (3 seed) in the first round, so Phoenicians and Doncic move ahead of Floppers and Motown in the draft order.

Also note the protocol above does not apply to the Consolation bracket. Only the winner of the Consolation bracket jumps to pick 1 but only for their round 1 selection.

Draft Order 2023-2024

ROUND 1

1. The Baba Yaga (winner of the Consolation Bracket)
2. Mistov
3. Galactic Imperators
4. Ball Lives Matter
5. Wizrd's of Westwood
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey

ROUND 2

1. Mistov
2. Galactic Imperators
3. Ball Lives Matter
4. Wizrd's of Westwood
5. The Baba Yaga
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey

ROUND 3

1. Mistov
2. Galactic Imperators
3. Ball Lives Matter
4. Wizrd's of Westwood
5. The Baba Yaga
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey
Here Lies The Process
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,233

Post#59 » by eyeatoma » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:Below is next season's draft order.

Note: this does not match the order of the final standings at the end of the regular season. Teams only move ahead in the draft order if they lose to a worse seed in the championship playoffs. This year, Floppers (5 seed) beat Phoenicians (4 seed) and Motown (6 seed) beat Doncic (3 seed) in the first round, so Phoenicians and Doncic move ahead of Floppers and Motown in the draft order.

Also note the protocol above does not apply to the Consolation bracket. Only the winner of the Consolation bracket jumps to pick 1 but only for their round 1 selection.

Draft Order 2023-2024

ROUND 1

1. The Baba Yaga (winner of the Consolation Bracket)
2. Mistov
3. Galactic Imperators
4. Ball Lives Matter
5. Wizrd's of Westwood
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey

ROUND 2

1. Mistov
2. Galactic Imperators
3. Ball Lives Matter
4. Wizrd's of Westwood
5. The Baba Yaga
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey

ROUND 3

1. Mistov
2. Galactic Imperators
3. Ball Lives Matter
4. Wizrd's of Westwood
5. The Baba Yaga
6. Pippen Ain't Easy
7. Phightin' Phoenicians
8. Doncic4Senate
9. MotownPhilly
10. Floppers
11. Cincinnati Sixers
12. The Real Morey

Hey man I never got the form for feedback you mentioned in your final message on yahoo. Can you send that to me please?
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#60 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:25 pm

Survey results are in!

After giving everyone some time, here are the results.

Note: I attempted to track down and used multiple methods of communication to get votes from each and every manager of our league. After ample time only heard back from 6 of the managers including myself.

To add 1 taxi spot for next season and beyond: Yes, passed 5 to 1.

To move our league from Yahoo to Sleeper: Yes, passed 4 to 2. However, if Sleeper does not offer our league format leading up to next season, we remain on Yahoo.

To add an IL+ spot next season and beyond: Yes, passed 6 to 0.
Here Lies The Process

Return to Philadelphia 76ers