Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1201 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:13 pm

I'm beyond disgusted, with both the Hield and Payne trades. Only thing good the 76ers did today, was flushing Springer.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#1202 » by the_process » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:28 pm

The only trade I really liked today was cap dumping House for only one 2nd.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#1203 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:51 am

Stanford wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:I think there is a silver lining of the new CBA tho. For example, Boston is gonna be strapped once Jaylen Brown super max kicks in. I think they would be willing to trade him and extend Holiday/ White while decreasing some of that tax. They would be willing to take draft picks and a 50 mil? TPE.

Might be a bad example because I think you forfeit trade exceptions when your over the apron but you get the gist. Moving a star for picks and a huge TPE is better than picks and expirings. Couldn’t even throw Reed or Springe in as a young prospect.

Unfortunately, I think trading Brown for a huge package only makes them more viable in the future. He's not that good. They could really replenish their assets with a Brown trade and they've proven to be able to make sub-superstar trades that add to their depth.

The only positive is that they can't draft.

He’s a god player but not Supermax player so I agree with that. They would definitely want Picks and a TPE. I wouldn’t want the trade simply because I don’t want to make them better lol
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#1204 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:54 am

I love we brought in Hield. Hate that it cost Morris to do it. He was solid depth and we didn’t replace the PF today. We gave up Pat Bev for free for no reason and gave Celtics a young defensive dog for no reason. Spent to 2nds and got them back just to not use them. Bev and Springer trades pissed me off actually
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#1205 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:57 am

Preferred PBev over Lowry but we damn sure better be getting Lowry now. Unless Cam Payne is the back up answer
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,570

Post#1206 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:54 am

Covi_Marsh wrote:Preferred PBev over Lowry but we damn sure better be getting Lowry now. Unless Cam Payne is the back up answer

I think Payne is the back up answer.

The question is whether Morey has an “oubre level” signing from buyout market
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1207 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:06 am

Bulls running Vuc-Drummond at 4&5 down the stretch
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1208 » by Foshan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:29 am

So, any chance Killian Hayes is a redemption arc we want to pursue? I don't know anything about him aside from he was a high pick... and detroit sucks.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1209 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:01 am

Foshan wrote:So, any chance Killian Hayes is a redemption arc we want to pursue? I don't know anything about him aside from he was a high pick... and detroit sucks.

He takes care of his FG% so he’s very selective on his shots and number of shots. I dont like guards who can shoot or score. I’d rather take my chances on Elfrid Payton who’s playing in the Gleague, if we’re going to take that route.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1210 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:24 am

Foshan wrote:So, any chance Killian Hayes is a redemption arc we want to pursue? I don't know anything about him aside from he was a high pick... and detroit sucks.

If you’re going to that route.. i dont mind taking my chances on James Bouknight.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#1211 » by Covi_Marsh » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:48 am

Looking into Cameron Payne, I think I like the move. He’s definitely a more willing shooter than PBev and sets up his teammates for easy looks. Definitely fits the mold we were looking for if Tyus Jones interest was real.

I’m going it miss the intangibles PBev brought tho. As well as Springer. The hustling for Rebs, steals and blocks will be needed in competitive games. Kyle Lowry and 2nd round picks won’t replace that.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,868

Post#1212 » by Stanford » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:49 am

I can't believe Cam Payne is only 29
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1213 » by PhillyNj » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:32 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:Preferred PBev over Lowry but we damn sure better be getting Lowry now. Unless Cam Payne is the back up answer

Cam Payne is a solid 3rd string point guard which the Sixers haven’t had in a very long time.
To me it looks like Morey has bet the house on Lowry.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1214 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:05 pm

The 76ers having a deal in place for Lowry is the only way the trade makes any sense. If they know they're getting Lowry, then trading Beverly was probably necessary because Lowry and Beverly can't play together on the court, so one would be obsolete.

I like Cam Payne as a player, but not at the expense of Beverly. The 76ers problems have always been toughness in the playoffs. Now they trade Beverly and Morris (all of their toughness) for a few 3pt percentage points.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
the_process
RealGM

Post#1215 » by the_process » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:23 pm

Since they have to sign two guys, I assume the other besides Lowry will yet again be a washed up center? Robin Lopez, come on down!
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1216 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:37 am

Would you upset if this was our off-season?

S&T Melton, Better of ‘26 1st’s, LAC ‘28 1st , and ‘24 2nd for DeJounte Murray and De’Andre Hunter
Hawks get the 2 1st’s back they gave up for Murray and get Melton for a few million less than Murray. Being able to dump Hunter’s full contract for a 2nd without taking salary back is a bonus for them and their roster building

Sign 1 of Garry Harris Jr, Alec Burks, or Kris Dunn

Use MLE on 1 of Taurean Prince, Royce O’Neal, or Kyle Anderson

Retain Buddy via Bird Rights

Kyle Lowry stays for minimum

Murray
Maxey
Hield
Hunter
Embiid
Bench- Prince/O’Neal/Anderson, GHJ/Burks/Dunn, Reed, ‘24 1st, Lowry, + minimum contracts

My very rough estimate puts payroll below the 1st apron at around $175M
the_process
RealGM

Post#1217 » by the_process » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:27 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Would you upset if this was our off-season?

S&T Melton, Better of ‘26 1st’s, LAC ‘28 1st , and ‘24 2nd for DeJounte Murray and De’Andre Hunter
Hawks get the 2 1st’s back they gave up for Murray and get Melton for a few million less than Murray. Being able to dump Hunter’s full contract for a 2nd without taking salary back is a bonus for them and their roster building

Murray
Maxey
Hield
Hunter
Embiid
Bench- Prince/O’Neal/Anderson, GHJ/Burks/Dunn, Reed, ‘24 1st, Lowry, + minimum contracts

The trade is fine but Morey is aiming a lot higher. We'll also have to see if he signs someone outright or gets a S&T done.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1218 » by the_process » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:29 am

Lowry, check.

Who will be the big man? And will they have enough money left over to sign a 15th? Obviously they are staying under the tax.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1219 » by 76ciology » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:44 am

Stanford wrote:I can't believe Cam Payne is only 29

Everybody added 3 years on their age since the pandemic
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,701

Post#1220 » by stormi » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:35 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:Would you upset if this was our off-season?

Murray
Maxey
Hield
Hunter
Embiid

I'd hold my picks for another year before I cashed them out for Dejounte, and De'Andre Hunter is Marcus Morris minus 8 years. I don't see the end game with this move.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers