ImageImageImage

Game 16: Sixers @ Thunder 11/25 @ 5 pm ET Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,818

Re: Game 16: Sixers @ Thunder 11/25 @ 5 pm ET Thread 

Post#101 » by kriss73 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:16 am

Batum is a guru. Perfect player to pair with Joel. He's worth the trade with Harden by himself, LOL.
Maxey is playing too many minutes: that's a warning, season is long
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,096

Post#102 » by Embiid P » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:51 am

kriss73 wrote:Batum is a guru. Perfect player to pair with Joel. He's worth the trade with Harden by himself, LOL.

Agreed on both counts. Hence why this team needs a secondary ballhandler/PG who isn't washed. Beverley had a rare good game vs. OKC but obviously he's not gonna be that guy most nights.

I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see Nurse experiment with Batum running the point at times just to see if he still has it.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,821

Post#103 » by phillynative » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:52 am

Eyeamok wrote:I love the fact that Nurse is willing to challenge a call. Last season Doc would just look up at the big screen and wave his hand in disgust and walk away and the challenges came far and few between. Not this season Nurse loves to dispute a call. Good for this team.

Yea he would just shake his head , at obvious bad calls but than would use them on challenges that were hard to reverse. Just an a$$ backwards coach.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#104 » by Kova » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:48 am

I also like the two-man handoff & screen game that Maxey runs with Embiid, also sometimes with Tobias and Batum. Creates a lot of movement and shot opportunities.
Reminds a bit of how Redick and Embiid ran it, but this one is even more dynamic.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,606

Post#105 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:19 pm

phillynative wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:I love the fact that Nurse is willing to challenge a call. Last season Doc would just look up at the big screen and wave his hand in disgust and walk away and the challenges came far and few between. Not this season Nurse loves to dispute a call. Good for this team.

Yea he would should his head , at obvious bad calls than would use them on calls that were hard to reverse. Just an a$$ backwards coach.

:lol: :lol:
always a jump shot away.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,073

Post#106 » by Sixerscan » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:00 pm

phillynative wrote:

Yea he would should his head , at obvious bad calls than would use them on calls that were hard to reverse. Just an a$$ backwards coach.

Lol, I feel like he would mostly only use them if Embiid or Harden complained enough as a way to stay in their good graces or whatever

Good win btw
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,466

Post#107 » by Eyeamok » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:16 pm

kriss73 wrote:Batum is a guru. Perfect player to pair with Joel. He's worth the trade with Harden by himself, LOL.

It's crazy how good Batum is. When I see the points PJ Tucker puts up on a nightly basis trading Batum left a massive hole on their bench. He plays his role extremely well
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,047

Post#108 » by mjkvol » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 pm

phillynative wrote:

Yea he would just shake his head , at obvious bad calls but than would use them on challenges that were hard to reverse. Just an a$$ backwards coach.

And don't forget the wide eyed perplexed look with the palms up outstretched arms.

On second thought, best to forget it as soon as possible.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers