Starter
And1: 2,115

Re: Maxey > Lillard 

Post#21 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:46 am

M2J wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
lol

its not PR. The heights listed are legit nowadays. Maxey is normal PG height now

People act like he's sub 6'

You need to watch him play - always looks like the smallest player on the team. He's Patty Mills size with slightly longer arms.

Because he's quicker than those smaller players, maybe that's what you're seeing.

He's legit 6'3, looks about the same size as Donovan Mitchell, and I think more than 200lbs.

Maxey is the smallest player on the court vs the Cavs with Darius Garland and Craig Porter Jr. both listed as 6"1'. Do you really think that those Cavs players are really 6" 4-5' but are playing it down???
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,546

Post#22 » by youngcrev » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:04 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
M2J wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:You need to watch him play - always looks like the smallest player on the team. He's Patty Mills size with slightly longer arms.

Because he's quicker than those smaller players, maybe that's what you're seeing.

He's legit 6'3, looks about the same size as Donovan Mitchell, and I think more than 200lbs.

Maxey is the smallest player on the court vs the Cavs with Darius Garland and Craig Porter Jr. both listed as 6"1'. Do you really think that those Cavs players are really 6" 4-5' but are playing it down???

I think he's 6'1.5"

That's what they originally listed him at when the NBA made them do heights without shoes. And then they rounded up to 6'2" the following year.

Now shut up!
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#23 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:42 am

youngcrev wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
M2J wrote:

I think he's 6'1.5"

That's what they originally listed him at when the NBA made them do heights without shoes. And then they rounded up to 6'2" the following year.

Now shut up!

Jog on halfwit.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 855

Post#24 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:19 pm

When Maxey becomes a stone cold killer as a closer we can start to talk about Maxey > Lillard. As of now he's lacking that mentality.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#25 » by youngcrev » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:11 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:Maxey is the smallest player on the court vs the Cavs with Darius Garland and Craig Porter Jr. both listed as 6"1'. Do you really think that those Cavs players are really 6" 4-5' but are playing it down???

I think he's 6'1.5"

Now shut up!

Jog on halfwit.

I mean, it was actual evidence that supported your theory other than "when I look my TV he seems short", but ok. Be the "bro, do you even watch games" guy on a board full of basketball fanatics. It's going well for you.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter

Post#26 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:10 pm

youngcrev wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
I think he's 6'1.5"

Now shut up!

Jog on halfwit.

I mean, it was actual evidence that supported your theory other than "when I look my TV he seems short", but ok. Be the "bro, do you even watch games" guy on a board full of basketball fanatics. It's going well for you.

So seeing them standing next to each other on TV isn't evidence?? Right..........

The mental gymnastics that homers have to do on here just gets more bizarre the more wrong they are.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#27 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:29 am

Aussies did wayy more mental gymnastics with their idol Bum Simmons, just saying...
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,944

Post#28 » by Foshan » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:57 am

Please consider this a kind request / warning to shift this conversation away from the personal comments, and back toward the topic. If this is not possible, the topic will be locked and warnings will be given.

Thanks!
Foshan
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#29 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:44 pm

DeAnthony Melton is the guy with the most similar height to Maxey on the team. We see them next to each other all the time. Melton was measured 6'2" without shoes predraft. Him and Maxey look relatively the same height when they are on the court together. He certainly doesn't look multiple inches taller than Maxey.

The only mental gymnastics that are going on is this random assertion that he's a sub-6 footer like Patty Mills. He's small for an NBA player in general (as are most PGs by nature being that it tends to be the smallest position on the floor), and he'll continue to be attacked by bigger players because of that (and simply because he's still a bad defender in general at this stage).
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,322

Post#30 » by Murray_17 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:21 pm

This thread is just .....lol

Guy is obsessed about Maxey being "small" while playing a position where the average height goes between 6 and 6'3
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,760

Post#31 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:21 pm

Maxey’s length is comparable to de’Aaron fox
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,606

Post#32 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:04 pm

I'm just going to stick with the Maxey>Lillard talk. Not concerned about his height. If we're going solely off the title of this thread, then I have to disagree that Maxey > Lillard and the only reason why is because Lillard is a stone-cold killer when the game is on the line. Maxey looks like he's got the stones to be that kind of closer, but with the small sample we've gotten thus far, it's been a failure. He missed an opportunity against the Celtics in a game that we luckily still won and then he missed again badly against the Cavs a couple of nights ago. It's great that Maxey can drop 50 on the Pistons and suddenly be better than Lillard, but Lillard has done that against the elite teams of the league over the years and he's been cash money when the game is on the line as far back as I can remember. I'll put Maxey in the same conversation with Dame when he starts to finish games the way Dame has done since 2013. With that being said, Joel Embiid is going to have to give up the taking-the-last-shot role because it's never worked for him. In order to know if Maxey is that guy, we need to see him get an opportunity in those situations.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#33 » by youngcrev » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:07 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I'm just going to stick with the Maxey>Lillard talk. Not concerned about his height. If we're going solely off the title of this thread, then I have to disagree that Maxey > Lillard and the only reason why is because Lillard is a stone-cold killer when the game is on the line. Maxey looks like he's got the stones to be that kind of closer, but with the small sample we've gotten thus far, it's been a failure. He missed an opportunity against the Celtics in a game that we luckily still won and then he missed again badly against the Cavs a couple of nights ago. It's great that Maxey can drop 50 on the Pistons and suddenly be better than Lillard, but Lillard has done that against the elite teams of the league over the years and he's been cash money when the game is on the line as far back as I can remember. I'll put Maxey in the same conversation with Dame when he starts to finish games the way Dame has done since 2013. With that being said, Joel Embiid is going to have to give up the taking-the-last-shot role because it's never worked for him. In order to know if Maxey is that guy, we need to see him get an opportunity in those situations.

Yeah.

We're also currently seeing go through some struggles with the added attention teams are giving him, something Dame has seen and adjusted to for years now.

But hey, if we're jumping the gun, at least it's an optimistic take.

People were obviously also getting ahead of themselves on Dame taking a step back due to early season struggles with a new team.

I will say, it's certainly a lot closer than expected right now. And given the age difference, I'm pretty glad we didn't make the deal (whether it was actually on the table or not).

Return to Philadelphia 76ers