ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,567

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#1181 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:08 am

LloydFree wrote:If all it took was two 2nd round picks, 3-5 years from now, the 76ers should have been all over Xavier Tillman.

Yup.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#1182 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:15 am

Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,939

Post#1183 » by Foshan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:23 am

76ciology wrote:
LloydFree wrote:If all it took was two 2nd round picks, 3-5 years from now, the 76ers should have been all over Xavier Tillman.

Yup.

I wonder if JSmith from Indy could be had at a similar price? add him to the Hield deal, i''ll feel less ill if someone else comes in the deal.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#1184 » by Kolkmania » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:35 am

It really is unbelievable how the Celtics get this done.

Tillman has been bad this year, but the previous year he has been a really good rotation player. Two meh second round picks is a steal. Add that they got White for one 1st round pick and two scrubs and basically Porzingis for one high 2nd round pick (based on Smart's value as two first round picks).
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1185 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:47 am

Foshan wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yup.

I wonder if JSmith from Indy could be had at a similar price? add him to the Hield deal, i''ll feel less ill if someone else comes in the deal.

Yeah, he’s another guy im looking at. He’s underrated at +2.2 EPM. There’s no way Pacers can re-sign him after needing to max out Siakam. He’s currently being limited to 20mins per game.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1186 » by 76ciology » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:32 pm

Kolkmania wrote:It really is unbelievable how the Celtics get this done.

Tillman has been bad this year, but the previous year he has been a really good rotation player. Two meh second round picks is a steal. Add that they got White for one 1st round pick and two scrubs and basically Porzingis for one high 2nd round pick (based on Smart's value as two first round picks).

Yes. But believe me Grizz got a good chance to get someone as good as Tillman with those second round picks because they can get someone as good as him on their sleep with how good they are in getting his type/level of talent in the draft.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#1187 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:10 pm

Kolkmania wrote:It really is unbelievable how the Celtics get this done.

Yep. Shrewd move after shrewd move, always balancing the future and the present, while we're salivating over Andre Drummond and Bojan Bogdanovic. There are worse organizations to be a fan of, for sure, but we have it pretty bad.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,518

Post#1188 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:17 pm

We can't worry about what Boston is doing, but it is hard to take this franchise seriously when the the gyrating rumors of us being interested in Alec Burks, Bogdanovic, Buddy Fkn Hield, and Kelly Olynynk are all that we hear. Still, I have faith that Morey will make the right move.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,148

Post#1189 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:28 pm

76ciology wrote:
Foshan wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Yup.

Yeah, he’s another guy im looking at. He’s underrated at +2.2 EPM. There’s no way Pacers can re-sign him after needing to max out Siakam. He’s currently being limited to 20mins per game.

This. Jalen Smith has been good this year. We need to find young, undervalued guys who can potentially break out like him.

A deal bringing both Hield and Smith would be great, depending on the cost of course.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#1190 » by Covi_Marsh » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:34 pm

I mean we went into the deadline knowing we weren’t going to trade a 1sts unless it was for a 3rd star. There isn’t a star available unless you want to empty the cupboard on Dejounte Murray. Next best thing is to grab a playmaker and shooting for some of our 6 second round picks. So that’s going to be the Burks, Hields and Bojans of the world. All who shoot heavy volume and above or around 40%. That’s desperately needed for Embiid and now without him. And they’re all expiring or small guarantee next season. What’s the disappointment about? You can’t force teams to sell their best players.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#1191 » by Covi_Marsh » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:39 pm

I will say letting all these expirings, expire will be counterproductive which is why I believe that we looked into brogdan. 2 yr contracts will be valueable too as after this season they will be expirings and can be used in sign & trades or trade deadline deals because after we max Maxey we will need salary to make trades.

Portland is tryna force a 1st tho which isn’t going to happen from us.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#1192 » by the_process » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:43 pm

If NOP trades for Murray, I want Dyson Daniels here with the quickness.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#1193 » by Murray_17 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:45 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:I will say letting all these expirings, expire will be counterproductive which is why I believe that we looked into brogdan. 2 yr contracts will be valueable too as after this season they will be expirings and can be used in sign & trades or trade deadline deals because after we max Maxey we will need salary to make trades.

This, if you don't buy with all the expirings you have you basically are restricted to FA because in the offseason we would not have any contracts to make trades.

If you get buyer remorse, fine, move the contracts you adquire now.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore

Post#1194 » by Covi_Marsh » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:53 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Covi_Marsh wrote:I will say letting all these expirings, expire will be counterproductive which is why I believe that we looked into brogdan. 2 yr contracts will be valueable too as after this season they will be expirings and can be used in sign & trades or trade deadline deals because after we max Maxey we will need salary to make trades.

This, if you don't buy with all the expirings you have you basically are restricted to FA because in the offseason we would not have any contracts to make trades.

If you get buyer remorse, fine, move the contracts you adquire now.

I think there is a silver lining of the new CBA tho. For example, Boston is gonna be strapped once Jaylen Brown super max kicks in. I think they would be willing to trade him and extend Holiday/ White while decreasing some of that tax. They would be willing to take draft picks and a 50 mil? TPE.

Might be a bad example because I think you forfeit trade exceptions when your over the apron but you get the gist. Moving a star for picks and a huge TPE is better than picks and expirings. Couldn’t even throw Reed or Springe in as a young prospect.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1195 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:58 pm

Covi_Marsh wrote:I think there is a silver lining of the new CBA tho. For example, Boston is gonna be strapped once Jaylen Brown super max kicks in. I think they would be willing to trade him and extend Holiday/ White while decreasing some of that tax. They would be willing to take draft picks and a 50 mil? TPE.

Might be a bad example because I think you forfeit trade exceptions when your over the apron but you get the gist. Moving a star for picks and a huge TPE is better than picks and expirings. Couldn’t even throw Reed or Springe in as a young prospect.

Unfortunately, I think trading Brown for a huge package only makes them more viable in the future. He's not that good. They could really replenish their assets with a Brown trade and they've proven to be able to make sub-superstar trades that add to their depth.

The only positive is that they can't draft.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#1196 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:10 pm

Morey needs to do something. Making 0 moves would be like letting a dying person just lay there. Either pull the plug (trade off expirings for future assets), or try something drastic to save the team. Doing nothing is going to be torture to the fan base and going to really piss people off. Sixers will be fighting for the 8 seed and playing in front of an empty home crowd.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1197 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:14 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:Morey needs to do something. Making 0 moves would be like letting a dying person just lay there. Either pull the plug (trade off expirings for future assets), or try something drastic to save the team. Doing nothing is going to be torture to the fan base and going to really piss people off. Sixers will be fighting for the 8 seed and playing in front of an empty home crowd.

My gut feeling is that selling in this market is the way to go. I don't have a lot of faith in Jo's ability to get in shape in time, especially as we could absolutely play Boston in round 1. Could be wrong though.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Post#1198 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:24 pm

Weird hypothetical I'm pondering as an exercise. Is there any number of FRPs the Spurs would accept with Holmgren to trade Wemby to OKC? What if it's Holmgren, Williams, and FRPs?
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 137

Post#1199 » by MoeGreene » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:36 pm

Sixers sent Beverly to the Bucks. Morey is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Got back Cameron Payne and Milwaukee's 2027 second-round pick
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#1200 » by the_process » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:46 pm

MoeGreene wrote:Sixers sent Beverly to the Bucks. Morey is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). Got back Cameron Payne and Milwaukee's 2027 second-round pick

He grabbed another 2nd in hopes of using it to get Drummond IMO.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers