Kelly Oubre struck by car, serious injuries, but not life threatening

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,743

Re: Kelly Oubre struck by car, serious injuries, but not life threatening 

Post#61 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:52 pm

Broken ribs
Thereā€™s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#62 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:52 pm

Sources: 76ers G/F Kelly Oubre Jr. sustained broken ribs and an assortment of bruises and cuts to his body after being struck by a car in Philadelphia on Saturday night. Oubre fortunately avoided more serious injuries, but will now miss significant time.
Thereā€™s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#63 » by Ben » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Looking for a pewter lining (cause it can't really be silver with Oubre hurt), I wonder whether KJ could get some more extended play in Oubre's absence and we could see how he adapts to Nurse's system. We'll probably see more of House, but he's more of a known quantity.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,996

Post#64 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:55 pm

76ciology wrote:Sources: 76ers G/F Kelly Oubre Jr. sustained broken ribs and an assortment of bruises and cuts to his body after being struck by a car in Philadelphia on Saturday night. Oubre fortunately avoided more serious injuries, but will now miss significant time.

Wow, actually better than expected (depending on the severity of the ribs). Was expecting at least one of his arms.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#65 » by Ben » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:55 pm

76ciology wrote:Sources: 76ers G/F Kelly Oubre Jr. sustained broken ribs and an assortment of bruises and cuts to his body after being struck by a car in Philadelphia on Saturday night. Oubre fortunately avoided more serious injuries, but will now miss significant time.

Thanks for that. Seems like a blessing that it was "only" broken ribs. Not only not life-threatening, but seems like it should be less impactful for his playing abilities once he recovers.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,254

Post#66 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:11 pm

Sounds like probably 2-3 weeks if I had to guess. So happy it was nothing more serious and that he survived.

I think Kork will pick up the extra minutes in addition to Batum and Covington. Might also consider getting a useful player with Morris's contract as well.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 979

Post#67 » by Tony Franciosa » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:16 pm

this f-ing city and its drivers. not surprising at all this bottom feeder fled the scene. odds it was a Dodge Charger? pretty high!
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,822

Post#68 » by phillynative » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:38 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Sounds like probably 2-3 weeks if I had to guess. So happy it was nothing more serious and that he survived.

I think Kork will pick up the extra minutes in addition to Batum and Covington. Might also consider getting a useful player with Morris's contract as well.

Only 2-3 weeks? How long does it usually take a professional athlete to recover from broken ribs?

I could be wrong but I doubt Morey makes any roster moves because of this injury
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#69 » by Kova » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:45 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Hope for a good recovery.
Our season is over, he was our 3rd best player, he was reallly important in what he provided on the court.

What do you mean by "our season"? Us Sixers fans don't think that way. You however are not and have never been a Sixers fan.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,923

Post#70 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:48 pm

Kova wrote:What do you mean by "our season"? Us Sixers fans don't think that way. You however are not and have never been a Sixers fan.

Stop engaging with him
76ciology
RealGM

Post#71 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:09 pm

phillynative wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Sounds like probably 2-3 weeks if I had to guess. So happy it was nothing more serious and that he survived.

Only 2-3 weeks? How long does it usually take a professional athlete to recover from broken ribs?

I could be wrong but I doubt Morey makes any roster moves because of this injury

AI told me 2-4 weeks on average depending in severity. You also have to factor adding 1-2 weeks for getting conditioning back and stuffs.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,100

Post#73 » by sixers hoops » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:36 pm

76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:

AI told me 2-4 weeks on average depending in severity. You also have to factor adding 1-2 weeks for getting conditioning back and stuffs.

He might pull a Willis Reed for the in-season championship.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,822

Post#74 » by phillynative » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:40 pm

So if I gave it an uneducated guess without any setbacks around a month out...

I can imagine he's not going to want to be out longer than needed but the final say will be from medical staff.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#75 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:50 pm

phillynative wrote:So if I gave it an uneducated guess without any setbacks around a month out...

I can imagine he's not going to want to be out longer than needed but the final say will be from medical staff.

Contract year is also a factor.

Thats why i was worried on the late announcement of the injuries. Maybe he tries to hide the nature of his injury (i.e knee, back or shoulder)
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,569

Post#76 » by HardenGoat » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:08 pm

Thankfully it wasnā€™t worse. Thatā€™s scary. Hope he recovers quick and back in the flow, guy was balling.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,996

Post#77 » by Negrodamus » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Doesnā€™t seem like itā€™ll be as long as they were suggesting.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#78 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:09 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
phillynative wrote:

He might pull a Willis Reed for the in-season championship.

Oubre said he wanted to make in-season tourney title game in Vegas on his b-day.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#79 » by 76ciology » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:10 pm

He is out and will be re-evaluated in approximately one week.[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,780

Post#80 » by Skates » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:36 pm

Ben wrote:Looking for a pewter lining (cause it can't really be silver with Oubre hurt), I wonder whether KJ could get some more extended play in Oubre's absence and we could see how he adapts to Nurse's system. We'll probably see more of House, but he's more of a known quantity.

Apparently it was a silver sedan that hit Kelly, that is as Philly as silver linings ever get.

Damn glad he is going to be okay, sore as hell, but hopefully no long term ill effects for the young fellow and fan favorite.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers