mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,919

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1241 » by mjkvol » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:37 pm

the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
the_process wrote:
Chet, Jalen, Maxey, and a couple years of drafting and using exceptions to fill out the roster could be a pretty formidable team by 26-27.

There's not a chance in hell Presti doesn't shoot that deal down immediately. He's way too smart.

From a Sixers standpoint, I'd fly Embiid out there myself, and I love the guy. But that's like a 'Process II' jump start.

I think if it was Chet and Jalen and just the Sixers pick back the Thunder might do it.

But is that enough for Jo?

Then the next question becomes would you take Chet or Jalen plus salary filler, and like 7 firsts?

It's all just a thought experiment for now. Not like we have anything else to do at the moment, this team is unwatchable until Jo gets back.

Oh, no doubt, and the likelihood of anything like this happening is quite remote.

I might do Chet and a bunch of firsts, but I'd want Dort or Giddey as part of the salary filler.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1242 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 pm

Crazy roster building idea…what would it cost pick wise to get into the top 10 of the draft this year? Say we end up with a pick in the early 20’s. How many more 1st’s would it cost to go up and get out 3rd piece on a cheap deal?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#1243 » by the_process » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 pm

It's time. You can just feel it. Morey will never do it because all he knows to do is chase stars, but it's time.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1244 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

At 16 we're going to be able to get an impact player. There are a bunch of solid upperclassmen who should be around at that point, especially if more international players are taken early.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1245 » by the_process » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am

mjkvol wrote:At 16 we're going to be able to get an impact player. There are a bunch of solid upperclassmen who should be around at that point, especially if more international players are taken early.

Morey will be trading that pick for the next Melton unless he signs a max FA.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#1246 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 am

the_process wrote:
mjkvol wrote:At 16 we're going to be able to get an impact player. There are a bunch of solid upperclassmen who should be around at that point, especially if more international players are taken early.

I guarantee you that we will be not only be keeping that pick, but also relying on that player to contribute rotation minutes. There's no way we trade that pick.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1247 » by the_process » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
the_process wrote:

I guarantee you that we will be not only be keeping that pick, but also relying on that player to contribute rotation minutes. There's no way we trade that pick.

We’ll see. If they stay over the cap and do not sign any FA outright, I would fully expect that pick (technically the rights of the player drafted) to be part of some deal.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1248 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 am

the_process wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
the_process wrote:

We’ll see. If they stay over the cap and do not sign any FA outright, I would fully expect that pick (technically the rights of the player drafted) to be part of some deal.

It would have to be a hell of an addition. I just think that at 16 you have a chance to get a good player. This team needs youth going forward. I hope they keep it, but I agree with you. Everything has a price.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#1249 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:51 am

Wouldn't we need to take on salary to trade the pick for a player? I doubt Morey would want to do that.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1250 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:01 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
the_process wrote:

I really hope that is the case, because there will absolutely be a few players available that will fill a need and should be able to contribute right away. Give me a couple of good young players and fill out the roster with solid role players around Embiid and Maxey (NOT Tobias), and I'll be a happy camper.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1251 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm

mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
the_process wrote:

I really hope that is the case, because there will absolutely be a few players available that will fill a need and should be able to contribute right away. Give me a couple of good young players and fill out the roster with solid role players around Embiid and Maxey (NOT Tobias), and I'll be a happy camper.

Yessir, an injection of youth and athleticism will be a huge help. The team needs another young energetic player that's hungry to prove their worth in this league. Pair that player with Maxey, RC4, Reed, and even KJ and it's nice core for the future. With the 16th pick we should be able to get an impact player. Having that pick might even allow us to move up in the draft if there is a guy that we really like that may not make it past say 12/13.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#1252 » by mjkvol » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Yessir, an injection of youth and athleticism will be a huge help. The team needs another young energetic player that's hungry to prove their worth in this league. Pair that player with Maxey, RC4, Reed, and even KJ and it's nice core for the future. With the 16th pick we should be able to get an impact player. Having that pick might even allow us to move up in the draft if there is a guy that we really like that may not make it past say 12/13.

I've thought about that and would love it, but Morey isn't a move up in the draft guy. Hell, I'll be happy if he picks a kid who can step in and contribute and doesn't turn around and trade him (cough cough ... Bridges ... cough cough)

Return to Philadelphia 76ers